Home

Did EA/Tiburon stumble into another generation?

This is a discussion on Did EA/Tiburon stumble into another generation? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Did EA/Tiburon stumble into another generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Certainly you will understand If I leave some names and exact dates out of this, but hopefully this gives you some insight.

The gamechanger program has never, not even at the conception phase, been about making a better product. The entire game changer program was initially pitched as a program that could have far reaching positive effects on social media.

For quite awhile, EA had employed some previous QA testers, IE...pretty much minimum wage job to fans, to create forum accounts across the internet and basically run crowd control on all the negativity. This is what lead to the Gamechanger program.

What better way to run damage control than to allow select high visible posters from main stream sites access to their favorite game during the development process. Bring people in to meet the team, get tours of the studios, free products, early access, couple of times had the opportunity to meet some professional athletes, free hotel and airfare to Orlando etc. In return, you build loyalty and are given a rare opportunity to live out your passion.

I would disagree with you that the Gamechanger program has "failed" against Tiburon, and quite honestly has done everything they wanted. There are a few passionate gamechangers that want to bring ideas to the table and they don't last long. If you criticize or critique a game, it very well could be your last time down there.

There is a poster on this forum that has submitted multiple apps to be a gamechanger and copys / pastes his posts in direct IMs to other developers to demonstrate just how much he can do for them. This is the culture it has created. While he will defend Madden tooth and nail, he is only doing it because he wants the perks associated as a gamechanger, not because he really wants to be part of a better product.

At the end of the day, Gamechangers are not about bringing a better product, they are only there to be a cheap marketing tool , to deflect any criticism, and to hype the product up prior to release. Don't take my word for it, look at previous history.

Prior to every release since Community days / Gamechangers, you cant get rid of them pre-release. They come down to Orlando, spend a few days with the team and play maybe a combined total of 4-5 games and hit social media when they return. It generates hype and hysteria. As soon as the game is released you find out that they were just excited to be part of an experience, and hyped up the game for the sole purpose of personal gain. Being able to have access to pre-release footage, videos, insights etc, and being able to monetize those tools via social media, has created an environment to where the gamechangers look out for themselves for the most part, not those that they are supposed to represent.

How many times have you seen Gamechangers post prior to release and then disappear from the map post release?

And to the question about what has come from their site? Not much. Everything that Tiburon could ever want to know can be found on any of the numerous sports game sites, but I can tell you one of the most notable changes that came from a thread from OS!

For years the company followed the thread of the When , where , and how did you get it thread. The initial thought process was to find out what companies were breaking street dates and fine them, however. One clever guy thought outside the box and asked if there was a way they could capitalize financially off of this trend, as there seemed to be a large demand for it, as they noticed people would even drive out of state to get the game a few days early.

Thus Season Pass was born!!
So basically it is everything I said it was for the past 2 years on OS. But lord have mercy how many OSers kept dismissing it and was saying I didn't know what I was talking about and that I was just hating.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #34
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Its cause you are old. Came across as "get off my lawn!"

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I think if someone uses the term "*****" they are auditioning to be a game changer. Seems to happen in the nba live forums quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #36
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Certainly you will understand If I leave some names and exact dates out of this, but hopefully this gives you some insight.

The gamechanger program has never, not even at the conception phase, been about making a better product. The entire game changer program was initially pitched as a program that could have far reaching positive effects on social media.

For quite awhile, EA had employed some previous QA testers, IE...pretty much minimum wage job to fans, to create forum accounts across the internet and basically run crowd control on all the negativity. This is what lead to the Gamechanger program.

What better way to run damage control than to allow select high visible posters from main stream sites access to their favorite game during the development process. Bring people in to meet the team, get tours of the studios, free products, early access, couple of times had the opportunity to meet some professional athletes, free hotel and airfare to Orlando etc. In return, you build loyalty and are given a rare opportunity to live out your passion.

I would disagree with you that the Gamechanger program has "failed" against Tiburon, and quite honestly has done everything they wanted. There are a few passionate gamechangers that want to bring ideas to the table and they don't last long. If you criticize or critique a game, it very well could be your last time down there.

There is a poster on this forum that has submitted multiple apps to be a gamechanger and copys / pastes his posts in direct IMs to other developers to demonstrate just how much he can do for them. This is the culture it has created. While he will defend Madden tooth and nail, he is only doing it because he wants the perks associated as a gamechanger, not because he really wants to be part of a better product.

At the end of the day, Gamechangers are not about bringing a better product, they are only there to be a cheap marketing tool , to deflect any criticism, and to hype the product up prior to release. Don't take my word for it, look at previous history.

Prior to every release since Community days / Gamechangers, you cant get rid of them pre-release. They come down to Orlando, spend a few days with the team and play maybe a combined total of 4-5 games and hit social media when they return. It generates hype and hysteria. As soon as the game is released you find out that they were just excited to be part of an experience, and hyped up the game for the sole purpose of personal gain. Being able to have access to pre-release footage, videos, insights etc, and being able to monetize those tools via social media, has created an environment to where the gamechangers look out for themselves for the most part, not those that they are supposed to represent.

How many times have you seen Gamechangers post prior to release and then disappear from the map post release?

And to the question about what has come from their site? Not much. Everything that Tiburon could ever want to know can be found on any of the numerous sports game sites, but I can tell you one of the most notable changes that came from a thread from OS!

For years the company followed the thread of the When , where , and how did you get it thread. The initial thought process was to find out what companies were breaking street dates and fine them, however. One clever guy thought outside the box and asked if there was a way they could capitalize financially off of this trend, as there seemed to be a large demand for it, as they noticed people would even drive out of state to get the game a few days early.

Had to quote this post again. Everyone needs to read this and everyone needs to stop buying this game and making excuses. It is simply time for a development change as the current team and most over the past 8 yrs have been over their heads with this game. Only way that changes is if people threaten EAs profits for this game. Till that happens, expect another 8 yrs of failed expectations.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 11-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #37
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Mind blown. Fantastic post. Welp, might as well pack up any hope for the future. I'll just get my football video game fix like I've been doing, posting here, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 11-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #38
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzbro
All you have to do is look at the work the 2K team has put in and compare that to what we're getting with Madden (and probably Live as well). The difference is night & day, and clearly shows a difference in talent/effort - whatever it may be.

Gone are the excuses of disk space, time management/resources (billion dollar companies have this problem?), "we're looking into it/sometime in the future," etc. People want a truly great game - it's totally obvious that it's possible looking at other releases, yet EA/Tiburon keep pumping out a mediocre product.

EA stumbled jumping from PS2/Xbox to PS3/360, but from this gen to X1/PS4? How do you trip when you don't even try moving forward?
EXACTLY! And we catch flak for getting annoyed with EA for this. Its mind boggling to me beause i would care less if i had another NFL game to choose from..
Old 11-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #39
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Agreed, Sage. Instead of going with a fresh gameplay experience featuring all the modes and off-field depth of current-gen, they go to another extreme and put together a product nearly indistinguishable from the current gen product.

I'm not expecting a graphical, gameplay and feature leap on the level of Madden 2001 on PS2, but some kind of happy medium between "last-gen" and "next-gen" gameplay would have been a lot more appealing to many around here. Instead, it seems we received, literally, the other extreme from Madden 06 on 360 --- an upconverted, seemingly enhanced current-gen port.

With that being said I'm cautiously optimistic for next-gen Madden 15 as long as EA doesn't feel the need to endlessly scrap potentially solid foundations instead of improving on them.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #40
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

It all makes sense now my friend. And this is all i needed to hear. Thank u.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »