Home

Making a mod to remove cutscenes and speed up coach mode. Could use some help

This is a discussion on Making a mod to remove cutscenes and speed up coach mode. Could use some help within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Making a mod to remove cutscenes and speed up coach mode. Could use some help

I'm trying to edit the presentation to make it more streamlined for CPU vs CPU mode. I'd like to disable replays and graphics after the play so it's just play after play after play with no interruption. Ironically, Madden 08 was good for this because the presentation was less sophisticated.

Currently what I'm doing is using PTFB Pro, a keyboard & mouse macro tool to press the space bar on repeat, which skips animations and cutscenes. Here is a video demonstration of that.

But I'd like to integrate a "fast mode" into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Making a mod to remove cutscenes and speed up coach mode. Could use some help

Hi downloaded the tool to use the way you described but not sure how to setup the configuration for it to work using the Madden19.exe

Is there a way that you can explain??

Thanks so much!!
Old 10-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Making a mod to remove cutscenes and speed up coach mode. Could use some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyel28
Hi downloaded the tool to use the way you described but not sure how to setup the configuration for it to work using the Madden19.exe

Is there a way that you can explain??

Thanks so much!!
Yeah.
  1. Create a new window macro
  2. Select the madden window
  3. Hit space a few times, allowing a second or two in between
  4. End the macro
  5. Go to the edit tab, remove the mouse movement
  6. Change the macro speed to normal
  7. copy and paste it a bunch of times so you have a huge list of space key commands
  8. run it
Old 10-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon14 Re: Making a mod to remove cutscenes and speed up coach mode. Could use some help

Thanks!! Got it to work....
Old 10-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
Just started!

Just wanted to say I am super stoked to see this and will add it whenever I get around to buying Madden. What is the average game time when you skip the scenes? I typically play 15min with 12 sec clock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #6
Rookie

diamok's Arena

So this thread is old, but I've been snooping around with Frosty Editor and decided to just post a bit regarding this topic...

Now I'm not a modder in the sense that I have the skill to program (anymore at least) and all that, but I do have a background in design and am able to understand coding and so on.

From what I see inside Frosty, there is a Presentation folder, inside that are two folders NIS and Transitions. Inside NIS is schematicchannel and inside Transitions is _logic folder. Inside all of those are various files with settings, parameters, blah blah blah.

Digging around, it seems there are in and out states triggered by specific EventConnections and or vice versa in most if not all of the files located in all of the folders. Soooo, if I am correct, replacing the event trigger to skip a replay in all of the appropriate EventConnections would in theory skip all of the replays. Again, in theory.

However, since the SourceEvent parameter is a multi number code, one would need to know which code triggers which event. Once know, the above could be true, simply replace the SourceEvent code and boom, skippy dippy do.

Okay, that's really all I have, some basic and simple info...Now we just need someone who knows the SourceEvent codes and can actually make the mod work. Assuming I am correct.

= EDIT =
In the Presentation folder there are 3 fields, replaycontrol, replaycontrol_class and replaycontrol_class_schematics. Maybe that's good info...haha, I don't know.

Peace!

Last edited by diamok; 10-25-2018 at 01:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »