Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-18-2023, 02:10 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
Just reposting here for conversation..

The top 10 RBs based on attempts in my franchise (year 1) through 14 games played average 17.5 carries per game. This is with my own formation subs, auto subs, etc.

Per https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...?rate=per-game it looks like there are only 4 RB's who are currently averaging higher than this for the season, and 2 of them (Barkley and Monty) have not played at least 9 games this season.

Last year, only 3 RB's averaged 17.5 carries per game and they were Henry, Jacobs, and Chubb. Taylor averaged 17.45, Barkley 17.39, and Brian Robinson of WSH 17.08. Nobody else averaged above 17.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what I am doing differently but I think that I am seeing an accurate amount of carries per game.

Ill keep a better eye on how many rushing attempts (qb + backups included) the teams have and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Definitely need to see total carries vs pass attempts.

Will be interested to see if your total carries are different from everyone else or if the main issue is ball carriers outside of RB1 aren't getting any carries.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 02:35 PM   #26
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Well... I just played the Steelers in a rain game (maybe that had something to do with it) and they ran Najee 15 times. I'm perfectly happy with that.
Old 11-18-2023, 03:00 PM   #27
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Definitely need to see total carries vs pass attempts.

Will be interested to see if your total carries are different from everyone else or if the main issue is ball carriers outside of RB1 aren't getting any carries.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yeah, now that I am thinking about it, it would make more sense to see what the cpu is averaging against the user re. carries over the course of a season instead of comparing cpu vs cpu stats.

I play multiple games per NFL week so I have more influence over the leagues stats compared to the average franchise player.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-18-2023, 03:23 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
Are you able to run the same exercise in your franchise that I have in mine? What is the avg amount of carries for the top 10 backs in your league and through how many weeks?

I am trying to figure out why I am the only one seeing accurate carries per game. I'm using out of the box playbooks.
I'm not really sure what the sim stats in my franchise have to do with the CPU in game playcalling. The problem is the CPU passes about 75% of the time when you play them. Post your run, pass ratio against the computer. Include your sacks in pass plays called. If it's anything close to 60/40 on a consistent basis I definitely want to know what settings you are using. These are the numbers from my last 6 games.

19 runs, 51 passes
18, 41
18, 31
11, 40
17, 47
12, 43
Total: 95, 253
Old 11-18-2023, 03:52 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

What quarter lengths are you using?
Old 11-18-2023, 05:18 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLEJR
What quarter lengths are you using?
I started at 15 minutes but even with accel clock at 10 I was having too many plays in my game. The M24 sim engine is about 3,200 plays short (100/team) of NFL season numbers. So now I'm at 10 minutes with 20 on the accel clock. I have injuries at 50 so the clock stops a lot. I average 100-120 plays per game which is in line with the sim engine.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:29 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I started at 15 minutes but even with accel clock at 10 I was having too many plays in my game. The M24 sim engine is about 3,200 plays short (100/team) of NFL season numbers. So now I'm at 10 minutes with 20 on the accel clock. I have injuries at 50 so the clock stops a lot. I average 100-120 plays per game which is in line with the sim engine.
Interesting. I have never really looked at how many plays per game the sim stats have. I may tinker with my settings to get more in line with the sim engine and less with the real NFL. It's what I've recently done with NCAA 14 and I'm enjoying it more that way, plus games are quicker.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 05:56 PM   #32
Just started!

OVR: 0

In my franchise I’ve also been slightly annoyed about the amount of run and pass plays butI just played a game against the Colts where they had 31 rush attempts and 18 pass attempts. They even ran plays with their fullback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »