Home

Explain Offline And Online Play For 2k21

This is a discussion on Explain Offline And Online Play For 2k21 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #1
MVP

Collegefbfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Explain Offline And Online Play For 2k21

I have never really been an online player. I am really interested in this game, but from what I read you only play the good modes online. Is this true? So, in career mode, am I playing AI or real people on the internet? Like in Tiger Woods, you create your golfer and play in a tournament and it’s computer AI opponents. How does this game work offline? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2020, 11:38 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Explain Offline And Online Play For 2k21

You can play an offline career mode, just as in the Tiger Woods games of the past, going up against AI. The difference is that 2K21 requires you to have an online connection to play the career mode. This is likely because 2K21 stores the courses used in the game on the server.

You can also play human opponents online in private matches, ranked matches, and in Societies, which are kind of like the old Country Clubs in TW games.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wait. You can play OFFLINE Career mode but you have to be ONLINE? What? Doesn’t that mean you’re online? Doesn’t make any sense. OFFLINE means OFFLINE, doesn’t it? So it’s not like Tiger Woods then.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart
Wait. You can play OFFLINE Career mode but you have to be ONLINE? What? Doesn’t that mean you’re online? Doesn’t make any sense. OFFLINE means OFFLINE, doesn’t it? So it’s not like Tiger Woods then.
No sports games these days really let you play offline modes without connecting to the internet. Even 2K and Madden require internet connection to get the most out of their offline modes.

To answer your question, no courses are saved locally, so you need to be connected to the internet to play
Old 09-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
I have never really been an online player. I am really interested in this game, but from what I read you only play the good modes online. Is this true? So, in career mode, am I playing AI or real people on the internet? Like in Tiger Woods, you create your golfer and play in a tournament and it’s computer AI opponents. How does this game work offline? Thanks.
When I was having internet connection problems last week, I was able to play any of the "Official" courses, PGA TOUR licensed or not, via Steam's offline mode. I don't know if all of the "Official" courses are what's being used exclusively in the career mode or not. Heck, I'll try to play career mode in offline mode just to see what happens...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
When I was having internet connection problems last week, I was able to play any of the "Official" courses, PGA TOUR licensed or not, via Steam's offline mode. I don't know if all of the "Official" courses are what's being used exclusively in the career mode or not. Heck, I'll try to play career mode in offline mode just to see what happens...
If it's the same as TGC 2019, you can't even get into career mode if you're offline. If you try to access the mode when you're disconnected, a pop up message comes up that says career mode requires an internet connection to play.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Totally disagree with the post saying “no sports games let you play offline without connecting to internet “. I currently am playing MLB The Show, NBA 2k, PES, Madden, all without an internet connection. Offline franchises in all of those games. I realize you can get more out of it by connecting, and I do connect to update, but I don’t have to have a constant connection to play a franchise. No problem, I understand it now. But to say all sports games require it is not correct.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
If it's the same as TGC 2019, you can't even get into career mode if you're offline. If you try to access the mode when you're disconnected, a pop up message comes up that says career mode requires an internet connection to play.
I just tested this out, and it is exactly the same as 2019...you cannot even enter career mode in 2K21 without an active internet connection.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 09-02-2020 at 05:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »