Home

When are Retirements Set?

This is a discussion on When are Retirements Set? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-21-2024, 04:38 PM   #1
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
When are Retirements Set?

Looking to start a new CFM based off real life. I would like to use Start Now but obviously since we didn't get many updates to it, my only options are to start at the Super Bowl, Wild Card Weekend or Week 10. I know retirements were set the last week of the regular season so you had to adjust player ages prior to the end of the regular season.

With Madden 24, am I safe starting at the Wild Card Round and editing ages from there or do I have to start at Week 10 and edit ages prior to the end of the regular season? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2024, 10:41 PM   #2

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: When are Retirements Set?

I just edited ages of Aaron Rodgers and Trent Williams before advancing to the offseason and neither retired. Prior to that I had tested it and they both retired so either a total coincidence or it worked editing their ages after the regular season had ended.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2024, 11:07 PM   #3
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Looking to start a new CFM based off real life. I would like to use Start Now but obviously since we didn't get many updates to it, my only options are to start at the Super Bowl, Wild Card Weekend or Week 10. I know retirements were set the last week of the regular season so you had to adjust player ages prior to the end of the regular season.

With Madden 24, am I safe starting at the Wild Card Round and editing ages from there or do I have to start at Week 10 and edit ages prior to the end of the regular season? Thanks.

my guess is u would need to edit age or raise whoever u want to keep 99 that said madden should made clear what goes in to that

and madden shouild let us choose who we want to delete off the roster after the last preseason game
Old 04-23-2024, 12:26 PM   #4
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I just edited ages of Aaron Rodgers and Trent Williams before advancing to the offseason and neither retired. Prior to that I had tested it and they both retired so either a total coincidence or it worked editing their ages after the regular season had ended.

So I'm good starting at the Wild Card Round then? If so, that's great cause I was worried I'd have to simulate from Week 10 to the Super Bowl. Just wish they give us the ability to override player and coach retirements.
Old 04-23-2024, 07:05 PM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
So I'm good starting at the Wild Card Round then? If so, that's great cause I was worried I'd have to simulate from Week 10 to the Super Bowl. Just wish they give us the ability to override player and coach retirements.
All I can say is I adjusted ages the week before the Super Bowl and just went to the offseason and the players that had retired when I was testing it did not retire once I adjusted their age. I only did it for Trent Williams and Rodgers as both had retired originally, this time neither did.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2024, 07:34 PM   #6
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
All I can say is I adjusted ages the week before the Super Bowl and just went to the offseason and the players that had retired when I was testing it did not retire once I adjusted their age. I only did it for Trent Williams and Rodgers as both had retired originally, this time neither did.

Thank You, that's the information I needed. Hopefully retirements will be handled much better in the future, and apply it to coaches too so we can stop Andy Reid from retiring every year, especially since he just signed a 6 year extension.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »