Home

Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rating

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rating within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #41
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
While I also enjoy taking a good crap on other people, one thing I want to throw out that the ratings being used aren't just calculated numbers and thrown into a game. Those numbers need to have meaning behind them. You can give guys low ratings, but how does that translate to the game. We see numbers, a 60 versus a 75.

To me, having a guy who is a 76-80 range should be what you would consider most NFL starters. The best in the league would be between 85-89 and those whom we would consider in the HOF level of talent would be 90+ and GOAT 95+.

I suppose a fair, though shallow, analogy would be comparing Celsius to Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit is a more accurate scale, but the difference between a couple degrees is hardly noticable, whereas Celsius is less accurate but shows a more noticeable difference between degrees. Note, when I'm saying Fahrenheit is more accurate, I'm referring to the fact that there are 180 degrees Fahrenheit between Freezing and boiling of water as opposed to 100 degrees in Celsius.
CM Hope has written up some reviews/results from some Madden 25 games utilizing the true-mean FBG Ratings. You can find them in the FBG thread to give you an idea. According to him, the edits seem to make the game play better overall. May want to read into those. They are in the latter pages of that thread.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #42
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rat

Def
LE
1 M Jackson 68 62-79
2 D Wolfe 70 66-80
3 davis 53 45-64

RE
1 D Ware 87 80-95
2 Q Smith 59 50-78

DT
1 Knighton 86 80-94
2 K Vickerson 75 69-81
3 S Williams 74 65-83
4 m Unerin 66 60-74
5 Fua 54 45-65
6 Austin 60 50-70

LOLB
1 V Miller 90 85-96
2 B Marshall 50 40-60
3 L Mccray 55 44-66

MLB
1 N Iring 64 60-73
Chaney 59 48-68
Fort 51 42-64
Nelson 46 40-69

ROLB
1 D Trevathan 80 68-91
2 S Johnson 72 64 -79
3 Burrow 58 48-70

CB
1 Tailb 89 82-96
2 C Harris 85 77- 93
3 Roby 70 60-87
4 K Westber 67 57-77
5 T Carter 60 50-68
6 Murphy 49 40-60

FS
1 R Moore 75 65-83
2 bruton 61 52-72
bolden 56 45-65

SS
1 T J Ward 84 76-92
2Ihenacho 68 58-78
3 Carter 67 60-75
Hagg 50 42-58

K Prater 86 80-95
p Colquitt 78 70-89

LS Also a TE A brewer 50 46-54
Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #43
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by William85
After skimming over a few of the FBG ratings , someone will have to explain to me how Drew Brees gets "adjusted" to 90 but Manning and Brady are 98 ? While you are at it , how is Ray Rice even on the same planet as AP?
Funny you ask about Brees. I just replied to an email today about that. Here is part of that email response:

"Madden rates players based upon abilities, not production. Although Brees has very high production, his individual abilities are not that impressive, according to the scouting data provided. On the 5.0 point scale, Brees' arm strength measured in at only 2.4, the same grade as Peyton Manning. Look at his other attributes though. He graded very highly in AWR and SAC. His agility is also very good for a QB. Please try to keep in mind that like Madden, we have to rates players based on individual abilities and traits. Production is a huge misnomer as it is the results of an infinite number of possibilities executed on any particular play. We also explain this in the FAQ section."

The simple answer is that Manning and Brady graded out better than Brees. Keep in mind that Madden uses TRAITS to rate players, not production. There is not a "5000+ yard passer" rating. Instead, we must rate the player's individual attributes, that when are compiled and added together, create the player as a whole. Often times people overlook how the attributes work TOGETHER and get hung up on a few attributes being "incorrect" in their opinion.

I also addressed the Ray Rice issue in another thread recently:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046342235

Another user also addressed it in the same thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046360844
NFL Scout

Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #44
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
THAT is more like it! Here are the top 10 in FBG's system with the equal-interval approach utilized (max set to 99, minimum to 12 - the lowest OVR possible).

1. Calvin Johnson 97
2. Tamba Hali 97
3. Peyton Manning 96
4. Tom Brady 94
5. Aaron Rodgers 92
6. Larry Fitzgerald 91
7. Richard Sherman 89
8. Joe Thomas 87
9. Adrian Peterson 84
10. Robert Quinn 84

As you can see, not very many over 90. Yet, according to the data, it is the most realistic way to rate the players. Unfortunately, Madden doesn't agree.
So do you think FIFA is using this more realistic way to rate players? Do you have any experience with that.

And the thing is the overall number shouldn't matter if the players still rank by their talent level which they will. You will still able to brag about your rating if yours is 84 and the no one else on your team is higher than you. People can get use to lower numbers, no way that holds them back.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 07-19-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #45
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Could be an NFL-mandated thing that the best active players in the league are rated at 99. Doesn't the NBA mandate that no player in NBA2K have a rating below 50 in any category?

In any event, I'm hoping like hell that CFM gets either A - full draft class editing (ideal) or B - full player editing in the annual "Start Season" step (minimum required functionality, players have no weekly / season goals until after this step so editing ratings here would have no affect on any progression logic) so that these ratings can be fully used in CFM. I figure that potentially weird contracts can be worked around in a few different means once the ratings are actually in place within the mode.
Yeah we need full editing capabilities until EA decides to do it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #46
Rookie

breakinggood's Arena

OVR: 0

I miss the ratings release they did for Madden 12, partnered with ESPN. They would release division ratings once a week.. now all we get is 5 of the top rated guys in the game or at one position. I'd rather just see whole team ratings and go from there.. but eh, not that serious.. just wish they would bring them out sooner to hold the fans over. Next month is when people start getting the Madden itch.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:28 AM   #47
Rookie

William85's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Funny you ask about Brees. I just replied to an email today about that. Here is part of that email response:

"Madden rates players based upon abilities, not production. Although Brees has very high production, his individual abilities are not that impressive, according to the scouting data provided. On the 5.0 point scale, Brees' arm strength measured in at only 2.4, the same grade as Peyton Manning. Look at his other attributes though. He graded very highly in AWR and SAC. His agility is also very good for a QB. Please try to keep in mind that like Madden, we have to rates players based on individual abilities and traits. Production is a huge misnomer as it is the results of an infinite number of possibilities executed on any particular play. We also explain this in the FAQ section."

The simple answer is that Manning and Brady graded out better than Brees. Keep in mind that Madden uses TRAITS to rate players, not production. There is not a "5000+ yard passer" rating. Instead, we must rate the player's individual attributes, that when are compiled and added together, create the player as a whole. Often times people overlook how the attributes work TOGETHER and get hung up on a few attributes being "incorrect" in their opinion.

I also addressed the Ray Rice issue in another thread recently:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046342235

Another user also addressed it in the same thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046360844
Ok, I can understand Manning and Brady grading out higher than Brees , but 8 pts ?
Old 07-20-2014, 01:46 AM   #48
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by William85
Ok, I can understand Manning and Brady grading out higher than Brees , but 8 pts ?
Hey man, I don't create the data. I just convert it into Madden ratings. Sounds like your argument may be better suited for the scouting department that provides me with the data.
NFL Scout

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »