Home

Last years intro vs this years intro

This is a discussion on Last years intro vs this years intro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5
Last years intro vs this years intro

I know this could be in the Madden 15 pregame, but honestly it just looks like they'll have that damned ole chrome stadium intro (not going to lie it does look good), but I did like the televised game intro's last year (did it in play now too on all games) where they showed a little history into the teams that were playing.

Now with that being said, they could've added on to it, where each team had 4 or 5 themes where it didn't get repetitive.

They could've added both new and M25 intro together and made a sweet intro for games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #2
Survival Hurts.....

SilentYetViolent's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Last years intro vs this years intro

I think they'll still have it in the game since it only happened with night/primetime games.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Lets be honest here, although I DO like the pre game stuff, after only 4 or 5 games I button through all of it for the rest of the year. Unless my team goes to the SuperBowl, then I might watch the whole thing, but I am pretty confident that 99% of Madden players skip right through it after seeing it a few times.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

I miss 25's intro sequence. Those roughed up logos were sexy and I liked the old footage and team background thrown in. Why couldn't they have expanded on this instead of removing it?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I liked the intro in M13 the best. The one where they had the QB or RB tossing the ball around posing for the camera. It looked cool and sorta like a promo for the game. I'd take that back in a heartbeat over the real life footage. I want to stay immersed in my "game universe". I'd also prefer to have that footage (QB tossing ball around) show up for the QB when he enters the game over the real life footage (which looks good!) they have now. As an exclusive CFM player it's gonna suck the deeper I get because fewer and fewer players will have one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Many of the presentation elements are good for only the first year. The player spot lights, commentary that mentions the previous year, and many others that you lose in year 2 and beyond. 13 had the player spotlight with in game models before games and that was cool since it always had current players apart of it no matter how many years into it you were.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Rookie

The Madden team has so many different assets for game intros and player intros and fan cut scenes from the past 8 years that they COULD make incredible AND varied introductions (I bet each team could easily have 8 variations each - which would get you through an entire season's worth of games - regular season anyway - without seeing the same on twice.

Would that be cool? I think so...
Will it actually happen? I am still laughing a little after typing that...
Old 08-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #8
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

I do agree with the year 1 features.

Now what could actually use all the new features this year and make a great depth to CFM, would be the game actually recording clips and adding to the intros and presentation models.

Say the first year uses all live footage, but after that it uses in game clips saved from games.

Like you're QB intro would show a few clips from previous seasons.

The pregame could have clips from where you played that team before, and if you haven't it just has clips from both teams previous games.

These two items could be added in the future and would add great eye candy to CFM players

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »