Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-17-2024, 01:56 PM   #401
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
AI Passes 75% of the Time

Yeah the options we have are:

1. Deal with it (where I am)

2. PTM

3. Quit

This definitely has made me super weary of even getting CFB. I’m in wait and see mode. It seems like there is always something

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2024, 02:39 PM   #402
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

There is one thing that EA could do that would fix this problem:
Allow us to easily assign custom playbooks to CPU teams in Franchise mode.
Boom... problem solved!

Not only could we solve the problem of run/pass ratio, but we could also make teams play how we want them to. Also, custom defensive playbooks also fix the 3-4 glitch issue that is present. Amazing, a win-win. But for whatever reason EA does not allow this. I have yet to hear any EA developer address why custom playbooks are not usable to assign to CPU teams. They work just fine in Play Now.

I played 2 games yesterday in Play Now with my 1984 roster and corresponding playbooks. Both games were outstanding from start to finish. Good contextual play calling by the CPU in both games. In one game the CPU had a 50/50 run/pass ratio. In the other, it was 52% pass and 48% run.

Imagine how much this one simple fix would help.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:00 PM   #403
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Maybe this is what I need to do to continue my franchise. I did it a few years ago and got like 12 seasons deep and had a lot of fun seeing my drafted players have entire careers. This issue has killed my interest in the game which is a shame because I was really having a lot of fun with it until the issue became too much. There was a time after release where I got a few seasons in without the issue being there, then it seemed to appear from one of the earlier patches.
I'm in 2030 and like you, I did have several seasons where it wasn't an issue. I love the franchise part of the game so, PTM is still fun enough for me to continue on and I love seeing the CPU rushing stats and my 92 rated defense actually ranking in the top 10 again.
Old 03-18-2024, 12:18 PM   #404
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

So yesterday I played 2 games, one against Chubb and the other against some rookie rb the team drafted. Anyways both running back had 100 rushing yards on me, but yet the cpu still passed the ball the majority of the time! I will say at least the sliders I use the cpu doesn't have issues getting yards running but they just can't keep the run game going. At the end I usually see about 10-15 rushes from the cpu and then 25-30 passes
Old 03-18-2024, 12:58 PM   #405
Rookie

I am 10 games into a new season I started with the Bears and have been tracking run/pass ratios. In played games, the CPU has passed 64.4% of the time and run 35.6% of the time. In a simmed season, by contrast, the CPU passed 50.6% of the time and run 49.4% of the time.

So I'm seeing a +14% increase in CPU passing in played games over what would occur if the games were simmed. Quarter length is 11 minutes with 16 second runoff. I agree with everyone that CPU passes too much in played games compared to simmed games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 08:28 AM   #406
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I have decided to use a Run Heavy Downloaded Playbooks. I play CPU vs CPU, so to make things balance out, the Home Team will be assigned one of the Run Heavy Playbooks. This will give each Team 8 Games with Run Heavy Playbooks.

Not a perfect solution but it seems to be working so far.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 03-21-2024, 11:38 AM   #407
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
There is one thing that EA could do that would fix this problem:
Allow us to easily assign custom playbooks to CPU teams in Franchise mode.
Boom... problem solved!
One reason why this is not so simple is that custom playbooks themselves are broken af.

Scenarios are duplicated for no apparent reason, some scenarios are not even visible to the user, 4 minute offense scenario doesn't seem to work at all, it's a hot mess.

Because playbooks are *heavily used by the sim engine* to determine game outcomes and sim stats (give a weak team the Dallas PB and sim a few seasons to see what I mean) it seems quite possible that the devs don't want to support custom playbooks for CPU teams in franchise because they'd have to deal with incomplete or otherwise problematic books having a negative impact on the sim engine.
Old 03-21-2024, 07:12 PM   #408
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
One reason why this is not so simple is that custom playbooks themselves are broken af.

Scenarios are duplicated for no apparent reason, some scenarios are not even visible to the user, 4 minute offense scenario doesn't seem to work at all, it's a hot mess.

Because playbooks are *heavily used by the sim engine* to determine game outcomes and sim stats (give a weak team the Dallas PB and sim a few seasons to see what I mean) it seems quite possible that the devs don't want to support custom playbooks for CPU teams in franchise because they'd have to deal with incomplete or otherwise problematic books having a negative impact on the sim engine.
I totally agree that the custom playbooks are mess, especially this year. I also agree and understand why they would not want them assigned to a coach or team overall for simming a week. However, since the playbooks work perfectly fine in Play Now, there should be no reason why I cannot simply assign the team I am playing against a custom playbook.

In truth, the playbooks need to be completely revamped. Just another item to add to the list. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »