Home

Using game prep/ Install scheme for custom playbook

This is a discussion on Using game prep/ Install scheme for custom playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Rookie

Fixxer's Arena

OVR: 0
Using game prep/ Install scheme for custom playbook

If you are using a custom playbook in your CFM should you use your game prep to install scheme so your players know the plays you put in your playbook? I know this is thinking outside the box but people are saying that players are saying they don't know the playbook so would that fix that issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Using game prep/ Install scheme for custom playbook

Not knowing the playbook is to do with the scheme you are running, so if you draft a west coast qb but you run a vertical offence then his confidence will take a hit. Installing the scheme won't entirely offset the confidence lost. I can't imagine ea would put that much effort in to it. But in saying that it could be worth a try
Old 10-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Fixxer's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the reply. So if EA specifically put something in saying " I don't know the playbook" there has to be a game prep activity to counter that, or is it just a confidence issue? Are all the game prep activities the same result with a different title, or do they actually do what they say and you see different results on the field? I may be over thinking this but someone in my cfm has there cbs intercepting anything that is thrown at them and he says just be smart with game prep choice.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
Rookie

It's a confidence issue. They all do the same thing which is boost confidence by small increments. It would be good if it was a bit more in depth as I personally think the confidence system is poorly designed. As for his cb's it might just be a high awareness and or play recognition attribute
Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by madball
Not knowing the playbook is to do with the scheme you are running, so if you draft a west coast qb but you run a vertical offence then his confidence will take a hit. Installing the scheme won't entirely offset the confidence lost. I can't imagine ea would put that much effort in to it. But in saying that it could be worth a try
And this is where EA completely dropped the ball. They give us a wide variety of offenses, yet only a small set of "schemes." Example... I run the Run & Shoot, but there's no scheme for that. And if EA thinks that the R&S is just a Spread offense, then they are really missing a huge chunk of what makes the R&S up.

I picked up WR Keyshawn Martin from the waiver wire at the start of my current Oilers CFM. He says that line: 'I don't know the playbook.' I went in to work on his confidence in game prep, then played him for an entire half in the pre-season game after I acquired him and he caught 7 passes and was fine after that.

But why they give us so many different choices of offenses, but so few schemes is just beyond me. How I would love it if you could list the R&S as your scheme and any player not used to that system would, obviously, need time to get it down, but the way it is now just makes me shake my head.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quick question where does it tell you that he doesn't know the playbook?
Old 10-04-2014, 06:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Quick question where does it tell you that he doesn't know the playbook?
In game prep when you select your players to gain confidence/ xp

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »