Home

One Moore Time, A Coaching Career on NCAA14

This is a discussion on One Moore Time, A Coaching Career on NCAA14 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
One Moore Time, A Coaching Career on NCAA14

Intro

For many of you my username might look familiar. I have been around the boards since 2007, starting with College Hoops. Career changes and new hobbies took me away from posting threads the past couple of years, but with snow piling up outside and yet another job change, and the fact that I have come to realize we will never get College Football or Basketball on the XBOX One, has led me to bring the 360 out of retirement. "One Moore Time".

I am old school (probably cause I am old, 42 this Feb) so don't expect to see lots of great graphics with Photoshop and capture cards and what not. This tread will be pretty basic, but I have found that it's become impossible for me to be able to play a coaching dynasty without sharing it with someone. I will try my best to give you enough info to feel like you can be invested and feel its worth you time to stop, read and follow along.

Settings

Roster
I downloaded Vikesfan roster which appears to be from 2016. I will be simming the first season and then announcing the coach I have created that will be the focus of this tread.

Recruting

I can recruiting anyone who has my current team interest at a Top-5 team regardless of location at the start of the season.

I can recruit anyone who is a 3* or less if they are in a Pipeline State and I can recruit 1 and 2* recruits if they are in neighboring states in which I am trying to setup as Pipeline states.

I can recruit 2 players regardless of position/interest or location after Week 7 if they have not current scholarship offers.

Player scouting will the following week of a players visit to the campus.

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS
It's been 2 years since I have played this game, on a regular basis, so I will most likely be looking at current threads to build my slider and gameplay settings from, to give me a challenging game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Re: One Moore Time, A Coaching Career on NCAA14

RECAP

The Broncos entered 2016 with high expectations after a disappointing 9-4 finish in 2015 which saw the Broncos finish just 5-3 in the the Mountain West Conference. A 55-7 win over Northern Illinois in the Poinsettia Bowl, with FR QB B. Rypien and "MCWeapon" J. McNichols leading the way.

The question however that loomed in all Broncos fans was how well would the offense be with Coach Harsin deploying yet his 3rd OC in as many years.

Former OC Mike Sanford left Boise State after the 2014 season taking the OC job at Notre Dame. Harsin brought in Eli Drinkwitz for the 2015 season but not only did he only stay 1 year, but he took QB Ryan Finely with him to NC State after Finley lost his starting job to Rypien mid season.

Now going into 2016 it was Zach Hill joining the staff after serving at Eastern Washington the previous 7 seasons. I was a interesting choice, because rumor was Hill was all ready committed to Hawaii to be their next OC.. So the question was how long would Hill stay in Boise.

The Broncos started the year off with a trip to Seattle to face former HC Chris Peterson and the Washington Huskies, where any chance of a perfect season was put to an end with the Huskies dominating the Broncos on both sides of the ball pulling off the (35-7) victory.

In Week 2, the Broncos headed home to face instate Rival Idaho, and Coach Hill's offense shined as Boise State dominated win a (51-21) win.

The Broncos then reeled off 5 more wins to improve to 6-1, but a Week 9 loss to BYU (31-23) put the end of any thoughts of a Fiesta Bowl and then they followed it up with a very disappointing (17-14) loss to Colorado State.

At 6-3, fans were calling for Harsin's head and so far Zach Hill wasn't a fan favorite either, but 3 straight wins including a huge (45-7) win over San Diego State put the Broncos into the MWC Championship game at (9-3) with a rematch against the Aztecs.

San Diego State came out and scored the first 2 TD's of the game and led at the half (14-7), but 2 late 4th Quarter TD's by Rypien give the Broncos the win and yet another trip to the Las Vegas Bowl.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

2016 BOWL RECAP

With Coach Hill's offense finally clicking in with Rypien and McNichols, the Broncos dominated the first half of the bowl game, with Rypien throwing 3 TD's and rushing for another as the Broncos lead (28-14).

Oregon would score on the opening drive to make it (28-21) at the end of the 3rd, but the Broncos stepped on both ends of the ball in the 4th scoring 2 more TD's well shutting out the Ducks for a (42-21) win.

For the season, the Broncos finish 11-3 (8-1 MWC) and the Offense despite it's growing pains finished #3 in the Nation in total yards and #2 in passing yards as Rypien proves he has NFL petagree with 3848 yards 29 TD and 8 INT.

Despite many rumors that RB "McWeapon" Jermey McNichols was going to go Pro after his 1000 yrd and 1800 all purpose yard season with 19 TD's, the Junior chose to return.

However not all would be returning, as Coach Hill announces that he is leaving Boise State after just 1 season to take the head coaching job at New Mexico State.

Leaving Coach Harsin looking for a 4th OC in as many seasons.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

#11 IS RETURNING TO BOISE!!!!

After leaving the Boise State with a 50-3 Overall record, Kellen Moore's NFL career has been a roller coaster of success. Undrafted, Moore signed a F.A. deal with the Detroit Lions. However after 2 seasons of being on the practice squad,Moore followed former Lions OC Scott Linehan to Dallas.

2015 looked to be Moore's chance for playing time after Tony Romo broke his collar bone, but Moore would just manage to see action in 3 games including 3 starts where he would throw for 779 yds, 4 TD's and 6 INT's.

A injury setback in 2016, led way for Rookie Drake Prescott to take the the reigns as the Cowboys next star QB, with Moore likely spending the rest of his career as a backup rotating between the active and practice roster.

But in the fantasy world of the Operation Sports Forums, a different future is instake for Kellen Moore. As he instead returns to Boise State to take over as the OC for the 2017 season.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

2017 PREVIEW

The Harsin/Moore era of Boise State football should get off to a decent start as the Broncos land the #25 Overall Recruiting Class with a total of 20 players (4-4*,11-3* and 5-2*) committing to the Blue.

Headlining the class is 4-4* prospects including 2 instate locals and maybe the Broncos future QB?

DT Derek Sutherland comes in as the most highly rated. (78 Overall) out of Sandpoint Idaho. The Broncos are super deep at the tackle position with JR David Moa (81), SR A. Silsby(80), and a pair of RS FR S. Lui (79) and C. Weaver (74) returning, so Sutherland will most likely redshirt this season and look to challenge Lui for a starting job in 2018.

CB Avery Williams comes in rated 78 Overall. A former RB/CB in high school, Williams will suit up as a DB for the Broncos as a starter in 2017, but even more importantly he will also be the primary return man on punts (96 speed and 96 ACC) and secondary on kickoffs with "McWeapon"

6'4 215 llb Marcus Lee came to Boise without a position. The former QB/RB/WR from Cheyenne, was recruited because Coach Harsin didn't want to face him as a Cowboy for the next 4 years. His pitch to Lee was trust me we will find you a spot to play. Well after alot of debate, the former 4* ended up with #85 as he will look to replace school record breaker Thomas Sperbeck in the starting lineup opposite SR C. Wilson in 2017. (Lee was rated a 81 at all 3 positions)

5'11 Luke Colllins like Lee played multiple positions through his career at Sky View High in Nampa Idaho, including 2 seasons under center. Dreaming of following in the footsteps of Kellen Moore and playing QB at BSU was a dream of Collins and now it looks like it could be a reality as Harsin and Moore agree Collins will enter the 2017 season as the backup to starter M. Rypien. He comes in as a 77 Overall with 86 SPD,82 THP and 78 THA

BRONCOS ANNOUNCE 2017 SCHEDULE

**(I originally was going to try and duplicate the real life schedule, but I could get it to work so instead I went with a mix of past and future stuff that will come into play)**

The Broncos will kickoff the Coach Moore era in the National Spotlight with a matchup vs #18 Ole Miss in the Chick Fil A Kickoff game.

The Broncos home opener will be against Former OC Zach Hill and the New Mexico State Aggies on (9/13)

The Broncos will then have a rematch game vs Coach Peterson and the #4 Washington Huskies on 9/20 as well as a home game vs Rival BYU on Oct 11th.

Boise State will kickoff MWC play with 3 straight home games vs Colorado State (9/27), Fresno State (10/18) and San Diego State (10/25), then they will play 3 straight away games @ New Mexico (11/1), @ Nevada (11/8) @ Wyoming (11/15) before returning home to face Utah State (11/22). They close on regular season play @ Air Force on 11/29.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 05:25 PM   #6
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Following. Been getting the itch to do some football for the first time in many years, looking forward to seeing how your squad does.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
MVP

Maize08's Arena

OVR: 6

Following, good luck with the Broncos.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Following. Been getting the itch to do some football for the first time in many years, looking forward to seeing how your squad does.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
College Hoops was and always will be my first love, but College Football is a close 2nd. I have been sick all weekend so for the past 3 days all I have been doing is watching bowl games along with some college hoops. So being how the 360 was already fired up with some CH2K8 in it figured I could dust of the NCAA14 as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »