Home

Progressive Lighting Madden 24 Beta PS5

This is a discussion on Progressive Lighting Madden 24 Beta PS5 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2023, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Progressive Lighting Madden 24 Beta PS5

Did they bring back progressive lighting? When before in 4:15 pm games we get more field shading as the game progress. it was not in Madden 23 PS5. but remained on PS4 . We need this back it shows off the graphics. It’s been in all other Next Gen Maddens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2023, 03:31 PM   #2
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Progressive Lighting Madden 24 Beta PS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittys10
Did they bring back progressive lighting? When before in 4:15 pm games we get more field shading as the game progress. it was not in Madden 23 PS5. but remained on PS4 . We need this back it shows off the graphics. It’s been in all other Next Gen Maddens.
Posted about this in another thread, I took a screenshot of the exact same area of the stadium seats in the upper level at Centurylink (lumen) Field that showed the shadow of the stadium casting onto them in all 4 quarters of a 4:15 start time game (on PC). The shadows, sky, lighting never changed 1 bit, completely static for the whole game. In another game in Baltimore I had to stop in the 2nd quarter and restarted the game later, same thing with no shadow movement but the lighting on the field seemed to change a bit after resuming the same game. I'm hopeful it just hasn't been implemented yet for the beta because if this is what its gonna be upon release it's a joke currently.
Old 06-12-2023, 08:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Totally agree! Another in one year gone another. Not a priority but essential to a football broadcast.
Old 06-12-2023, 08:54 PM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

If that's really going to be the game and not just a beta thing, I am very disappointed. At least let the lighting change by quarter. Good lord. Surely simply having lighting change is not so taxing on the system.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2023, 07:14 PM   #5
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Someone in the beta thread said that the same semi-progressive lighting from the previous year is in the game. So it kind of works by quarter and/or half. That is miles better than nothing, but still not quite up to where it should be.

I can deal with that. If the PC modding community gets as far as they did in last gen, it'd even allow us to change schedules so that time zones are simulated (by changing the kickoff time of West Coast games).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2023, 01:41 PM   #6
Rookie

There was NO progressive lighting in '23. '22 had it working for late afternoon games, but nothing last year. It seems to come and go every other year. Like I said, its not a priority but i find it takes away the game experience with no lighting change throughout the game, especially when it worked years past perfectly. But from what I heard and seen, its back to one lighting look for entire game. But we have hand warmers! Oh well, still enjoy the gameplay.
Old 06-17-2023, 02:19 PM   #7
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Someone in the beta thread said that the same semi-progressive lighting from the previous year is in the game. So it kind of works by quarter and/or half. That is miles better than nothing, but still not quite up to where it should be.

I can deal with that. If the PC modding community gets as far as they did in last gen, it'd even allow us to change schedules so that time zones are simulated (by changing the kickoff time of West Coast games).
Can’t speak for consoles, I’ve checked in multiple games in the M24 beta by taking screenshots of the same area of the stadium in all 4 quarters, progressive lighting is not in the PC version currently, at all
Old 06-17-2023, 02:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Maybe they should hire the guys from maximus football to handle this part of the game.

Atleast that development team as small as they are still pay attention those details.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »