Home

How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the leag

This is a discussion on How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the leag within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2023, 03:21 PM   #9
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
Everything I google suggests 120-125 plays. I’m not saying your wrong. I’m just saying there is no way i would want to have a 153 plays in a game of madden. I would hit triple digits haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The 153 would be all plays: Offensive Plays, plus Punts, PAT Attempts, Kickoffs, etc.
Old 08-30-2023, 04:39 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the

Those plays are offensive snaps only it appears. I just picked a couple of random teams off the list and then went and looked at their average rush attempts and pass attempts per game and they were all within 1.0 of the total plays per game. Considering all teams pretty much punt between 3-5 times per game, for it to match within 1 seems like it may be excluding punts at the very least.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 08-30-2023 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't yet tested, but last year I tried to get as many plays per game as the simmed stats, rather than NFL, although they were pretty close. In general, simming seasons resulted almost exactly 120 offensive plays per game (sometimes 119). I got pretty close with 10 min. no accel. clock. But i had a very high completion percentage, as did the CPU. There are more incomplete passes this year, it seems. So I'm thinking I may go down to 8 or 9 minute quarters, no accelerated clock. But I haven't experimented yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2023, 10:12 PM   #12
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Sounds like your problem is more that you and the cpu rarely have to punt the ball and are scoring nearly every drive. Find a way to increase 3 and outs and punts and your stats will be a lot more realistic. You may need to use house rules to limit yourself which sucks.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-31-2023, 12:42 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

Yeah. I hate house rules. I just had a great game against the Raiders. 12 min acc clock 15 sec and I lost 28-24 on default all madden. Only change I made was changing the speed parity to 95. I’m going to roll with this. I had two defensive stops in the 4th Qtr but my offense just couldn’t score to win it in the end. IMG_1043.jpg

Now these stats might be a little high but I can live with it.

Old 08-31-2023, 07:52 AM   #14
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I’ve been running 15 mins 14 run off.

Suprisingly I’ve done a fantastic job at keeping everything from getting wonky.

Plays are ranging from 65-76 plays per team

I was super impressed in 2 games I’ve held the cpu to 13 points or less.

Punt the ball, make them punt the ball. My only house rule typically is play as they would play in real life. If I have a 10 point lead and ball in my territory 4th & short and I know I could cheese a freebie first down to extend drive. Coaches aren’t doing that. Punt the ball play field position and control momentum.

Long winded but 15 mins w 14 run off work well. And I actually try to build methodical drives. Each drive I have a goal of atleast 8 plays.

Unless the stars align pre- snap and maybe a play I called looks like big shot vs coverage.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 08-31-2023, 09:01 AM   #15
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

OVR: 0

12 and 15 is perfect imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2023, 09:13 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 6

I also try to have long ball controlling drives. I wish the AI would operate this way and try to establish the run a bit more.

Also switching to 95 speed threshold made a huge difference and I won’t be going back. Fast players are still fast but they aren’t breaking wide open like before. I loved it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »