Home

Madden 15 - Base Align and Man Align?

This is a discussion on Madden 15 - Base Align and Man Align? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2014, 03:29 AM   #1
Rookie

Packers4U's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 15 - Base Align and Man Align?

Maybe it's late and I'm out of it, but in Madden 25 base align was pretty much the same thing as man align, right?

Looking at the above image, there seems to be a base align AND a man align command in Madden 15. What gives?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 04:11 AM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 15 - Base Align and Man Align?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers4U

Maybe it's late and I'm out of it, but in Madden 25 base align was pretty much the same thing as man align, right?

Looking at the above image, there seems to be a base align AND a man align command in Madden 15. What gives?
These were both in last year. Man align lines up guys if they're out of position in man-to-man on the guy they're covering. So if you have a safety covering a guy in the slot and you go to man align and he'll drop down and cover him near the line of scrimmage.

Base align just reverts to your base lineup of the defense. So say you're playing Cover 2 and the offense comes out in a twins formation. Last year at least your corners would both lineup on the receivers as to disguise man coverage but if you went to base align the corner would go back to the other side as if the offense was in a base formation.

That's how I remember it at least.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
These were both in last year. Man align lines up guys if they're out of position in man-to-man on the guy they're covering. So if you have a safety covering a guy in the slot and you go to man align and he'll drop down and cover him near the line of scrimmage.

Base align just reverts to your base lineup of the defense. So say you're playing Cover 2 and the offense comes out in a twins formation. Last year at least your corners would both lineup on the receivers as to disguise man coverage but if you went to base align the corner would go back to the other side as if the offense was in a base formation.

Yes you are correct. Thank you for clarifying.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Yep, "BASE align" lines your guys up in the base formation and "MAN align" lines your guys up in a man to man look. I think the man to man look is the default look, but sometimes it's better to line up in base formation, like if a guy likes to come out in twin wr formations then run to the opposite side since there is no outside contain from the cb there. Base align would keep that CB over there for outside containment.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

But does "man align" work properly?

I don't recall using it on a new console but for last gen I seem to remember an issue with man align. I could have a Safety in man coverage in a Cover 1 I believe, he'd be back deep like in a Cove 2, use man align and nothing happens. Maybe I'm mistaken and remembering this wrong but I don't think so. I think it worked well in the PS2/Xbox era but not last gen, does it work correctly on PS4/Xbox1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #6
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

I agree completely.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #7
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
But does "man align" work properly?

I don't recall using it on a new console but for last gen I seem to remember an issue with man align. I could have a Safety in man coverage in a Cover 1 I believe, he'd be back deep like in a Cove 2, use man align and nothing happens. Maybe I'm mistaken and remembering this wrong but I don't think so. I think it worked well in the PS2/Xbox era but not last gen, does it work correctly on PS4/Xbox1?
Yes it does work on PS4. Don't get it confused tho. The safety doesn't come down when he's in man to man every time. It depends on WHAT coverage is called and WHO he is covering. For example, if it's cover 1 and he's covering the HB or FB, he will not come down, but if it's a cover 0 blitz and he's covering the FB or HB, he will come down. Also, if the offense comes out in a balanced look (think singleback big formation) the safety will not come down as well.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Packers4U's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the clarification. Always nice to come here and get an intelligent response.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »