Home

How Come Madden 25 Received The Short End of the Stick With Visual Presentation?

This is a discussion on How Come Madden 25 Received The Short End of the Stick With Visual Presentation? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2024, 10:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How Come Madden 25 Received The Short End of the Stick With Visual Presentation?

Was very excited (like many) when EA dropped preview trailers of the presentation in CFB 25 and gave us the motto, "because every school in the game is someone's favorite". It harkens back to the amazing times at EA in the 90's when "if it's in the game, it's in the game". I was thrilled not so much for the return of college football, but that it should mean Madden would step up its product and finally give us a heightened gameday experience with different shots of crazy fans in the stands and players leaping into the stands after a TD and detailed stat lines from big plays. All of which were in the game just two years ago.

It didn't happen in Madden 25. There have been advancements in the audio presentation, no doubt, but what I mentioned above regarding presentation should be bare bone basics that are enhanced each year, not shelved. Just one of the reasons why people get so frustrated with EA because year after year Madden feels incomplete and each year it seems a step forward in one area, while two steps back in another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2024, 10:17 PM   #2
Banned

young22's Arena

Re: How Come Madden 25 Received The Short End of the Stick With Visual Presentation?

Didn’t happen in CFB either. Presentation in that game is pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2024, 11:51 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: How Come Madden 25 Received The Short End of the Stick With Visual Presentation?

To be honest I kind of disagree with this.

The presentation in the two games is extremely different … but a lot of the “good” stuff in CFB25 is extremely repetitive and/or shared between multiple teams.

Things like cheerleader shots and crowd shots are nice but again, very repetitive.

On the other hand in Madden I find the post play production and animations to be much more varied and unique per player, team, etc. There are pre game intros that are just as repetive as CFB so that’s a wash … crowd shots would be nice but that’s about all I can think of that’s really missing or worse in Madden.
Old 08-18-2024, 12:02 PM   #4
MVP

The replays after every play along with constant stat overlays in CFB is a huge game changer when it comes to presentation. I absolutely LOVE it. Sorely missing from Madden.
Old 08-19-2024, 03:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
The replays after every play along with constant stat overlays in CFB is a huge game changer when it comes to presentation. I absolutely LOVE it. Sorely missing from Madden.
Agree with this 100 percent. Seeing your replay in the play calling window along with stats and assorted info is painful to lose when playing Madden. I don't love the repetitive close ups of the crowds but it's hard to go back to not having all that goodness in the play calling screen. I don't recall seeing hardly any stat overlays and very few replays in madden, its almost jarring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2024, 09:22 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
Agree with this 100 percent. Seeing your replay in the play calling window along with stats and assorted info is painful to lose when playing Madden. I don't love the repetitive close ups of the crowds but it's hard to go back to not having all that goodness in the play calling screen. I don't recall seeing hardly any stat overlays and very few replays in madden, its almost jarring.
We'll need to invent a new word to describe the loss lol, I don't think there's a word that exists to describe it honestly! Booted up a game of Madden yesterday and was severely disappointed after seeing maybe one replay out of 10 plays, and didn't really like disrupting the flow of the game by pressing pause and clicking on replay every time. I also found myself constantly searching the screen after each play looking for stats which rarely popped up.

Definitely makes a big difference and I'm surprised the Madden dev team didn't integrate this or something similar, as it nearly takes care of more than half of the presentation issues that people have been wishing for. CFB absolutely NAILED this part of presentation, especially the replays (non stop from different angles mind you lol,) after nearly every down. Exactly what a broadcast presentation does, and is a very important part of the visual aspect while sitting at home (not sure if the same thing is done at live games in the stadium). There's a reason for the constant visual feedback (because the energy of the live game isn't present).

I read in a recent thread (not sure which one) that the overlays increase as the season goes along? I don't want to say I don't believe it lol, but I'm a bit skeptical if we get anything similar to CFB. If this is true, can someone reach out to the devs to turn this on from preseason game 1 please?

I knew there was an issue when I found myself saying "AYE, can I get a replay for that please and thank you, no? ok" (press pause, click, rotate camera to best view, zoom out, hold slo mo) lol. Ridiculous, come on now gents, lets right this ship!

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 08-22-2024 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-22-2024, 10:30 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I enjoy CFB way more than M25... but M25 has significantly better graphics and presentation in every way besides stadium atmosphere.
Old 08-22-2024, 10:54 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

If they add a slider to increase stat overlays and replay frequency I would be ok. I would like a replay on most plays and just lather me in overlays. I actually like the blurred crowd in Madden more than the weird fan cut scenes in CF25 but that play calling screen with replays and stats is brilliant and sorely missing in madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »