Home

Golf Club Questions and Tips

This is a discussion on Golf Club Questions and Tips within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2
Golf Club Questions and Tips

I just bought Golf Club for the PS4 and I'm really liking this game. I do have a few questions.

1) I bought the Collector's Edition. What does that get me?
2) Any tips on putting would be helpful. I seem to be able to make most puts within about 12 to 15 feet, but on the longer ones I tend to leave them WAY short. How do you judge the long ones? I know I'm not going to make many of the long ones, but I should be able to leave myself with a makable second putt.
3) How do I put spin on the ball? I have looked everywhere for this and can't find it.
4) Any recommendations on courses to play? I have played two easy courses and Augusta National. Anything else I should check out, real or fictional?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Golf Club Questions and Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_u_treble
I just bought Golf Club for the PS4 and I'm really liking this game. I do have a few questions.

2) Any tips on putting would be helpful. I seem to be able to make most puts within about 12 to 15 feet, but on the longer ones I tend to leave them WAY short. How do you judge the long ones? I know I'm not going to make many of the long ones, but I should be able to leave myself with a makable second putt.
3) How do I put spin on the ball? I have looked everywhere for this and can't find it.
4) Any recommendations on courses to play? I have played two easy courses and Augusta National. Anything else I should check out, real or fictional?

Thanks in advance.
Best advice is to join the TGC Forums and become a member of the community. Lots of helpful folks.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?board=15.0

I would like to answer, but I am in a hurry to go to a friend's wedding, sorry.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 06-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Best advice is to join the TGC Forums and become a member of the community. Lots of helpful folks.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?board=15.0

I would like to answer, but I am in a hurry to go to a friend's wedding, sorry.
Maybe after the wedding you can come back and answer the questions.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_u_treble

Thanks in advance.
1) Seasons Mode and access to create/play with the Tropical Theme and Delta Theme. After playing several tournaments through TGCTours.com, I'll be honest and say that Seasons Mode is kinda boring. I'll give it a shot when I'm just practicing but probably nothing I'll come back to regularly. So far, the courses I've seen on the Tropical and Delta themes are pretty cool though.

2) Putting is just plain tough in this game. I think the toughest thing for me was just what you're describing about the distance. One important thing to know...there aren't different putters and the marker that you can move has little to no impact on the power behind your putt. Practice is really the key. As Divot mentioned, HB forums have some videos/photos that guys have posted to try to explain their technique. Once you get the hang of it, it'll start to come naturally.

3) You can't put spin on the ball. You can loft it higher to reduce the roll distance (or increase it if you cut the loft down) but there isn't a special button press to apply backspin.

4) I've played some great courses using the list on TGCTours.com. They have done a great job of weeding out some of the lower-quality courses that might be out there. Off-hand, I'd throw out Pinelakes Country Club, "Isla Madeleine Resort, São Miguel, The Azores (Lite)", and (if you want a TOUGH course) Crawford Mines Golf Club. As far as I know, those are all fictional. HB Studios also suggests course every week or two so I would guess they are near the top as well, though I don't know if I've ever played any of them. I understand where you're coming from...there are LOT of courses and trying to figure out which one can be tough.

Hope these help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »