Home

Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier This Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier This Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #25
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier T...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope not. Eye candy is the worst.

Hopefully with the talk of this confidence and weekly prep coaches will play a role. If I had to guess though I'd say the best we'll see is offensive and defensive coordinators which will be a disappointment whether they have an affect or not.

And if you had coaching staffs that mattered it would make something like having a practice squad actually matter as well.

Small issue that I just thought of though..in all games seen so far..no sign of OC and/or DC on sideline..which kind of leads me to think no assistant coaches
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #26
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

in madden 25 his "real" overall rating is around the 80 range and in cfm his rating is almost 90 (89) so im hoping that 81 overall is the "real" number in cfm
Old 07-31-2014, 01:15 PM   #27
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Screenshot

Thank goodness. Very happy about this. Upgrading was a pain before

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I also think an XP slider that's adjusts the XP earned would be good and probably pretty simple to implement. This could be placed in the settings and adjusted on the fly.

Example:
Level 1= 25% (users that have issues with how easy it is to get XP)
Level 2 = 50%
Level 3 = 75%
Level 4 = 100% (users that want max XP)

I think a lot of issues that people have could be resolved with working gameplay sliders and more flexibility built into the settings area of the game. If the sliders worked and XP was adjustable and people could edit players completely at anytime it would nice.
Maybe a concept similar to NCAA's coach skill tree system, where you could set how slow/fast your coach progressed, could be implemented for the xp system. Being able to "slow" down how fast/much the user earns xp would come in handy if the cpu doesn't earn/utilizes xp properly, or for those players that feel the amount of xp earned causes players to progress too fast.

At any rate, not having to upgrade 1 point at a time was one of my must haves for CFM/franchise. I would like to see them modify the xp system a little further to only being able to utilize xp to upgrade attributes associated with earning it, but this is a step in the right direction.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier This

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope not. Eye candy is the worst.

Hopefully with the talk of this confidence and weekly prep coaches will play a role. If I had to guess though I'd say the best we'll see is offensive and defensive coordinators which will be a disappointment whether they have an affect or not.

And if you had coaching staffs that mattered it would make something like having a practice squad actually matter as well.
I just don't see how having a practice squad would matter if the only way to gain XP is playing time and drills. The idea of only being able to coach (train) a small % of your team each week is just bizarre to me. With this XP system you lose the surprise development of players like teams see from backups and practice squad players.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alichu
LOL where have you been the past two years?
Its the old "franchise mode" but even better with story lines etc....
better? are you sure?
Old 07-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #31
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Very happy about this, upgrading could take up to an hour with the hold system. Not to mention I do it by position, and it would always go back to "All" when I finished with a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 11:50 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier This

I didn't buy last years, but I'd imagine the process was similar to how it was in Madden 13. The way I did it was establish a set number of XP (I can't remember what the number was) and if a player had more than that, I'd spend em. If a player had less, I wouldn't worry about him (until of course he accumulated enough). It came out to upgrading 5-8 players a week, so it only took a few minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »