Home

Playbooks - custom & standard

This is a discussion on Playbooks - custom & standard within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Playbooks - custom & standard

I made 2 custom playbooks so far. One for defense and one for offense...I used the 3-4 defense as my base and the Pistol.

In the pistol playbook I took out a few of the pistol sets and replaced them with shotgun sets...What I have now when I play a game is all my shotgun plays are listed under "hail mary."

Also, I have one hail mary play listed, that I can find in the playbook editor, which is from the shotgun spread set, and is named "hail mary." I cannot delete the play even though I replaced the play from my gameplan after replacing it with a different shotgun play.

In my Madden profile I have the playbooks set to "team specific" so when I go into "play now" I have to pick my custom playbooks manually...But what happens is, the other team's playbooks are replaced with my custom playbooks too...If I change my playbook to any of the standard playbooks the other team's playbooks stay as the team specific playbooks as expected.

In another twist: If I change playbooks from my team specific set to any other team's set of playbooks, the opponents playbooks stay as their team specific playbooks, but when I look at my own team's playbooks again, they have reverted back to the team specific books....

The reverting back to team specific playbooks doesn't happen when I use custom playbooks and recheck my user team playbooks; but I am then stuck with playing my opponent who is using my custom books...

Anyone else witness either of these issues, and if so, have any ideas if there is a fix for these issues?

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-29-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Playbooks - custom & standard

Also, if I select from custom playbooks under "game options" in the Madden Profile, exit the game options and then return to the game options menu, it reverts the playbooks back to "team specific" in the game options screen, but when selecting any other playbooks they remain as such in the game menu; another issue here is in a "play now" game, if I had chosen, for example, the "steelers" playbooks in the "game options" menu both teams will be using the steelers playbooks when I enter a "play now" game and look at each teams' playbooks....

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-29-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Also, if I select from custom playbooks under "game options" in the Madden Profile, exit the game options and then return to the game options menu, it reverts the playbooks back to "team specific" in the game options screen, but when selecting any other playbooks they remain as such in the game menu; another issue here is in a "play now" game, if I had chosen, for example, the "steelers" playbooks in the "game options" menu both teams will be using the steelers playbooks when I enter a "play now" game and look at each teams' playbooks....
I did notice that. Is this on the xb1?

There is some funky ish going to with the cpb's, i initially wrote it off, however now that you are mentioning it, i think ill just use my teams pb, i actually have a unique fondness for it anyhow.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I did notice that. Is this on the xb1?

There is some funky ish going to with the cpb's, i initially wrote it off, however now that you are mentioning it, i think ill just use my teams pb, i actually have a unique fondness for it anyhow.
Yes, this is on the xbox 1....Am curious if it is cross platform issue...Hope it is something EA/Tiburon is aware of and trying to patch..Not keeping my hopes up though.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

custom playbooks have been borked in every game they've been in including NCAA.. it's "custom" although you can't pick where the plays/formations show up in the playbook which the entire f'n point imo.. I absolutely HATE that my defensive playbook in game goes Quarter, Base 4-3, Dollar, Goalline, Nickel, Dime or something stupid like that, completely out of order and unorganized
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
custom playbooks have been borked in every game they've been in including NCAA.. it's "custom" although you can't pick where the plays/formations show up in the playbook which the entire f'n point imo.. I absolutely HATE that my defensive playbook in game goes Quarter, Base 4-3, Dollar, Goalline, Nickel, Dime or something stupid like that, completely out of order and unorganized
Agree 100% that is so frustrating..I just cannot believe the lack of quality within these games...
Old 11-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

It's just pistol because it didn't have shotgun to begin with. Use another Playbook and it'll work, I know because I did the same thing.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #8
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

thank you for the info...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »