Home

Franchise Decision: Who to Play at QB in AFC Championship?

This is a discussion on Franchise Decision: Who to Play at QB in AFC Championship? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2024, 11:58 PM   #1
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

OVR: 4
Franchise Decision: Who to Play at QB in AFC Championship?

I am playing as the Jets, I'm in the 4th season of a franchise. I drafted a QB (Robby Norwell, San Diego St.) with the 30th pick in the 1st round in 2025. I let him sit for a year behind Rodgers. In his first year as a starter he put up 4100 yards, 31 TD and 15 INT. Had a rocky start but came on strong mid-season. He's a good scrambler too. He's an 85 rating already and is definitely my franchise QB.

THE INJURY

BUT...he got injured halfway through week 16. My backup is Jake Browning. Browning started the final 2 games of the season and lost both. Going into week 17 I was in a 3 way tie for first place in the AFC East but ended up with the 7th seed.

ROUND 1 VS CLEVELAND

I play the Browns (13-4) in Cleveland. My defense steps up big time, Browning does his best Trent Dilfer impersonation and throws for 215 yards on 58% with 1 TD, 0 INT and some scrambling conversions on 3rd down. Breece Hall led the way with 140 yards. I somehow win 30-17.

ROUND 2 VS KANSAS CITY

I'm playing in KC (15-2) against Mahomes. I figure I'm toast. I go down 7-0 early but my defense gets some turnovers and I'm leading at the half. Holy cow I might have a chance at this game.

Fast forward to late in the 4th quarter after a bit of back and forth and I'm up 3 with a 1st and goal and I can't convert. I kick the FG even though I really wanted to go for it. Being up by 6 with 4 minutes left against Mahomes isn't good enough, right? Right. He torches me for the go-ahead TD with 1:15 left. I have all 3 time outs.

Jake Browning leads me down the field and then Breece Hall takes over and gets me to the 19 with 3 seconds left. I attempt a 36 yarder and...it's good! I just beat Mahomes 30-28 in KC with a backup QB. Browning goes for 258 yards on 65% with 1 TD and 0 INT.

THE DILEMMA

Now I'm in the AFC Championship and my starting QB is back. Do I start Norwell or continue with Browning?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2024, 03:05 PM   #2
Rookie

ShadowsAndDust's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Decision: Who to Play at QB in AFC Championship?

I'd go with Narwhal, I mean Norwell.
Old 08-25-2024, 03:13 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Norwell. If I were a real coach, my starter comes back in.
Old 08-26-2024, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

I was leaning Norwell. Haven’t had a chance to play but may play tonight.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

Norwell was down 13 with 5 minutes left. He rushed for a TD and then I made a defensive stop with 1:51 and 2 timeouts left. Bills punted and stuck me at the 1. He converted a 4th and 3 from my own 8 yard line and then went down the field for a Breece Hall TD with 29 seconds left.

I won 24-23. On to play the Packers in the Super Bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »