Home

Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Background: Hi all, I’ve primarily been in the NCAA scene, heading up the project of the OS sliders there. Also part of the OS Sliders for FIFA as well. In terms of football, that’s how I found OS all those years ago. I’m originally part of MaddenMania, and held a number of franchise reports there. I’ve been waiting for a real good Madden version to sink into, and this year’s has everything I’m looking for.

⏭ Game Settings

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

⏭ Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual (prev: Assist)

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: On (prev: Off)
• Thanks to my good friend JoshC on this recommendation. I think it creates that extra sense of awareness and reaction that is necessary for both User and CPU.

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: On

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

⏭ Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10" (uploaded 12/27/17)

QB Accuracy: 48/48 (prev: 52/52)
• Dropping this down from 52 back down to 48. Like the variety in the throws and some bad ones as well. Overall very pleased with this change.

Pass Blocking:20/20 (prev: 10/10)
• Bumped this up to help the CPU from instantly scrambling. Gives just a bit more time in the pocket, especially on Hail Mary's, etc. CPU loves their 4-verts as well, so this gives a bit more time.

WR Catching: 50/50 (prev: 48/48)
• Bumped this up because the hits are pretty instant in traffic, and about 90% of the time, the receivers are dropping the ball. IRL, these catches are made more often in traffic, especially by big tight ends or receivers, etc. This will also help the CPU QB be a lot more decisive, which is never a bad thing.

Run Blocking: 30/50 (prev: 30/35)
• With the stuck in mud glitch, there has to be some room to increase the CPU chances of getting more yards. I honestly have used this for my videos so far, and completely forgot to include it here in the OP. At least there is a good amount of sample size, and I'll gladly accept more CPU yardage at this point.

Fumbles: 52/52 (previous 48/48)
• 1.08 has the ball carrier run with the ball in a protective fashion already. So I figure, let's increase the chance of them fumbling and evade more tackles. Yes, the spin move is choice 1 for most runners, but at least it's for positive yardage.

Pass Defense Reaction Time:85/95 (prev: 50/52)
• This title update made the passing game frustratingly wide open. I had to remedy this by increasing the pass reaction and coverage to quite high numbers. Keep in mind, my set uses a lower threshold, so this type of high value actually works just fine. It still brings in the rating separation, but the key is that the defensive players are reacting to the ball in a realistic fashion.

Interceptions: 35/35 (prev: 35/45)
• It started to become a bit easy for defensive players to intercept the ball. Too many diving interceptions, etc. I wanted this to be unpredictable, relative to the type of pass/deflection that occurs.

Pass Coverage: 85/95 (prev: 48/95)
• Thankfully this value is no longer separate from CFM to Play Now, so I was able to test a lot more in different scenarios. Definitely seeing good coverage, and still seeing a separation in player ratings. Finding the proper matchups still key as they always are, and there’s always that chance that an unknown becomes well known.

Tackling: 46/46 (previous 48/48)
• The tackling at 48 was just a little too good. Form was perfect, and the big hits were pushing players completely off their feet. I wanted to see more wrap up tackling and more missed tackles in some cases. I think that's important to establish the pretty strong run game variety that is going on with this set. It's not to see more random play with the lowering of the tackle value.

⏭ Special Teams
• Keep in mind, these are personal preferences, but I believe the irony of special teams is just how important they are in a football game. There needs to be more error and more humanizing this speciality roles from default.

FG Power: 60
• I know some may not like this change, but I absolutely love it. As a former kicker myself, we can hit 55-60 yarders in practice. What most struggle with is the sync that is necessary between the snap to the kick, to the equipment (your helmet for example) worn. NFL kickers are the best in the world. They get paid to be able to have enough leg. EA seem to think this isn’t the case, and instead of focusing on the fundamentals of kicking (leg extension = height = distance), they focus on keeping the ball mid-level height. I want some oomph with the kicks, and let the accuracy then determine the quality.

FG Accuracy: 42
• With a higher power, there needs to be some risk/reward, that’s where accuracy comes in. Have seen such a great variety of kicks this way. Wide left, narrow left, narrow right, wide right, posts, you get the point.

Punt Power: 40
• Punters can definitely kick the ball far, but on default I was seeing consistently 60-70 yard bombs. In practice, sure, but not that consistent in game situations. Needed to humanize this a lot more.

Punt Accuracy: 40
• Pressure to perform is what Punters and Kickers live by. Accuracy to kicking the ball of their side of their foot or getting it inside the 20, it’s make or break, and it’s unpredictable - really like this combo.

Kickoff Power: 48
• On default, it felt like the wind made no difference to the kick off power. While yes they are moved up in the kick off mark, there still needs to be the chance of a return and respect to the wind. That’s why it’s not gone down much, but just enough for variety’s sake.

⏭ Game Options

Injuries: 30
• Good balance of in-game dingers to season enders.

Fatigue: 48 (previous 50)
• Started to get really tired, no pun intended, of the stamina meter go down so rapidly. Regardless of rating, any player who runs for 30 yards straight forward should be able to. They don’t let fatigue kick in when adrenaline dominates in those situations. This is a small bump down, but it works very nice to now not have to worry about the User or CPU seem like they are struggling to breathe in key moments.

Min Player Threshold: 0 (previous 5)
• Just had to reduce this and separate players out. The coverage is much tighter with the less speedy runs off the ball on the routes, so separating players out as much as possible is key.

⏭ Penalties

Offside: 70 (prev: 75)
• Reducing this one to less penalties, but also a bit more jump for OL vs DL, as the DL was instant shedding blocks a bit easier.

False Start: 65 (prev: 70)
• Reducing this one to less penalties, but also a bit more jump for OL vs DL, as the DL was instant shedding blocks a bit easier.

Holding: 65 (prev: 70)

Defensive Holding: 55 (prev: 50)
• Bumped this down just a bit as the lower tackling = more wrap up = more facemasks called. So, this is just a needed change to balance things out.

Face Mask: 52 (prev: 55)
• Bumped this down just a bit as the lower tackling = more wrap up = more facemasks called. So, this is just a needed change to balance things out.

Defensive Pass Interference: 55 (prev: 70)
• With the tighter pass coverage and reactions, there had to be some give so the CPU QB would throw the ball and not just opt for long passes or dink/dunks constantly. I do want this to show up more in games, and it does , so can’t complain too much about dropping it down. I also feel having it too high made the animation show up less and the coverage worse.

Offensive Pass Interference: Off (prev: On)
• So with the 1.08 issues, I had to turn this off. Had to give the receivers some space (even on threshold at zero), but not so much that they aren't covered well. Have had so many games with DPI called instead of OPI, so the adjustment here is helpful overall.

Kick Catch Interference: On

Illegal Block in the Back: 50
• More emphasis for this penalty to occur often in special teams, but it may rear its head outside of that realm.

Intentional Grounding: On

Roughing the Passer: 35
• This will still get called, but at 50 it was occurring too often and the animation didn't make sense to see the player just "walk" into the QB and get flagged.

Roughing the Kicker: Off (prev: On)
• Pursuit angles improved as a result, better blocking as well.

Running into the Kicker: Off (prev: On)
• Pursuit angles improved as a result, better blocking as well.

Video Gallery:

First Quarter - Cowboys (CPU) @ Broncos (User) - Offline Franchise

Second Quarter - Cowboys (CPU) @ Broncos (User) - Offline Franchise

Third Quarter - Cowboys (CPU) @ Broncos (User) - Offline Franchise

Fourth Quarter - Cowboys (CPU) @ Broncos (User) - Offline Franchise

Team Stats - Cowboys (CPU) @ Broncos (User) - Offline Franchise

Second Half - Panthers (CPU) @ 49ers (User) - Offline Franchise

Previous All-Pro Data (so I don't lose it!)

Spoiler

Previous Pro Data (so I don't lose it!)

Spoiler

Last edited by Matt10; 04-28-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #2
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders

Glad to see you Matt! Loved your NCAA sliders. I will be definitely giving these a shot tomorrow and let you know what I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Glad to see you Matt! Loved your NCAA sliders. I will be definitely giving these a shot tomorrow and let you know what I see.

Hey, MVP, long time - good to see you as well. Thanks, man. This is a really solid version of Madden. Just glad to be able to really dig into it now.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

You on Xbox or PlayStation?

Old 09-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknorris1
You on Xbox or PlayStation?

Playstation. Although I made a change earlier that may not have saved yet (in the middle of a game), so you will just want to plug them in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 05:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Also any house rules no switching no user catches? Etc

Old 09-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknorris1
Also any house rules no switching no user catches? Etc

No house rules. I am still looking at the CPU defensive pass coverage overall though, so if providing feedback, let me know how you play (house rules, no switch/switch, etc).

I personally do not have any house rules. Which is another reason I went this route. I got tired of not being able to do certain things on All-Pro or All-Madden, knowing I would get an advantage somewhere.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Anybody that has played pro and used special sliders have said no user catches no money plays no switching on defense...

I'm on Xbox do you think it matters...they looked good so i might just plug them in I've heard it doesn't make a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »