Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #8001

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

We're a team that likes scoring 5 goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #8002
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I had some "big" offers come in from Tippeligaen teams for two young players who have potential to be stars, but are just rotation players right now. 50k for one, and 45k for the other. I didn't want to accept the offers, but we need the money. So I did. Then they both turned down the moves. That is the first time I've ever had a young player opt to stay when a bigger club comes calling.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #8003

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

more and more I don't want to do an England save this year

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballman...to_the_bosman/
Old 11-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #8004
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Not too bad. Way better than I expected. However this is just the mid season break. It could go down hill after the month off. Fingers crossed!

Old 11-09-2016, 03:38 AM   #8005
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

I played a lot of FM tonight watching the election coverage.

Very good season. Way better than I expected. We finished in 2nd to gain auto promotion to the top flight. No final day drama this time though. It was locked up 3 games before.

And we turned pro, and are no longer in the red. This will be interesting next season. I'm pretty sure this squad wont be able to stay up. So I'll have to bring in some players. I think the best we can do next season is mid table. But I'm sure we probably be in a relegation battle. After having two great seasons back to back, the game wont let me have a third.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #8006
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

How to go from 2nd to 12th in 9 league games

Edit: 2nd to 16th

Last edited by Kobalt; 11-09-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 PM   #8007
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Finished my first season at Spurs. Finished in a very appropriate away. 2nd place. Behind Arsenal, on goal difference.

A couple interesting things from around the league: Watford proved their hot start was a trend; they will be in the Champions League next year! United fired Mourinho after the season, and Chelsea fired Conte in like February (they then hired Van Gaal).

Only lost once in the league in the final 3 months of the season, 6-2-1, but Arsenal was just as good. I was in first for about a month, but Arsenal came back and got level with me. I kept winning, and they kept pace with me each step of the way.

This was cool, though:

I honestly don't think I've ever won a Cup before, I never really prioritized them. But my team this year had really good depth. Particularly after I brought Pulisic in at the January window.

Here was my road to the FA Cup:

Harry Kane was out for a pretty large chunk of the season, so I relied on contributions from all over the lineup. Here were my final goal+assist stats

Like I said, my depth is really solid, so as long as I don't lose anybody, I'm really going to focus on bringing in some youth players I've been scouting throughout the year. Might bring in a rotation striker, Janssen didn't impress me too much this season.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 11-09-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:11 AM   #8008
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

I just ran into a bug that has ruined my save. And I'm pretty pissed off about it. After we secured promotion end of last season, at the end of season team meeting I said we will bring in a few new faces to help us stay up. Everyone was happy about this. And so this added six promises to strengthen the squad for six of my first team players. Not a big deal, right?

Well I did. I ended up breaking the teams finances in doing so. Bringing in players that were clearly better than anyone from the previous season. And these promises didn't get fulfilled for some reason. And now all six are pissed off. And complaining to the rest of the team. And everyone has taken their side. And now now everyone's moral is in the toilet. And players happiness says they have lost trust in me. And we are losing every game. This is bull****. And now the board is telling me my job is under review because of squad harmony issues.

I mean, I just kept bringing people in expecting them to be fulfilled. 13 players in total. Nothing. I have an entirely new starting 11! **** this bug!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »