Home

PGA Tour 2K23 - Answering OS Community Questions

This is a discussion on PGA Tour 2K23 - Answering OS Community Questions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-25-2022, 08:40 AM   #33
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PGA Tour 2K23 - Answering OS Community Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
We can here, yes
But they know what they're doing by being cagey and fast and loose on things that won't show well..

It's all about getting mega preorders and the most juice right out of the gate

I'm sure many do it - doesn't mean I should like it though.

And the developers not knowing about the scoreboard thing?
I'm sorry - but we'd have to believe they are pretty dumb and uninformed to believe that to be true.

They are neither
They know about the scoreboard thing and have no way to fix it or it would have been fixed already. I think the graphics are OK and they are between a rock and a hard place because if they move off Unity the course creator and all the courses created would be affected. Hopefully I am wrong but we'll see soon enough.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:42 AM   #34
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
They know about the scoreboard thing and have no way to fix it or it would have been fixed already. I think the graphics are OK and they are between a rock and a hard place because if they move off Unity the course creator and all the courses created would be affected. Hopefully I am wrong but we'll see soon enough.
If true, I honestly wish they would have just said that, instead of the whole "not understanding it" thing. Instead, how they responded comes off as though they are being purposefully evasive about it, or I guess that they really don't know - and if that second part is true, that would mean there's some odd stuff going on between 2K Support and the devs in terms of sharing info. I mean, there are other possibilities of why the devs Chase talked to didn't understand or know of the issue, but everything around this career mode scoreboard issue comes off weird and uncomfortable.

As for the graphics part...each reaction video I saw that was done by someone who uses the designer had a comment in there about the fact that some trees are "re-done" in 2K23, and they have concerns that courses that get ported over from 2K21 will look off due to this, as some trees will not look the same in the new game.

Perhaps this is just a small way they are setting everyone up to know that graphical changes need to be made, so get ready to not have your courses work/look the same from one game to the next?

Just some conjecture on my part...
Old 08-25-2022, 10:00 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Well that's just wonderful. That answer of no couch co-op using created career golfers, combined with the graphics that look the same means at best now I will be (maybe) buying the standard version. Mostly because my wife will expect it as she loves to play the 2K game.

But I will go all in on supporting the competition. I'll bet EA's game will have vastly better graphics and allow us to play against one another using our created golfers, although I suppose at least the latter could be me getting a bit ahead of myself.

Just really, really, really disappointing, especially since they say they know about this and it has been this way since this was just The Golf Club years and years ago.

They act as if they really care about the community, and maybe my wife and I are one of the few who play together, but honestly this was one of the most disappointing interviews I have read on OS in a long, long time. WOW.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2022, 10:18 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well that's just wonderful. That answer of no couch co-op using created career golfers, combined with the graphics that look the same means at best now I will be (maybe) buying the standard version. Mostly because my wife will expect it as she loves to play the 2K game.

But I will go all in on supporting the competition. I'll bet EA's game will have vastly better graphics and allow us to play against one another using our created golfers, although I suppose at least the latter could be me getting a bit ahead of myself.

Just really, really, really disappointing, especially since they say they know about this and it has been this way since this was just The Golf Club years and years ago.

They act as if they really care about the community, and maybe my wife and I are one of the few who play together, but honestly this was one of the most disappointing interviews I have read on OS in a long, long time. WOW.

EA will DEFINITELY let you play as say your custom golfer against your wife’s custom golfer for example, been a part of that series for YEARS.

Also yes, graphics are going to be insane on that game.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 08-25-2022, 10:34 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did CrazyCanuck (or whoever did that video about his time with game) say Tiger Woods was not motion captured? He did say Colin Morikawa was and said swings looked good. Seems odd they wouldn't motion capture Tiger!

I don't play as the pros anyway so not a huge deal for me one way or other but that just really surprised me.

My general takeaway from all the info is the game will be good (but maybe not revolutionary....just a solid game of golf). It sounds like it is similar to 2K21 gameplay with added elements (3 click option,
archetypes, skills, leveling players, a few new courses, slightly better graphics, playable pros).

The big questions for me are still the leaderboard glitch and if courses really can be changed out in career mode (Seems conflicting info here).
Old 08-25-2022, 10:38 AM   #38
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
Did CrazyCanuck (or whoever did that video about his time with game) say Tiger Woods was not motion captured? He did say Colin Morikawa was and said swings looked good. Seems odd they wouldn't motion capture Tiger!

I don't play as the pros anyway so not a huge deal for me one way or other but that just really surprised me.

My general takeaway from all the info is the game will be good (but maybe not revolutionary....just a solid game of golf). It sounds like it is similar to 2K21 gameplay with added elements (3 click option,
archetypes, skills, leveling players, a few new courses, slightly better graphics, playable pros).

The big questions for me are still the leaderboard glitch and if courses really can be changed out in career mode (Seems conflicting info here).
Yes, he said some pros, like Morikawa, were mo-capped, but not all. And Tiger was one he specifically said was not mo-capped. I wonder if it had to do with his injury and such. But yeah, it does seem odd that TW, the big selling point of 2K23, would not have his swing captured and used in the game.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:50 AM   #39
Rookie

Thank you Chase for saving me $60. No fix to the scoreboard glitch, no money from me.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:19 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't know anything about programming but I’d have thought it pretty easy to fix the scoreboard glitch. Seems daft to go on about 'leaderboards' in the trailers and then not fix it. We don't really know yet. I agree with those who have said that they would like a lot more stats in career mode but I think the chances of it happening are very low to nil. Reliable ones anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »