Home

Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-16-2022, 02:54 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

First impressions are pretty good for me. Except way to many INTs. Only played 3 games but have seen 15 INTs…

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 03:48 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played the Legacy game this morning before work. Unsure how representative the game is but overall it felt a lot more difficult, but have to admit i didn't play Madden for the last 3-4 years....

Didn't like the first passing option and went for the middle one, because it contains a bit of the old school passing. Felt a bit better. Also unsure how much i'd class the passing changes as cheating for myself... sometimes these can be extremely powerful gimmicks.

Lost already mentioned the INT's. I had 5 in that game alone.. seems waaaay too many. Play own All-Pro Level, as this seems the best for me...

Overall it felt great though... looking forward playing this game again after a big time out.

Last edited by Mic2904; 08-16-2022 at 03:49 AM. Reason: edit
Old 08-16-2022, 04:09 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
So I’ve had no luck finding a ps5. And I just can’t continue with the PS4 version of games anymore. My local GameStop has the Xbox seriers s. My question is Madden the same on the series S as it is on the Ps5 or the series X? Is the S a big downgrade. I’m going to just get the S if it’s the same. Sorry if I sound ignorant. I’ve don’t know much about the series s.
Actually it's not ignorant there are many games that play just the same but some don't FIFA 22 upscaled from 1440p look like a mess compared to Native 4K.

They're quite a few games that suffer from this but speed wise loading and such it's the same.

Personally I did the same thing you did I bought the series s that was about 5 months ago I got a series X about 2 months ago Series S is severely lacking in hard drive capacity one or two big games and you're almost at capacity.

512 gb is not a lot of storage personally play the 10-hour trial see if you like it return the Xbox and wait for the series X they come in and out a lot.

Also depends on where you're located sometimes you could just walk right in and buy depending on your location.

My advice would be buy it from Amazon or a place that you can easily return it, hopefully by that time you can get a series X.

To me the series s is like a stopgap if you're dead broke but you want to experience some next-gen it's just that stopgap it's affordable but if you have a 4K display a nice one go with the X.

Good luck my friend!
Old 08-16-2022, 04:18 AM   #84
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
I got 9 penalties against Bucs : 8 rough passer and one rough kick
OK, now that isn't encouraging at all. The number is good, but the type is terrible.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:19 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Initially, the default camera was weird but it quickly grew on me. I went back and played a game of my M22 HB player franchise and IMMEDIATELY missed that daggum M23 camera!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 06:10 AM   #86
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Having a blast on PS5. Played the Madden legacy game, and then Bills vs Rams on All-Madden

Finished the game as Josh Allen with 0 interceptions. Stafford had 1 INT which was a pick 6 to Jordan Poyer but that was the extent of the turnovers for the ENTIRE game. Honestly, all the INTs people are talking about seem to be coming down to user error.

The one thing that I really didn’t like was the amount of broken tackles by the CPU. Cam Akers lit me up for over 160 yards rushing because of the ridiculous amount of broken tackles. It’s like he was lathered in Vaseline and my players just ******ly slid off him when attempting a tackle.

Outside of that, the Rams absolutely kicked my *** 38-24 after I had a 17-10 halftime lead on them. They kicked it into high gear in the second half.

So happy I don’t tinker with sliders and all that. It’s gonna be another fun cycle of madden for me!

Old 08-16-2022, 06:21 AM   #87
Rookie

ynkeecwby's Arena

OVR: 0

Definitely mimicking reality. I can’t get anyone To sign or resign with my Lions unless I overpay. Hopefully I turn that around in a few seasons. It’s nice as i actually have to worry about my cap now.

Soundtrack is turned off. Commentary is off. Those I’m not impressed with. Sounds the same.

I like the changes to franchise. I skipped last year so scouting is going to be a learning curve. Older way was too simple but this seems like it swung too far the other way for me.

The gameplay has been a blast. MLB isn’t intercepting every pass within 10 yard of him so that’s a nice change. Running controls feel more responsive and better blocking.

Great first day with it. Hopefully it continues.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:13 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 7

The most realistic pocket to date. If you drop back more than 5 yards you will be pressured 100% of the time by the edge rushers. If you step up in the pocket that’s where you will be successful. If you watch any m23 gameplay on YouTube pay attention to the players who drop back too far every down and you will notice how difficult it makes passing. Please don’t change this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »