Home

Slider interactions and effects of penalty slider

This is a discussion on Slider interactions and effects of penalty slider within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2023, 11:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Slider interactions and effects of penalty slider

Here are some issues with the game posted recently in Matt10's slider thread:

1. QB accuracy too high on both sides, very rarely seeing missed passes, only seeing PBUs or throw aways or under pressure throws
2. CPU run game too weak
3. User pass rush too weak
4. User and CPU defenders apprehensive to swat the ball or knock it out, instead just play for the tackle
5. Pass coverage is a little too loose on both sides
6. CPU makes too many INTs and user makes too few
7. Fatigue - no backups ever enter the game

Now I personally don't have a problem with #3, and #6 I have the user making too many, but I was late to turn off ball hawk... all the others I would co-sign.

The purpose of this thread is NOT to debate whether the issues above exist. Sure, feel free to acknowledge whether or not an issue exists for you and even bring up other issues along the way. But the purpose of this thread is to address more plainly:

What does each slider REALLY DO?!?

It seems like we could use a place to organize these thoughts. Some sliders seem pretty simple and self-explanatory, but I remember back in the days of NCAA that some could be rather mysterious. Add in the (app parent?) fact (?) that penalty sliders affect player BEHAVIOR and not just the chance that a referee "sees" the infraction and throws a flag... ...

I just have no idea what to mess with 8 games into my franchise. But I know that there are some really good and experienced slider makers out there. And I also know that sliders are a PERSONAL DIFFICULY ADJUSTMENT so I'd rather just collect information on HOW the sliders interact with game mechanics (and each other) and then tweak my favorite set or sets from there.

Can anyone please help enlighten us newer, maybe more casual yet sim Madden players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2023, 09:24 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Slider interactions and effects of penalty slider

Great post I’m equally as curious. I tried a slider set with user run block, pass rush, and tackling all at 0 on all pro and have had some of the best games. I run the ball well enough with the jets (4.2 ypc) and am top 10 in sacks. So I don’t really understand how sliders work at all 😂
Old 01-11-2023, 09:48 AM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Great post I’m equally as curious. I tried a slider set with user run block, pass rush, and tackling all at 0 on all pro and have had some of the best games. I run the ball well enough with the jets (4.2 ypc) and am top 10 in sacks. So I don’t really understand how sliders work at all 😂
What are the CPU settings for int, coverage, reaction and tackling?
Old 01-11-2023, 10:00 AM   #4
Just started!

I really don’t have any of these problems with my gameplay. It would be nice to see the subs come in more but the game isn’t designed to truly & effectively do that.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:20 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
What are the CPU settings for int, coverage, reaction and tackling?
25 for int, 75 for the rest. Maybe that affects things? I don’t really understand it haha I find someone’s sliders here, play and tweak it to my liking but I don’t understand how it works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2023, 10:37 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

I am currently most interested in the effects of the injury slider and the penalty sliders.

I think I've read that injury is like an aggressiveness slider, and the penalty sliders affect how players perform actions that would lead to penalties, e.g. the offside slider when increased will give the D-Line a better jump, holding will cause linemen to hold blocks longer.

?

I typically try to keep sliders close to default unless game is obviously broken (interceptions)

I also try to build my franchise to play a unique style. Power running with ideally few pass attempts.
Old 01-13-2023, 01:59 PM   #7
Just started!

The lower the injury slider the more loose the gameplay will be overall. And that’s slightly noticeable. And of course you will see less injuries. The higher the injury slider rhe more the game becomes a game of inches and of course you will see more injuries that is my analysis as a slider maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
I am currently most interested in the effects of the injury slider and the penalty sliders.

I think I've read that injury is like an aggressiveness slider, and the penalty sliders affect how players perform actions that would lead to penalties, e.g. the offside slider when increased will give the D-Line a better jump, holding will cause linemen to hold blocks longer.

?

I typically try to keep sliders close to default unless game is obviously broken (interceptions)

I also try to build my franchise to play a unique style. Power running with ideally few pass attempts.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncensoredmath9
The lower the injury slider the more loose the gameplay will be overall. And that’s slightly noticeable. And of course you will see less injuries. The higher the injury slider rhe more the game becomes a game of inches and of course you will see more injuries that is my analysis as a slider maker.
what will be a good injuries rating according to you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »