Home

Big plays

This is a discussion on Big plays within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Big plays

I haven't played very many games so my test sample is small. Are you guys seeing any big plays? Not talking about blown coverage to a streaking wideout. More talking about breaking a tackle or successfully juking on a short rout or run and taking it. 60-70 yrds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Big plays

It would be difficult without 0 threshold.

There were 8 plays in the first week of the NFL that were 60 yards or longer.

There were 2134 offensive snaps in week 1. Which means every 266 plays (Or 0.3% of plays), there's one 60+yard play.

It should be very hard to break long plays.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

I agree that in real life it's hard to break for long plays, so it happens In madden also.. Hell since I had the game I only broke one long run and pass
Old 09-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

I've had two big plays with long yards after the catch, with my small sample. These were also on 0 threshold and All-Pro with Armor and Sword tweaked sliders.

First was called after pounding the ball with the run game for a bit with Zac Stacy. I called a PA FL Hitch, which is a PA fake with two WRs out wide. Number 2 WR on the left side running a streak route, and the right side, number 1 WR running a very short hitch route. I used the formation sub to put my number 2 WR Tavon Austin (97 spd, 96 acc) in position for that hitch route instead of the number 1 WR (Kenny Britt).

I was on my own 35, snapped the ball, and in a little less than a second, threw a low bullet to Austin on the hitch. The CB actually ended up going for a swat on the ball (bad decision), which in turn took him out of the play, to make the tackle on Austin. I laid off the speed burst initially, so I could quickly turn up field, and then speed burst immediately after, out-running everyone for about 65 yards. No one had the angle on me. I think it was just a great call, after having some success running the ball. They bit on it.. played aggressively, might have expected the run, which in turn, no one was there to have an angle on me to stop the long run after the catch.

Another play was another PA fake, with two wideouts lined up on the right and left side of the field. The number 1 WR (Kenny Britt), on the right running a streak route, and the the number 2 WR (Tavon Austin) running a deep in-route on the left side.

I was on the 50 yard line, snapped the ball, waited just long enough for Austin to get some separation, slightly lead him and completed the pass. Now after the completion, I still have the CB not far behind me, and also had a FS that stayed deep enough to come up and make a tackle quickly on me. I didn't speed burst initially as I had to turn up field after the catch, then just as the FS was closing in and about to lay the wood on Austin, I timed an inside juke (which at the time I was still somewhat at an angle and turning up field) perfectly, causing a whiff.

This juke also caused the CB that was behind me to gain ground quickly, but I speed burst after I got straightened out a bit, after the juke, and the CB dove about 3-4 yards after I began to speed burst, only to barely miss my legs. I took it to the house after making two defenders miss. The FS who was in great position to make the tackle, and the CB who probably should have had me after the juke and gained ground on me, but he grabbed nothing but air, probably all due to Austin's 96 acceleration.

I have also had a near TD kickoff return after a couple broken tackles with Tre Mason, as well as good pickups on blocks, along the sideline. He was caught around the opponent's 20 yard line due to one BIG player taking a great angle on me. I have no doubt if it was Chris Givens (96 spd, 94 acc) or Tavon Austin (my punt returner), it would have been a kickoff return, although I don't know if they would have broken the necessary tackles like Mason did. I am holding out hope that I can eventually break open a return on a punt for a TD with Austin, but I'm not sure if it's possible with the horrid blocking. I probably just need to play more games, and eventually I'll find a hole.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-11-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

I've managed to complete a few big runs with DMC.

Out of the Pistol, I have DMC subbed in for MJD who I CANNOT get going for whatever reason. On a counter on 3rd and 5 I broke off a 53 yard run, before Patrick Peterson managed to catch me from behind.

Against the Chargers, first play of the game I ran a dig with Denarius Moore, I beat the CB with a inside juke and spun to safety away from Eric Weddle, I think it was a 64 yard touchdown.. I've gotta check to make sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #6
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

I returned a punt to the house in my 2nd game with Antonio Brown while testing out sliders. Didn't take it to the sideline or anything. I just juked once and spun and I sometimes made it to daylight... still have no clue how I really did that.

The only other big plays are streaks in my 2nd preseason to my 2 6'6 rookie WRs and DAT when I can get him on the outside vs a LB in Man. I also hit a streak to Markus Wheaton in that game I returned a punt. 46 yards on the first play from scrimmage with very tight coverage. Again, don't really know how.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »