Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #401
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just finished two very entertaining games in my new Jags franchise. Game one was a 35-7 loss to GB (only a bomb to Hurns where he faked out the DB saved me from a shutout loss) and the second was a 24-13 win over SD. Stats were very solid across the board and a team has yet to crack the 400 total yard barrier....a chronic issue on M16. A few thoughts:
  • Use formation subs. In the GB game, Richard Rodgers has something like 8-92 yards by the 2nd quarter. I'm like, %&*^, DPI is too high. But the funny thing was that Rodgers wasn't just checking down. Then it dawned on me, I had Skuta and Poluszny in my Nickel package. I swapped them out with Telvin Smith and Myles Jack. He had one or two catches the rest of the way as the speed and coverage skills of those two LBs essentially neutralized him.
  • RBs can hurt you in different ways. Lacy played like a pounder while SD's RBs (mainly Oliver) burned me on cutback runs. Was beautiful to see their respective skills/ratings shine through.
  • Make adjustments. Oliver burned me early in the first half....I switched up from calling more aggressive plays to going into more of a 'contain' mode. The strategy worked as we slowed him down big time the rest of the way.
  • Slider talk now As was hoped for, the running games are much more balanced with the tweaks. If you have speedy back, you might still exploit the edge (it happens in real life too). But if you're using an average speed guy, you're going to have to wait for your blocks to get outside. For testing purposes, I tried to hit the outside with both Ivory and Yeldon...it was quite tough...a lot of time the FB and pulling linemen weren't out in front....I had to wait.
  • The drop to RTP did slow down the pass rush a bit...but it's still there. I was sacked four times by GB (a couple were times when Jones was right on top of me...good to see). SD struggled more to get to me. The Jags anemic pass rush struggled in both games (but I did get to Rivers twice after getting shut out by GB).
End of August....I honestly have no major complaints. I expect that the upcoming patch will just enhance things (not break them). If they fix the glitch to defensive holding (it resets to 50 in-game in CFM), that should clean-up the relative ease on deep bombs. I'm also guessing that they will continue to improve the pass rush (like last year) and hopefully further refine fatigue. This set should be pretty darn "patch resistant" unless they do something crazy like overhaul how autosubs work (highly unlikely).

Enjoy guys! I know I am going to!
Good to see you're making progress. I was wondering if you could put out a summary of your test results on auto sub sliders in the main menu. For example what does 0 do for each position and increasing from 80 to 90 do? Its obvious to me these sliders affect gameplay. Just try dropping to 50/49 across the board and see the affect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 10:01 AM   #402
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Will try your updates, I have been testing all kinds of things with some progress. Been testing 100 speed threshold, and slow, and been getting some good results in tests. As you know, I have had a way to easy time running the ball with freeman especially outside. Even tested with runblock only slider adjusted, at 25. Everything else has been great with Madden.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #403

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Gonna give these a shot in my next game, I tried a different take on the default approach and just didnt like the way the game felt, I had better games with my own setup prior to that with just QB Accuracy adjusted for both user and CPU. Ill let you know how it plays out.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:02 PM   #404
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Will the penalties/autosubs work properly with my all madden set? All pro just doesn't challenge me at all.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 12:17 PM   #405

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Played Miami and enjoyed the game, cant think of any glaring issues other then I was able to pass at will for the most part, here are a few stats...

Ryan Tannehill (19/33, 255 yards 2 TD's)
Jay Ajayi (22 carries, 157 yards)

Colin Kaepernick (20/29, 208 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT)
Carlos Hyde (21 carries, 117 yards, 2 TD's)

Miami finished with 354 yards of total offense which was infalted by a 93 yard pass to Cameron for a TD. Thats the one thing that kinda made me scratch my head, he took a short pass and then started juking everyone out of their shoes taking it to the house. It seemed ridiculous watching Cameron juke out Bowman like hes a HB in the open field but I can live with it if its not the norm (not that its slider related obviously). Miami had 1 sack and I had 3. Not much else to report, seemed to play well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #406
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Will try your updates, I have been testing all kinds of things with some progress. Been testing 100 speed threshold, and slow, and been getting some good results in tests. As you know, I have had a way to easy time running the ball with freeman especially outside. Even tested with runblock only slider adjusted, at 25. Everything else has been great with Madden.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Glad to know I'm not the only one seeing this with the outside run game. If you uncover anything that can slow down the outside run game, please let me know. It's the biggest issue I have with the game, and it's starting to make it unplayable for me.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #407
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
That's why we always recommend playing 2-3 gms to see what the slider changes develop into.
I changed my penalties from default and the 1st game only had 3 or 4 calls, the very next game had 8-9 on each team!
So it basically took a game for them to show the full effect

It's not that it took 1 full game to get into effect. It's just that madden has some pre build stuff on it that make game very variable from one game to another. This is why you need to play more than 1 game. To get the avg. not because it take 1 game to fully get effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #408
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
It's not that it took 1 full game to get into effect. It's just that madden has some pre build stuff on it that make game very variable from one game to another. This is why you need to play more than 1 game. To get the avg. not because it take 1 game to fully get effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you mean by pre build stuff? Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »