Home

Why are fatigue and auto-subs SO MUCH better on Play Now?

This is a discussion on Why are fatigue and auto-subs SO MUCH better on Play Now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #17
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why are fatigue and auto-subs SO MUCH better on Play Now?

I haven't noticed very many subs in play now, soooo...

The issue is how they handle progressive fatigue and subs. If you continually use a player eventually their max fatigue falls below the sub in number, meaning they never come back in. In essence, the two mechanics actually work correctly, but they don't accurately mimic how real nfl players fatigue and recover.

Instead of reducing their max fatigue, there should be a sort of fatigue multiplier that causes their fatigue to accumulate faster as the game goes on. So in the first quarter handing the ball off to a player 4 or 5 times in a row (or one particularly big play) should trigger a sub for a couple of plays to allow for recovery. In the 4th quarter the amount of fatigue to trigger a sub should go down (maybe 3 runs in a row or something) and the recovery should be longer (3 or 4 plays instead of 1 or 2).

Honestly though it's probably one of the harder things to develop, because nfl substitutions are not as predictable as in, say, the NBA. In the NBA you have rotations which allow the CPU to manage substitutes at dead-ball situations. But having hard-and-fast rules in the NFL wouldn't work. Let's say EA were to implement something akin to what I described above; could you imagine a running back in a clock-killing situation coming out after a couple of runs? No. Most likely what would happen is the team would slow the pace down, allow the running back time to recover, or he simply wouldn't run as hard until recovered. It's an intricate thing to program.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't get why the game is different when playing play now vs ccm. Stuff works in play now that doesn't work in ccm, sliders work differently and difficulty is also different between the two. Could it be bc it's a separate team that actually works on ccm?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #19
Banned

Set Fatigue to 62. Solved
Old 08-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Set Fatigue to 62. Solved
Not really. That still doesnt take care of the disappearing players problem. What do you have your auto subs set to.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #21
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
For anyone who has played both Madden NFL 25 and Madden NFL 15, is this just the same situation as last year?

Last year, the auto subs feature only worked during exhibition games (online or offline). If you were playing in Connected Franchise (online or offline), the auto subs feature wouldn't work at all inside that mode, regardless of what you had set your sub percentages to. You also had to deal with starters randomly "disappearing" from the game in the second half and never getting subbed back in, even after their energy refilled.

This bug also had a huge impact on the frequency and severity of injuries in Connected Franchise, as players in the orange and red stamina ranges are much more likely to get hurt in Madden.
Yes it seems to be the same as last year. Players disappear in the 4th quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Yes it seems to be the same as last year. Players disappear in the 4th quarter.
Did anyone find a fatigue/auto sub setting that got rid of the dissapearung players but resulted in a few carries for backups.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:09 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Did anyone find a fatigue/auto sub setting that got rid of the dissapearung players but resulted in a few carries for backups.
I have the same issues with my offline CFM. How was this resolved because I have put my sub in/sub out at 95/90 with fatigue at 70. I get no dissapearing players but the sub still takes about 5 to 6 carries in
Old 09-05-2014, 05:26 AM   #24
Rookie

saybur's Arena

I'm mostly concerned about getting a DLine rotation going for myself, since I can take care of the RB subs fairly easily(CPU is just screwed I guess).

I set fatigue to 60 and DE/DT subs to 96/98, and they STILL don't sub but for MAYBE 5% of plays. I have tried quite a few combinations and cannot for the life of me get anything realistic in my CFM. What DLineman would stay at 96% stamina for 95% of a game? Hah!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »