Home

EA let us down with title updates this year

This is a discussion on EA let us down with title updates this year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-16-2024, 06:07 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA let us down with title updates this year

I personally thought it was to many updates this year, I thought the game coming out of the BETA was the best it has been in years.

Sure the loop blitz was a pain but was blockable, I just think sometimes they listen to much to the community to early before they gave time for people to figure things out.

IMO it’s still a good game but the updates has made it regress over this game cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-16-2024, 08:46 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I do wonder that since it seems like it has been confirmed that EA CFB 25 is going to be current gen only, that if Madden and EA FC is going to transition to current gen only as well. If that's the case, I wonder if Madden has put more resources towards the transition to current gen only.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:23 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do wonder that since it seems like it has been confirmed that EA CFB 25 is going to be current gen only, that if Madden and EA FC is going to transition to current gen only as well. If that's the case, I wonder if Madden has put more resources towards the transition to current gen only.

I hope so!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 09:53 AM   #12
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

So I take it not buying Madden for 2 years, I haven't missed much and saved money.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:20 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren_playa
I hope so!!!

I mean, if CFB is going current gen only right off the bat, then I don't see Madden and EA FC staying cross gen. I was actually surprised that would be the case for CFB when that rumor was started a couple years ago. I felt like EA would want to maximize sales for the first game back for EA CFB. Going current gen only for EA CFB has to show confidence that they feel EA CFB can sell well, while not being held back by last gen. I feel the main reason to stay cross gen at this point is to maximize sales. Madden and EA FC are games that don't need to "maximize sales". EA FC will still sell close to or over 10M copies and Madden will still do well in the revenue department. We're at the point of the current gen that we see most of the games leaving last gen behind. I get MLB the Show, WWE 2k, and Top Spin 2k being cross gen because those are games that need to maximize sales.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:43 PM   #14
Pro

"Letting me down" has everything to do with expectations. If I lend my deadbeat uncle $10 for the 3rd time when he has yet to pay me back, it is pretty foolish for me to be "let down" by him not paying me back on the 4th time. I have 0 expectations that he will pay me back.

The same applies to Madden. You all know what you're getting. Your issue is that you go into every single edition of Madden hoping that *this* year will give you your video football utopia. And when it doesn't... you're "let down" again.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... "but it is the only football game out there." Hey, I get it.... that's why I come back every year. The difference is that my expectations are low while you guys--for reasons only known to God--think that this time, you'll get your $10 back.

Look at the bright side... in just three months, we'll start to see the Madden 25 Deep Dives and you all will have something to be excited about.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:12 AM   #15
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I don't see Madden and EA FC staying cross gen.
EA has a long history of old gen support for the FIFA series. They were still releasing a PS3 version of it in 2018.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2024, 08:15 AM   #16
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

I mean they couldn't even be bothered to fix the pass/run play call ratios in games... but I'm sure "improved CPU logic" will be a selling point for next years game.

I'm a broken record but at this point if you are looking for a football game you can play year round that justifies spending the $ you should invest in PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »