Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #257
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

I checked one quick season. Everything looked pretty good other than the passing stuff. Calvin led the league with almost 1600 receiving, Lynch had almost 1600 rushing .... and then there were the QBs ....

Brees led the league with just over 3500 yards passing (ha).
Top 3 in passing TDs: 32, 31, 22. No other QB had over 18.
Interceptions looked pretty close for the most part with most ranging from 8 to 17.
Completion percentage looked pretty good compared to last year, many in the 58 to 65% range.
Passing attempts looked fairly low, which I suppose could contribute to the lower yardage totals.

Such a shame, too, because there are a TON of things to like about CFM, from what I can tell. I checked a draft class post-draft and it looked fantastic. Lots of 70-81 OVR range guys, one 85 standout taken in the first round, and a few 60 and below guys thrown in here and there, big school guys going early, etc. I was able to progress one guy (Cyprien) from 77 to 91 after a big year with 8 interceptions, other guys moving up 3-4 points after solid years. Player type and scheme unlocked automatically in scouting, which is nice, and they squished the point values down a lot so it's easier to manage the scouting points, which I like as well.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #258
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Well Josh Looman did in fact try to fix sim stats 3 years ago I believe but it still wasn't perfect, but it was better. He was fixing the sacks and tackles stat problem.

I'm not even sure if Looman is still with EA.
Josh Looman is still at EA Austin and still in charge of Connected Franchise. He did a Q&A about CFM on (I think?) Tradition Sports back when that info was dropped.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #259
Rookie

silveredge96's Arena

OVR: 4

So do you guys think that EA will patch this on release day? This is an absolute game killer
Old 08-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #260
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Is it possible to look at the box scores and game summaries from other games in cfm?

If yes, what do the qb stats look like with regards to pass attempts and completions?

It seems like the problem stems from too much rushing and not enough passing.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #261
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the sacks effect on passing numbers. Since sacks are outrageously high in the simulated games, it's taking away from QB's passing attempts, so if EA can decrease the sacks to a more realistic level, that could make a pretty big impact on the passing numbers, basically killing two birds with one stone.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #262
MVP

OVR: 9

Does changing the time for quarters help anything? I only had time to play one game and sim the week this morning and Stafford in a simmed game threw for 437 yards. My CFM quarters are at 9, and default is 6 I think. That was a regular CPU vs CPU, advance week sim game.

Like everyone else, I can't believe this wasn't fixed a long time ago. It's mind-boggling. There has to be a patch ASAP.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #263
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but has anyone tested out Super Sim? If it works properly in CFM to get realistic stats then maybe at that point it will take your sliders into account since you're actually in the game. If you controlled all 32 teams instead of just simming to the next week you would have to start each game and then just super sim it. That might be a bit of a pain but could be a work around. Anyone think it's worth a shot?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #264
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
it is dead quiet on their end. No idea if you can read into that either way. Would be nice for them to tweet out a we hear you and are working on it but my guess is they dont know they can fix it. You have to think that they shipped this knowing it was broken. They do test the product and if any devs are football fans they saw this right away but simply couldnt get humpty dumpty back together again when they started tinkering.

I hear what you are saying about not letting it ruin the game and some out there say that it is crazy to not buy the game since the on the field stuff has improved so much. But as a CFM player it kills the reality. I dont play "play it now" modes because they are not part of a larger world. A game or two or ten may be fun to play but I am not gonna sit down and play hundreds of random games against the computer.
Yeah, this sounds right. I just can't fathom, though, how Josh Looman can talk about spending many of his own programming hours learning how to create new uniform designs for teams that may move, and yet this simulation train wreck is in the release day version of the game. Something is very wrong with the management of CFM development if all this is true.

These problems, if they are in fact real and in the game, ultimately kill CFM for all but 32 team CFM leagues where all teams are user controlled and all games are played rather than simmed.

Maybe there will be a patch or some comment from Tiburon at some point, probably a half fix, a half apology and a shrug.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »