Home

I’m Already tired of throwing picks cause my WR won’t attack the ball.

This is a discussion on I’m Already tired of throwing picks cause my WR won’t attack the ball. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2022, 05:57 PM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
I’m Already tired of throwing picks cause my WR won’t attack the ball.

Labbing zones and crossing routes and I’m seeing a huge problem. WRs act stupid while ball is in the air. I’m getting picked off a lot on crossing routes that are wide open, the WR just isn’t using his body to shield defenders from the ball AND I’m still seeing speed boosts defensively where guys speed up at the end of routes even tho to even keep up with my WR they had to have already been going full speed.

Then Iv seen already too many situations where the animation awarded did all the work. There have been potential catches where my guy won’t even put his hands up for a pass flying right by his nose and it’ll get picked off by a deep defender.

A lot to iron out before i take this bad boy online with MUT. Seeing alot of stuff i just don’t like. The added breakup animations are a welcome sight. The defenders are tending to stick with crossing routes more often too which is great. Usually I’m getting tackled right where i catch the ball, which is more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 07:09 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: I’m Already tired of throwing picks cause my WR won’t attack the ball and i for a

Dude I’ve thrown 20 INTs with Fields in 9 games. It’s rough. I know I’m not great by any means but I’m throwing way more picks this year
Old 08-17-2022, 07:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I’m Already tired of throwing picks cause my WR won’t attack the ball and i for a

Its a challenge for sure but one that is welcomed. I dont see the WR's not attacking the ball but I am struggling getting pass mechanics down I had to take a step back to get used to it first. But all in all I think its a welcome addition.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:57 PM   #4
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I’m not really having that issue, I’m having the opposite where my DBs won’t attack the ball or contest the cpu wrs
Old 08-17-2022, 08:09 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

It’s weird.. I swear CPU WRs and DBs attack the ball while the USER WRs and DBs won’t attack the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 08:27 PM   #6
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It’s weird.. I swear CPU WRs and DBs attack the ball while the USER WRs and DBs won’t attack the ball.
I had this same feeling in the beta. It's like comp mode but labeled sim for the user to have to do everything but random animations make it even more difficult. U don't know what your going to get at any given moment.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 08-17-2022, 08:51 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

a common problem with madden is the insane amount of Picks I can never throw the ball deep because of it and I end up playing the Brady way of slant here dink and dunk there and then I don't throw picks. it is frustrating. it kills the realistic stats every time for me I average 4 picks a game if I try and play it the NFL way. and if you put the difficulty on rookie you end yup winning 60-0 with no picks as the CPU drops every single INT possible it is so hard to get a damm balance
Old 08-17-2022, 08:54 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Just user catch it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »