Home

Pick my CFM Team

This is a discussion on Pick my CFM Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pick my CFM Team

I always like to pick a rebuild or someone that will be a challenge to play with in CFM. I am a die hard bengals fan but I am so sick of fixing the bengals, though the last few years have been pretty good. You guys pick the team. Whomever is mentioned the most will be my team choice. Thanks for helping out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Pick my CFM Team

You should probably go with the Browns since I would bet that would be the popular choice.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

patriots, sim till Brady retires (1 or 2 seasons) and start new again. Maybe keep Mallett or build Garropolo or your own guy and see if you can keep them as a dominant franchise or see if you bulid them to the ground lol. Idk figured id give a different answer than most like browns, jags, bucs etc.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I just used yahoo sports standings for assigning a number 1-32 and used a random number generator to pick the team for my online CCM.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

I'm a Saints fan, but I'm playing with the Rams this year (Saints would be too easy to win with). Rams aren't a HUGE rebuilding job. One of the best, if not the best D-line in the NFL. Playing as Robert Quinn (19 sacks last year) who is a beast would be fun. Their DT Michael Brockers is a beast. They drafted another rookie DT beast in Aaron Donald who could start your second year along side Brockers, and bring back the vaunted "Fearsome Foursome" type D-line. Would be fun..

They have okay LBs. Secondary needs work, but you have a okay SS already. O-line will get better, but you may need to draft (Jake Long is getting older, plays LT this year) a LG if you move Greg Robinson to the LT spot in the future. Draft another good wide receiver to build upon their current corps that they already have and those WRs aren't too shabby. Kenny Britt, speedster Tavon Austin (96 spd, 97 acc), and Brain Quick are good enough.. I can't recall what Stedman Bailey or Austin Pettis is rated. Their second year running back Zac Stacy is a beast as well. He has 87 speed, 93 acceleration, and 91 trucking ability. He missed 5 games last year and probably would've put up close to equal numbers yardage-wise as Eddie Lacey had he played those 5 games. Really good young back. I'd used rookie Tre Mason for kickoff returns with Tavon Austin as punt returner, obviously.

Basically, in my opinion, you have about 1, 2 or 3 years in rebuilding and progressing young talent to reach and win a Superbowl all the while having the challenge of playing in the NFC West with all those great defenses. I'd say in your first draft look into CB, FS, WR, LG your first year. Then a Will LB your second year. You'll have a pretty good rookie in E.J. Gaines (hometown Mizzou boy) at CB you can develop. Rookie Lamarcus Joyner another CB/SS/FS hybrid that played for FSU you can put him in the nickel CB spot which is most likely his natural position in the NFL. I plan on trying to get SS Matt Elam from the Ravens somehow through trade. That would leave maybe 1 CB and a better FS for a top D all around. Elam was a hard hitting beast at Florida and I just like his style of play.

Also, I believe they only have 3 players currently on their starting roster that are 30 or older. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. They are pretty young. Anyway, that's my plan for the Rams. As you can tell I have already kind of gameplanned my CFM around the Rams and I just think it's fun team to turn into a contender. Playing in the NFC West will make it a challenge as well, just not the building up of the team.

You also have the Raiders, Jags, Bills, or I hate to say this.. the Cowboys. lol.. you'll need to rebuild that defense and find another QB if Romo retires in year 1 or 2. As the Cowboys you can go owner mode and get Jerry Jones out of there.. then maybe they'll win something again. :P

Also the Texans, good D, but need a rebuild on O.

BTW, ya'll got a great RB in Jeremy Hill. I can't wait to see what he does in the NFL on a regular basis in Cincy.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-25-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #6
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Now that Sam Bradford is out for year again, the QB situation for them in Madden would be an interesting situation. You have 34 year old Shaun Hill, but how long before he retires. You will need to figure out either a trade for another, younger QB with favorable stats, or trade up in the draft for a QB that can start right away. The Rams are fairly young and with their D are built to win now after a few more pieces are added, so there is another reason to pick the Rams. I feel so bad for Bradford, just sucks, but Shaun Hill is the man for this year though.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Titans - You can do anything you want. Completely revamp the offense for sure.

Chargers - Plenty of freedom to make changes. The powder blue unis are the bomb.

Cowboys - I always thought they would be fun. Good division matchups.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

The Chargers have been rebuilding for 20 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »