Home

How's your defense?!...

This is a discussion on How's your defense?!... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
How's your defense?!...

There's a tread in the xbox1 ps3 board for defense but I was wondering what goin on with the xbox1 and ps4 versions. Os defense none existent on those as well. What tips does anyone have? I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna scream! Play on on all madden is nearly impossible regardless of what defense you select. And I don't like touching sliders.
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your defense?!...

I've played 2 games where I've only allowed 6 points. Haven't had a shut out yet. If I think the offense might run the ball (1st down, 2nd down, 3rd and short,) I usually control a linebacker that's supposed to blitz if they're available or I take a DT and try to stuff the middle. I've had decent to moderate to success at stopping the run this way. On 3rd and long I always take a pass rusher on the outside and try to get to the quarterback.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins
I've played 2 games where I've only allowed 6 points. Haven't had a shut out yet. If I think the offense might run the ball (1st down, 2nd down, 3rd and short,) I usually control a linebacker that's supposed to blitz if they're available or I take a DT and try to stuff the middle. I've had decent to moderate to success at stopping the run this way. On 3rd and long I always take a pass rusher on the outside and try to get to the quarterback.
Is this default all madden?...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 09-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

No I use Charter04's all madden sliders.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins
No I use Charter04's all madden sliders.
man...I hate touching sliders but may not have a choice due to the imbalance off play cpu vs human. What or where can I get them?...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-sliders.html

Those are my favorite ones, I don't discredit anybody else's because I know everyone works hard on them. I used charter's last year too though, they're solid.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #7
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I never give up more than 17 vs. the computer on default All Pro. 18 was the most I've given up in a 10 minute user game.

I run a very blitz heavy 3-4 and have had a lot of luck so far.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

Charter's are fantastic! They are the ones i'm using.

As far as your defensive question. I really use a lot of zone & zone blitzing to get stops. I can't get man coverage's to work worth a darn if the opposing personnel comes out in a 3 WR or more set. If i'm running man its usually on first down with some type of blitz & thats to stop the run. Anything over 5 yards to go i'm usually in cover 2 or cover 3 zone especially if its 3rd down. Mid level and young QB's i'm blitzing on those situations to help get pressure.

Use the skills tutorial to help you out explaining what each zone is & strengths & weaknesses are. Zone blitzing is pretty much a cover 2,cover 3, or cover 4 just with certain defenders blitzing.

Mix your play calling & practice.

These tips are all for playing against the CPU. I really don't mess with Head to Head other than my friends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »