Home

Signature styles?

This is a discussion on Signature styles? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2023, 10:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Signature styles?

I haven’t played a Madden on the current systems yet. I mostly play offline and what keeps me engaged is when players feel & move like themselves. This is especially true for quarterbacks. On last gen, I’d start a season & get bored because players moved so similar & so many quarterbacks had the same the throwing motion. Even when gameplay would be decent, I couldn’t stay immersed. How is that with 24? It’s hard to judge from videos.

Last edited by jmarcguy; 08-14-2023 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 11:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Signature styles?

Allen, Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Murray, Rodgers, Mayfield, Wilson all have unique throwing motions and Tom Brady's is still in the game.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:05 AM   #3
MVP

Thanks. That helps. I used to try to edit the motions & it never mattered what I picked. Lol!!
Old 08-15-2023, 09:38 PM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I didn't know it was a thing for other positions, but I noticed Nick Bosa has his sprinter stance now.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:54 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Still pretty much non existent. Especially compared to other sports games. 2k has every jumpshot, signature dunks, layups, dribbling style. The Show has every batting stance, swing type, home run celebrations. Even the golf games have signature swings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2023, 12:58 PM   #6
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah this really hasn’t been a thing since like madden 12. They had a lot more individual throwing styles in the older games, and even some for legends like John elway. Also, QB release times had a lot more variance. I remember Tony romo having a really quick throwing release like he did in real life, and joe Flacco having a cannon, but a very slow wind up. You had to be more decisive with guys like Flacco which made it feel more realistic
Old 08-16-2023, 11:19 PM   #7
MVP

I get that there are so many bigger issues normally but this seems like something easy to toss at players. Too many times I lose interest in my franchise because it feels like I’m playing with “football team” instead of the Raiders or whoever. Signature movements won’t make or break the game but they add something.

Last edited by jmarcguy; 08-17-2023 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:24 PM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

There are a lot of signature celebrations, that’s probably the biggest area of signature style in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »