Home

Welcome to the 200 Foot Game-OBG's St. Louis Blues

This is a discussion on Welcome to the 200 Foot Game-OBG's St. Louis Blues within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Welcome to the 200 Foot Game-OBG's St. Louis Blues

Ken Hitchcock & The 200 Foot Game

Blues GM Doug Armstrong and new Head Coach Ken Hitchcock at the September press conference announcing Hitchcock's hiring.

By Stephen Holley
OSNHL Beat Writer

When Blues GM Doug Armstrong introduced Ken Hitchcock to the press and fans in September, many of those listening to the new coach heard a new phrase.

'The 200 foot game'.

After his explanation of the phrase, it was obvious to many at the conference that the Blues had made the right decision replacing the young Davis Payne with the experienced Hitchcock.

Hitchcock has come at an interesting time with regards to the roster in which he is inheriting in St. Louis. The Blues, with the exception of a superstar, are loaded with talent, grit, and hockey smarts with a real chance to make a statement this season.

The challenge Hitchcock will have to face is getting the younger players to play more consistently, something Hitchcock doesn't think is totally his responsibility.

"It falls on leadership, the captiains, the veterans that know how to be a professional...they need to 'buy in'...when they do that, the younger players see that and will follow. It works everywhere...on and off the ice', said Hitchcock, who David Backes describes as 'cerebral'.

Speaking of Backes, Hitchcock makes no qualms about what is expected of his captains.

"When you are the captain of my hockey team, you are expected to leave it all out there, night after night. No exceptions. Your 'buy in' level needs to be higher than everyone. David is that guy. His impact on games goes far beyond the scoresheet. He is smart, articulate, and exudes natural leadership skills", said Hitchcock during is first presser as coach of the Blues.

Ken Hitchcock start their preseason schedule tonight against a division foe, the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 02-06-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Re: Welcome to the 200 Foot Game-OBG's St. Louis Blues

Okay, so I'm addicted to NHL and replaced my broken disc. This will be played on All-Star difficulty, with my sliders, and the following edits have been made.

The truth of the matter is that the Blues are really really really good (at the time I'm writing this they are 24-7-7 under Hitchcock). To reflect that, I've made some subtle edits to the player attributes, nothing ridiculous though.

I did edit Halak up to a 90, and Elliott up to a 89...I edited Backes up to an 88 (only edited his checking power to 96, and Defensive Awareness, I left skill ratings the same)...and I raised Oshies hitting to 90, and raised Steens Defensive awareness and stick checking through the roof to emulate how brilliant he is defensively.

House Rules
No Simming
I do not shoot on empty nets if I am up by two goals or more...
Old 02-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Blues Trounce Columbus In Pre-Season Opener
STL 8
CLB 2
Shots STL 33 CLB 21
PP STL 1/3 CLB 1/4

Vladimir Sobotka would score 4 goals and add an assist in a 8-2 route of the Blue Jackets. The Blues would hold a 5-1 lead after the 1st period in a dominating performance

*Sobotka 4 goals, 1 Assist on 4th line
**Crombeen Goal, Assist
***Halak 20 Saves on 22 Shots

Oshie, Colaiacovo, Grachev 2 Assists
Sanford 20 Saves on 28 shots
Calvert Goal, Assist

DNP (Did Not Play): Arnott, Backes, Berglund, Jackman, Nichol, Pietrangelo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues & Elliott Shut Down Hawks
CHI 0
STL 4
Shots CHI 24 STL 35
PP CHI 0/2 STL 0/1

Brian Elliott stopped all 24 shots as the second string Blues shutout the second string Hawks.

*Elliott 24 Saves, SO
**D'Agostini Goal
***Crombeen Goal

Sonne/Stewart Goal
DNP: Oshie, Perron, Steen, Pietrangelo, Nichol, Jackman, Langenbrunner
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Impress Against Detroit; Elliott Unbeatable
DET 0
STL 5
Shots DET 20 STL 35
PP DET 0/2 STL 1/5

The Blues and Redwings Ignited their rivalry fires for the 2011-2012 season with St. Louis getting the first burn as the Blues 2nd string players laid a 5-0 whipping on Detroit.

*Elliott 20 Saves, SO (2), 0 GA in 120:00 and 44 shots this preseason
**Berglund Goal (1) Assist
***D'Agostini Goal (2) Assist
Other Stats
Reaves Goal (1)
Cracknell Goal (1)

DNP: Backes, Oshie, Steen, Colaiacovo, Jackman, Langenbrunner, Perron
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Close Preseason As NHL's Best
STL 3
NSH 1
Shots STL 27 NSH 32
PP STL 2/4 NSH 1/3

The Blues finish the preseason 4-0-0 with a solid road effort up and down the lineup. Nashville pressed, but could only tally once on Jaroslav Halak.
*Halak 31 Saves on 32 Shots
**Backes Goal, Assist
***Huskins Goal
Other Stats
Perron Goal
Hornqvist Goal

Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Preseason Notes

*Beware Of The Blues
The Blues went 4-0-0 this preseason, outscoring thier opponents 20-3. They led the NHL in both GPG (5.0) and GAA (0.75) with a PP clicking at 28.6%

*Sobotka Red Hot
Despite his performance of 4 goals and 3 assists in the preseason, Vladimir Sobotka will most likely still be centering the 4th line, which some occasion time on the left side of the 3rd forward unit.

*Elliott Gets 1st Start
Head Coach Ken Hitchcock did well to play both goaltenders 2 games this preseason, but said Elliott's preseason performance demands he get the first start. The netminder didn't allow a single goal in the preseason on 44 shots in 2 starts.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Crosby Impresses On Opening Night

Sidney Crosby is off to a quick start after registering 2 goals and 2 Assists in a 6-3 win over the Vancouver Canucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

OBG Welcome back buddy. I have two things to note. I tweaked your All-Star Sliders to increase hitting. I found bumping hitting assistance to 3 and Hitting power to 4 or 5 will net around 20 to 30 hits for either team on a given night which seems to be the norm for most NHL games.

Secondly, please bring back Pronger. I loved him in Blue & Yellow.
GLES - USC

Old 02-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17

Nice to see you back OBG, and I will say this, Hitchcock is far an away the best thing to happen to the Blues, I hate when the Hawks play against his fat face, good luck!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Great to see you back OBG. Look forward to following your Blues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »