Home

How's the online H2H?

This is a discussion on How's the online H2H? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2024, 11:38 AM   #1
MVP

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
How's the online H2H?

I'm still on the 10hr trial, about 4 hours left.

I spent the first 5ish hours playing All-Pro CPU, learning the mechanics, and, short version, I don't think I'm impressed enough to warrant shelling out $70 for the single-player side.

So, earlier this morning, I jumped into the online H2H side for a bit, played two games, and won them both because my opponents quit, and one of those was the infamous 'on-my-first-possession-i-go-for-it-on-4th-&-1-deep-in-my-own-territory-then-fail-to-convert-so-i-quit'. I love those.

However, in spite of that crap, which is unavoidable, I'm curious to know if the mode itself is less buggy than the single player. Those who have put a bunch of time into online H2H, opponent behavior notwithstanding, how is it? Does the same crap like the busted no-huddle clock exist there, too? Warping players? Scoring glitches?

If the mode is at least solid and relatively bug-free, I might buy the game just for that. Humans will at least be less predictable than the CPU, even if also less emotionally stable. But if it carries over the same gameplay issues as single-player, I'll just move on.

I'll keep playing the trial, but might not get the whole picture in this limited time.

Last edited by ChiTownKid; 08-19-2024 at 11:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2024, 12:54 PM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How's the online H2H?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
I'm still on the 10hr trial, about 4 hours left.

I spent the first 5ish hours playing All-Pro CPU, learning the mechanics, and, short version, I don't think I'm impressed enough to warrant shelling out $70 for the single-player side.

So, earlier this morning, I jumped into the online H2H side for a bit, played two games, and won them both because my opponents quit, and one of those was the infamous 'on-my-first-possession-i-go-for-it-on-4th-&-1-deep-in-my-own-territory-then-fail-to-convert-so-i-quit'. I love those.

However, in spite of that crap, which is unavoidable, I'm curious to know if the mode itself is less buggy than the single player. Those who have put a bunch of time into online H2H, opponent behavior notwithstanding, how is it? Does the same crap like the busted no-huddle clock exist there, too? Warping players? Scoring glitches?

If the mode is at least solid and relatively bug-free, I might buy the game just for that. Humans will at least be less predictable than the CPU, even if also less emotionally stable. But if it carries over the same gameplay issues as single-player, I'll just move on.

I'll keep playing the trial, but might not get the whole picture in this limited time.
My experience with online head to head games in Madden 25 is it's the worst it's been in years. The reason , the ridiculously over powered hit stick. Every play your opponent will hit stick , it's a joke , it's not football. EA blew it big time with this one.

I'm a big time online player , in the past I played a ton of MUT online games. This year I can't stand to play it's so unrealistic. Every play "Wham" hit stick player loses all his energy or fumbles. How many NFL games have you seen this happen? I'll tell you , ZERO.
Old 08-19-2024, 03:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

it sucks. why fix when its not broken.. you cant see opponents record.. you cant even see your own record.
Old 08-19-2024, 04:58 PM   #4
Rookie

John_2400's Arena

Offensive party defense horrible.
Old 08-21-2024, 11:12 AM   #5
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

Online H2H is pretty terrible. Removing the ability to view your record, stats, opponents record, etc is a terrible idea. Literally, what's the point of playing H2H?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2024, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilk5280
Online H2H is pretty terrible. Removing the ability to view your record, stats, opponents record, etc is a terrible idea. Literally, what's the point of playing H2H?
WTH, right? Why would they get rid of all that? Now there's some point system that I don't understand. I don't even know how to see my numerical ranking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_2400
Its basically touchdown or occasionally an interception on every drive. I'll see a punt once every 3 or 4 games. As a result, I feel like i have to score on EVERY drive. 4th & 15, gotta go for it because I can't stop the other team anyway.
Old 08-22-2024, 11:03 AM   #7
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_2400
This has almost been forever though tbf. Even madden 05 and addition to defensive hot routes,the defense is always at the mercy of the offense. Man coverage has always been terrible, zones are as bad, pursuit angles are horrific.
Old 08-23-2024, 04:01 AM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

The defense is in a rough spot so it is mostly shootouts if your opponent is halfway decent, but from a strict gameplay sense I'm still having a good time playing online and will for sure enjoy running an online franchise. There's enough playbook creativity that while you can run a couple concepts and win, I've had fun trying to dig into my bag and showcase a lot of the new stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »