Home

coins and pins - please explain

This is a discussion on coins and pins - please explain within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29
Question coins and pins - please explain

ok, i'm lazy, so i don't feel like trying to figure this out myseld, in-game. plus, i am a sim-style players, so i don't have THAT much interest in it.

but... in my first tourney i used a pin boost (actually 3 pin boosts - the Driver one, the All-Attributes one, and the Bonus XP one) - and now i might be hooked.

so here's what i need to know -

what is the "refresh" button with the number "5" in the box? does that mean i am "buying" something?

have you bought more pins? i read something about pin packs, but don't know where to find them, or really even what they are...

are you guys using these?

maybe someone could just explain exactly what "coins" are - and what you are using them for?

and then exactly what "pins" are, and what (and how often) they are used for?

sorry - lots of questions, but i have less time then i used to for games, and figure i would throw these questions out there while i have some computer time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: coins and pins - please explain

I haven't used a boost pin at all (I don't want to depend on them)

The coins are used to buy more packs of pins. The higher value of the pin pack means you spend more coins on them.

Coins are also used to "rent" rounds on DLC courses. If you master a DLC course you earn unlimited rounds on that course and don't have to pay real money for it.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
ok, i'm lazy, so i don't feel like trying to figure this out myseld, in-game. plus, i am a sim-style players, so i don't have THAT much interest in it.

but... in my first tourney i used a pin boost (actually 3 pin boosts - the Driver one, the All-Attributes one, and the Bonus XP one) - and now i might be hooked.

so here's what i need to know -

what is the "refresh" button with the number "5" in the box? does that mean i am "buying" something?

have you bought more pins? i read something about pin packs, but don't know where to find them, or really even what they are...

are you guys using these?

maybe someone could just explain exactly what "coins" are - and what you are using them for?

and then exactly what "pins" are, and what (and how often) they are used for?

sorry - lots of questions, but i have less time then i used to for games, and figure i would throw these questions out there while i have some computer time!
The "refresh" button you refer to are your refill pins. They allow you to add more uses to your boost pins. You're given one refill pin in the starter pack (good for 5 uses), so you can add 5 more uses to any of your pins before you have to buy more.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
I haven't used a boost pin at all (I don't want to depend on them)

The coins are used to buy more packs of pins. The higher value of the pin pack means you spend more coins on them.

Coins are also used to "rent" rounds on DLC courses. If you master a DLC course you earn unlimited rounds on that course and don't have to pay real money for it.
I use the boost pins to start with(mainly the XP one) while my golfer has so far to go on his attributes. This helps me get him leveld up quicker.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5

Any one know if there is a correlation between the purse amount and coins for live tournaments? I see the $100000000 tournament is up but under info it lists the purse in dollars and next to coins it says 0.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

GT=HFIELDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

what's the deal with "course" pins? (in a seinfeld voice)

how do you get these? what do they mean? what do they do?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't use pins either, but now that I've started PGA Tour in my career, I'm going to make sure to have some 'reduce wind' pins at the ready for those times when the game has me playing in a wind tunnel.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Course pins are individual hole pins on a course.... What they do is increase Status points for that course... You are trying to collect all 18 for each course... having more gets you a bigger bonus of status points for your round.. You can collect up to 3 per hole to achieve Gold pins...

Ex.. I have all 18 for Augusta.. My round yesterday netted me 290 Status points.. I got 110 more for a pin bonus... I just got 400 status points for one 18 hole round...

There is no other advantage to them so if you were looking for something to spend some of your coin on... buy the course pin packs... It only helps your CC...
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »