Home

RM PGA Tour Career Mode

This is a discussion on RM PGA Tour Career Mode within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2
RM PGA Tour Career Mode

Can someone give me the pros and cons of the Career Mode on this game? How in depth is it? Do you start in Q-School and have to work your way up? I know there are only a couple courses, does it get old, or will new DLC courses be added to the Tour Rotation?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 11:15 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: RM PGA Tour Career Mode

Can someone give me the pros and cons of the Career Mode on this game? How in depth is it? Do you start in Q-School and have to work your way up? I know there are only a couple courses, does it get old, or will new DLC courses be added to the Tour Rotation?

You play the last Web.com tour event, but it's literally impossible not to qualify for the main tour. I finished dead last int he Web.com event and they made up a scenario where I was in top 25 in money and got to move on. It's just a practice event.
The actual depth is almost non existent. No calendar, no money list, one points list. You can skip events, but you have to withdraw from them to do so.
It's rumored there's 16 tourneys, 2 on each course, but I haven't made it that far. I hope the new courses can be added in, but who knows at this point.
HUGELY disappointed.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:28 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121

You play the last Web.com tour event, but it's literally impossible not to qualify for the main tour. I finished dead last int he Web.com event and they made up a scenario where I was in top 25 in money and got to move on. It's just a practice event.
The actual depth is almost non existent. No calendar, no money list, one points list. You can skip events, but you have to withdraw from them to do so.
It's rumored there's 16 tourneys, 2 on each course, but I haven't made it that far. I hope the new courses can be added in, but who knows at this point.
HUGELY disappointed.
Requote from before release. From what I can tell, no changes in this area with release or any patches. Big open question is can the DLC course be used in career or not? I haven't seen that one answered.

"Details on 2 seasons of "simmed" Pro career:

I passed the Web.com portion and wanted to check a couple of things in the mode I am most interested in. Withdrew from the start of each tournament to move through the seasons. I don't think the withdrawals would impact any of the things I checked.

- 16 tournaments a season including the FedEx Cup progressive playoffs(which I correctly did not qualify for.)

- No special end of season wrap up

- No option to change things like courses between seasons. Concerned on what that could mean for using new courses in career mode.

- All 4 Majors are played at the same 4 courses(added for clarity) in year 1 and year 2. /sigh

- No other tournaments changed courses or their spot in the schedule.

- 16 tournaments. All in the same order and on the same courses year after year.

- No additional stat tracking after going through either 1 or 2 seasons.

Any other tour pro mode questions that this test might have answered?
"
Old 07-15-2015, 11:28 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm hoping we can add courses to season once they are DLCs.
Can you list the tourneys?
Old 07-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Just curious if I missed a setting or something, but every round I play on the PGA tour is only about 5 holes. The round will start with me on 13 and once I finish, the announcers will talk about tomorrow's round and it will then show the xp I got and the things I unlocked. The next round starts and the same thing happens. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

You have to go into the round settings and change it manually from quick play to full 18 holes
Old 07-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is as bare bones as they could have made a career mode. It is absolutely horrible to even call this a career mode. I cannot believe it took EA two years to come up with this.

This is like Ford or Chevy taking two years off from designing and manufacturing cars, then touting the new model coming out in July of 2015. Only it shows up to the dealerships missing the wheels. Then they say via Twitter or whatever that they might add the wheels in later.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #8
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar
You have to go into the round settings and change it manually from quick play to full 18 holes
Thanks for the info. Where can the round settings be found?

Edit: found it. I'm blind

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

Last edited by sarlndr; 07-16-2015 at 07:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »