Home

New Madden NFL 25 Blogs Detail Commentary, Living Worlds

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 25 Blogs Detail Commentary, Living Worlds within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: New Madden NFL 25 Blogs Detail Commentary, Living Worlds

what concerns me is they haven't addressed the actual NOISE of the crowd, just their 3d models. seeing as how they were already 3d since madden 06, it's just redundant.

TBH, who ever really looks at the crowd? the camera is usually so far away, you can't really appreciate their fine details. they could be sprites for all i care, as long as they animate. nfl 2k4 was already doing this. "crowd stands in anticipation for the deep pass", see it all the time in 2k4.

now, it would be nice if they had more context, and more animations than just there are just in their seats. like, leaving early during a blowout, leaving and coming back between halves, etc. that would be cool. i forget which madden it was, but i could have sworn the fans would leave in the 4th if you were getting killed.

but to me, the most important thing with the crowd is the noise, that's the one thing you notice all the time. they used to have the context down in the old gen maddens, just not the actual sound. it sounded computer generated. 2k5 started having good crowd sounds, but sometimes they were a little late getting into the noise. like, a handoff to the runningback and he would run untouched for a 50 yard touchdown, but they wouldn't recognize the big play until he crossed the goal line or broke a tackle.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
what concerns me is they haven't addressed the actual NOISE of the crowd, just their 3d models. seeing as how they were already 3d since madden 06, it's just redundant.

TBH, who ever really looks at the crowd? the camera is usually so far away, you can't really appreciate their fine details. they could be sprites for all i care, as long as they animate. nfl 2k4 was already doing this. "crowd stands in anticipation for the deep pass", see it all the time in 2k4.

now, it would be nice if they had more context, and more animations than just there are just in their seats. like, leaving early during a blowout, leaving and coming back between halves, etc. that would be cool. i forget which madden it was, but i could have sworn the fans would leave in the 4th if you were getting killed.

but to me, the most important thing with the crowd is the noise, that's the one thing you notice all the time. they used to have the context down in the old gen maddens, just not the actual sound. it sounded computer generated. 2k5 started having good crowd sounds, but sometimes they were a little late getting into the noise. like, a handoff to the runningback and he would run untouched for a 50 yard touchdown, but they wouldn't recognize the big play until he crossed the goal line or broke a tackle.
Actually, the Living World blog did address crowd noises. The crowd will swell with long passes and key critical 3rd down stops for your defense.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, the Living World blog did address crowd noises. The crowd will swell with long passes and key critical 3rd down stops for your defense.
i'll believe it when i hear it.

every year its "DERP MORE FOCUS ON THE CROWD AND COMMENTARY... HERP DERP 28 MORE MICROPHONES... PARTNERED WITH NFL FILMS HERP" and it always sounds just as bad. they just add new equally robotic and synthesized crowd chants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
i'll believe it when i hear it.

every year its "DERP MORE FOCUS ON THE CROWD AND COMMENTARY... HERP DERP 28 MORE MICROPHONES... PARTNERED WITH NFL FILMS HERP" and it always sounds just as bad. they just add new equally robotic and synthesized crowd chants.
Don't try to kill the messenger, just trying to help.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-trailer.html
Old 11-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #37
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Crowd definitely is "something new" every year and always seems to disappoint, I don't think they realize how loud gamers want it. I want to have to turn it DOWN, not automatically max it out.

Hopefully it delivers! Can't wait to find out

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Raven00Effect
Crowd is still mega generic. just looking at that picture I spotted the same guy more than 10 times. Madden already fooled me once this year, I'm not getting fooled again by their promise of improvements.
Ten times? Used to be fifteen. Baby steps...

Last edited by Segagendude; 11-11-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Ten times? Used to be five. Baby steps...
This doesn't make sense.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #40
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

The crowd will probably be a nice extra as far as bringing the player into teh game, but what I like out of the living world is the sideline details with coaches/staff, players, camera people and the chain gang...

The previous very low graphic quality sidelines did take away from the "feel" of the game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »