Home

How to make user rushing more difficult

This is a discussion on How to make user rushing more difficult within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2022, 08:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to make user rushing more difficult

Slider people, anyone have a solution to user rushing being WAY too easy? All four members of our online league are extremely average madden players who have no business destroying the CPU on the ground consistently, and every member has been able to run the ball for an easy 5-6 YPC even with poorly rated offensive lines and running backs.

On All-Madden we've got user run blocking at 0, CPU tackling at 100. Playcalls limited to 1 per play per game, no custom playbooks or anything so we're not cheesing the best plays.

Is there anything else that you all have found to affect the difficulty of user rushing? Penalty sliders, speed threshold, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2022, 10:24 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How to make user rushing more difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33ZYMEEZY
Slider people, anyone have a solution to user rushing being WAY too easy? All four members of our online league are extremely average madden players who have no business destroying the CPU on the ground consistently, and every member has been able to run the ball for an easy 5-6 YPC even with poorly rated offensive lines and running backs.

On All-Madden we've got user run blocking at 0, CPU tackling at 100. Playcalls limited to 1 per play per game, no custom playbooks or anything so we're not cheesing the best plays.

Is there anything else that you all have found to affect the difficulty of user rushing? Penalty sliders, speed threshold, etc?
Revert the blocking and tackling back to default to start. Then, drop the CPU Pass Coverage slider to 47. Lower PCV values do 2 things:

- helps DBs stick to receivers more rather than constantly play the ball (which can open things up too much)
- it orients defenders to contain the running game a bit more. You'll find more gaps filled and harder to get through.

If you're still doing too well, you can drop the user RBK to 47 as well.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:30 PM   #3
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33ZYMEEZY

Are you playing as a team with a good o line? I’ve found especially this year that a good o line is needed, if you have one then you will run with ease…also noticed if you have a crappy line then you can struggle, or so I’ve experienced
Old 09-14-2022, 12:32 PM   #4
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Also keep in mind if you are using your franchise points to upgrade your coaching staff, you can basically upgrade the blocking and give your guys a boost which can make it easier
Old 09-17-2022, 08:59 AM   #5
Rookie

I just played a game with the Steelers in online franchise and didn’t throw one pass. Rushed for over 300 yards using about 4 or 5 plays on ALL Madden with RBK sliders down to 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2022, 09:01 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyB24
I just played a game with the Steelers in online franchise and didn’t throw one pass. Rushed for over 300 yards using about 4 or 5 plays on ALL Madden with RBK sliders down to 20.
Just to add I scored 28 points and won the game. It wasn’t the first game as the game before I didn’t throw a pass in the second half and scored 14 points. Clearly this is broken and sliders don’t work. This is Ps4 but I’m trying to find out if this issue exists on Ps5?
Old 09-17-2022, 11:44 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

So, I noticed you mentioned lowering your run block but not a single mention of lowering the fumble slider which actually contributes to the over powered running game.

In fact that slider effects running just as much

I've played with that slider between 5-25 on both pro and all madden and I've gone plenty of games where I've fumbled less than 2 times per outing. Fumble slider influences blocking up front

It's just a new name for the old Runing back Ability slider that used to exist in madden. Your playing vs the CPU and there's only so much the CPU defense can do vs skilled user players Controlling the RB

Lowering run block alone even if you raise the tackle slider doesn't truly change much imo

Reduce your rb ability down some because your not playing on equal terms with the AI RB

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-17-2022, 04:38 PM   #8
Rookie

I’ll give that a try and thanks. Why is it that Madden sliders are so difficult? Like the average person sees run block and tackle and you’d think that should have an effect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »