Home

2 questions

This is a discussion on 2 questions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
Rookie

midero's Arena

OVR: 0
2 questions

Been playing a few seasons now and there are 2 things that kinda annoy me (there are more than 2 things tbh but these annoy me the most.

In all other Maddens I have been able to do a KR/PR TD every now and then but now on Madden 15 I'm happy if I get a 10 yard return. None of my players rly seem to be interested in blocking and my return man (speed 96 I think) doesn't rly seem to be fast. Is there something new on Madden 15 that I have missed or something?

The other thing is long passes, on all other Madden I could throw a deep ball to an open receiver every now and then but on Madden 15 in 5 seasons or so I haven't been able to throw a deep ball once. Only use drag routes, out routes, slants as that only seems to work to get the ball to a receiver. Does this have to do with the style of play (I run west coast offense) or something??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: 2 questions

IMO I think it's hard to break a run on special team because of the new kickoff rule, moving the ball from the 30 to the 35, so it's hard to set up blockers. About the passing, your not doing anything wrong, the new defensive AI makes it hard to throw down field. Medium and short passes can move the chains, and if you can run the ball effectively, play action and screens are effective if you want chucks of yards but you will have to set it up by running the ball. Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by midero
Been playing a few seasons now and there are 2 things that kinda annoy me (there are more than 2 things tbh but these annoy me the most.

In all other Maddens I have been able to do a KR/PR TD every now and then but now on Madden 15 I'm happy if I get a 10 yard return. None of my players rly seem to be interested in blocking and my return man (speed 96 I think) doesn't rly seem to be fast. Is there something new on Madden 15 that I have missed or something?

The other thing is long passes, on all other Madden I could throw a deep ball to an open receiver every now and then but on Madden 15 in 5 seasons or so I haven't been able to throw a deep ball once. Only use drag routes, out routes, slants as that only seems to work to get the ball to a receiver. Does this have to do with the style of play (I run west coast offense) or something??

PR TD I have not had in 2 full seasons..........KR TD I have had 1 and yes the blocking is terrible, but what I have found to work is pick the return up the middle with just the 1 return man, stay off of speed burst, find the hole and hit it, its been way more difficult then years past though I hear ya.

Deep balls are hard this year but what I have found to work is if its single coverage you hold down and towards the sideline on the right stick and lob the pass, this will in fact throw a deep ball now a curl route like it seems since your holding down, it will also trigger the spectacular catch animation so your WR will jump up in the air and try to make a great grab over the DB.

Hope this helps some
Old 10-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
Rookie

midero's Arena

good to know it's not just me lol

will try with just the 1 return man and see if it'll improve my return game a bit
Old 10-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #5
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by midero
good to know it's not just me lol

will try with just the 1 return man and see if it'll improve my return game a bit
Def not just you! lol

But yea the 2 return guys seems to weaken blockers big time, no clue why

Def try the lob pass with right stick angled down and towards sideline for deep balls, you will be amazed how nice it looks when the WR squares up and makes an awesome catch or makes a tip toe grab on sideline, most wont even have a chance to be picked since if over thrown they go out of bounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
Rookie

wanescotting's Arena

What I have noticed is that most teams have some staters on punt coverage...yep, even Patrick Willis!
Seems like you get " sucked in " to tackles on punt returns
Old 10-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Turn the threshold to 0 in your settings, should give your speed a difference.

Otherwise, don't worry about it, NFL has made rules to prevent special teams.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
MVP

In 3 seasons with default settings I have 0 PR TDs (although that's pretty normal for me) and 3 KR TDs, two of which came in the same game. I think its mostly bad blocking, with speed threshold playing a factor too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »