Home

Coin toss problem still?

This is a discussion on Coin toss problem still? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

OVR: 0
Coin toss problem still?

So I read all of the patches they did with this new update, nothing I read said anything about the coin toss problem thing. I know I made an article before about this but is anyone else still receiving the ball first every game regardless if you got your preference to kick?? Still happening to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Coin toss problem still?

I haven't had this problem, I make sure it's always set to kick first option, with wind for second, I recieve first sometimes and sometimes I kick....I haven't had a run of just recieving.....the one thing I do is before the game on the uniform screen before starting the game I make sure it's set that way, I noticed whatever you choose in the main settings doesn't stick....maybe that's what's wrong? No issue on my end in 100+ games
Old 10-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's not a problem. In fact, I've been asking for this for years and they finally got the coin toss options right this year. I'm surprised we haven't seen more threads asking this question though.

If you have your win coin toss option set to kick that means the other team get's the first choice in the second half and obviously they will pick to receive again.

You need to set your choice to defer your choice to the second half, the other team the pretty much has to select receive in the first half and since you've deferred your choice to the second half it will choose to receive for you.
So you suggest or say to set it as defer and it should fix that problem??
Old 10-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's not a problem. In fact, I've been asking for this for years and they finally got the coin toss options right this year. I'm surprised we haven't seen more threads asking this question though.

If you have your win coin toss option set to kick that means the other team get's the first choice in the second half and obviously they will pick to receive again.

You need to set your choice to defer your choice to the second half, the other team the pretty much has to select receive in the first half and since you've deferred your choice to the second half it will choose to receive for you.
I've noticed that some times the game resets my preference and I think that is what the op may be referring to.

I don't know what causes it to reset.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagsFan58
So you suggest or say to set it as defer and it should fix that problem??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I've noticed that some times the game resets my preference and I think that is what the op may be referring to.

I don't know what causes it to reset.
No, sorry guys, you can see my edit note at the bottom of my post.

I totally and terrible misread the original post when I was on my phone earlier. Completely my bad.

When I edited it, I meant to delete it because it's irrelevant to this (I haven't experienced it myself but still irrelevant).

I had a ridiculously long day at work and it carried over to lack of attention here lol.

I amazingly somehow read the post to say "I have selected to kick first and am kicking in both halfs."

Nasty side affect of skimming through hundreds of emails all day at work.

Again, my fault, and my bad.

Last edited by kehlis; 10-08-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I've had this problem on XBOX ONE. Kind of sucks, especially when your choices don't work at all! I always pick 1st Choice Kick, 2nd Choice With Wind. And I almost always get Receive AND Against Wind. Even when I try to change it, I always go against the wind and the end of halves.

Stupid issue, but easily looked over for me.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

Taking out the cointoss (even as minute in the grand scheme of things that it is) was one of the dumbest things they did this go around. Why even bother?

Sometimes if it aint broke, don't fix it.... ESPECIALLY in regards to EA.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungefly85
Taking out the cointoss (even as minute in the grand scheme of things that it is) was one of the dumbest things they did this go around. Why even bother?

Sometimes if it aint broke, don't fix it.... ESPECIALLY in regards to EA.
But yet they show the count toss if you are in overtime? Yeah doesn't make sense either

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »