Home

Old 09-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

OVR: 0
The Rise (NCAA 14)

The Rise: The Career of A.J. Jackson
Act I - Army Offensive Coordinator

The triple option offense has had its success in college football, but it hasn't been national title good. Coach A.J. Jackson is the next big mind in the option offense. He has followed his mentor finally to Army West Point in Jeff Monken. While Monken has been at Army since 2014 with little success, a former coach has been called to help try to fix up Army's option look.

Jackson is the newest offensive coordinator at West Point, trying to resurrect a team that was 2-10 a year ago and hasn't defeated bitter rival Navy since 2001. Jackson comes to the Army program from Georgia Southern.

Jackson's first stop on the college latter is to be an offensive coordinator under Monken, but if he succeeds, we may see a new school running the option offense in big time college football. While the challenge will be tough, Jackson knows how to beat the big boys after standing on the sidelines as an assistant at Georgia Southern since 2011.

Finally, thank you all that do dynasties - everything here is fictional and is for entertainment only. NCAA14forever

Last edited by Iron Dragon; 01-07-2019 at 01:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

Re: The Rise

Progression Rules
*Tweaked mainly from Hellisan's custom rules (which is an awesome idea), with my own edits.

Every player on what team I coach on will receive a "Work Ethic" rating - from 40 to 99. For example, the 200th rated WR in the country could come to my program as a 57 OVR, but gets graced with a 95 WE rating and in the first offseason, he could bloom up an entire 11 OVR points. Meanwhile, a four-star recruit that other schools have avoided may come to us as a 77 OVR but if he's tabbed with a 40 WE rating - he could leave the program as someone who rode the bench to a 65 OVR senior. This makes progression and regression so more in-depth than players just increasing 3-6 points every year.

Each player also gets assigned a trait grade - 1 to 4 - these will decide how they progress/regress. 1 - physical attributes (strength/agility etc.), 2 - awareness (prc/release/route running etc.) 3 - position skills based (catching, cit for WRs for example) 4 - all-around (the player trains everything)

Offseason Progression based on Work Ethic Rating
(WORK ETHIC RANGE)- IMPROVEMENT RANGE

(40-45) -5 to 4
(46-50) -4 to 4
(51-55) -4 to 5
(56-60) -3 to 5
(61-65) -3 to 6
(66-70) -3 to 7
(71-75) -2 to 7
(76-80) -2 to 8
(81-85) -1 to 9
(86-90) 0 to 10
(91-95) 1 to 11
(96-99) 2 to 12

Work Ethic Boosts
A player will receive a +15 rating boost if they win the Heisman.
A player will receive at +10 rating boost if they win any other award.
A player will receive a +8 rating boost for being an NCAA 1st Team AA, +6 for 2nd Team, and +3 for Freshman AA.
A player will receive a +2 rating boost for All-Conference 1st-Team and +1 for 2nd Team.
A player will lose -1 work ethic rating for each week if they are suspended. If a player is suspended for the season, they will lose 20 to their work ethic rating.

There will be also random discipline roles based on JMocks' creator - some seasons we may have 0 suspensions, other seasons as many as 5. Luck of the draw.

There is also various other behind-the-scenes things that will be done (ex. taking a job at a new school and seeing the top 2 QBs walk-out since they are pocket passers - or the top RB leaves because they don't wish to play in a new system etc.)

House Rules
The dynasty begins at a service academy (Army), for this school:

1. No redshirts

2. No players over 280lbs on the roster - any recruits found to be over 280lbs will go under the academy's training process to reduce them to a playing weight. For every 5lbs the player must lose, they will lose 1pt towards their strength and impact blocking, if it a defensive player - they will lose 1pt towards strength and power moves. For each 10lbs a player must lose, they will gain .5 attribute points towards speed, 1 pt towards acceleration, and 1 pt towards stamina.

3. If I take a position at a different academy or return to Army later in my coaching career, I must assume any redshirted players are a year ahead of their game year. Therefore if the team has any redshirt juniors, they will be cut prior to my first season at the school.

4. As an offensive coordinator, I am only allowed to scout 10 players - all offensive only - max 2 athletes but they have to be offensive-based. I must leave half the school's allotted points to the CPU and cannot make scholarship offers to defensive players - up to the CPU.

5. As an offensive coordinator, I am not allowed to take a job more than one-star higher than my current school. I must spend at least two seasons at a job (the Todd Graham rule) unless I am fired or the head coach I am under takes a new job and I am offered the same position at the new school.

6. I am acting as a triple option based coordinator, at least 80% of my playbook must be flexbone etc. style formations.

Last edited by Iron Dragon; 01-10-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

Coach Profile
Stats as of End of 2017

Coach A.J. Jackson
Record as Head Coach: 0-0
Record as Offensive Coordinator: 16-10
Conference Championships: 0
National Championships: 0
Bowl Record: 1-1
Alma Mater: Georgia Tech

Offensive Playbook - End of 2017
Flexbone - Close
Flexbone - Wing X
Flexbone - Wing Z
Flexbone - Tackle Over
Flexbone - Tight
Flexbone - Trio Right
Flexbone - Trips Left
Flexbone - Trips Right
Flexbone - Wing Trips
Goal Line - Normal
Maryland I - Heavy
Pistol - Flexbone Slot
Pistol - Flexbone Trips
Pistol - Full House (3 RB)
Pistol - Train (2 RB)
Power I - Strong (3 RB)
Shotgun - F Twins Over
Split Backs - Army Split
Split Backs - Army Pro
Wingbone - Normal
Wingbone - Split X
Wingbone - Split Z
Wingbone - Trips
Wingbone - Twins
Wishbone - Tight
Wishbone - Wide

Coaching History
2016-present: Army Offensive Coordinator
2013-2015: Georgia Southern Offensive Assistant/Runningback Coach
2011-2012: Georgia Southern Conditioning/Offensive Assistant
2010: Georgia Tech Runningback Coach
2008-2009: Georgia Tech Graduate Assistant

Last edited by Iron Dragon; 08-11-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

NCAA Dynasty History

Spoiler

Last edited by Iron Dragon; 08-13-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

Monken introduces new offensive coordinator

WEST POINT, NY --- Entering his third season as Army West Point head coach and coming off a 2-10 season, Army head coach Jeff Monken announced today the hiring of A.J. Jackson, a former assistant of Georgia Southern since 2013, to the offensive coordinator position.

Jackson has been a coach in the triple option offense throughout his career, spending most of his young coaching career at Georgia Southern as an assistant and runningback coach.

Jackson was an assistant to coach Monken in 2013 at Georgia Southern. Monken was 38-16 in 4 seasons at Georgia Southern but is just 6-18 in his first two seasons at Army. Army has not beaten rival Navy since 2001. Jackson hopes to breathe new life into the familiar triple option attack.

"It'll be more of the same, but why can't a team like this be more up-tempo and more spread out? The defense knows we're going to run 90% of the time, we've just got to modernize the option attack", Jackson told local news reporters. "We have to keep our opponents on their toes."

Jackson hopes to install an offense that can run more shovel and lateral screens to get his best players out in space, while still running the traditional flexbone offense.

Offensive Playbook - Start of 2016
Flexbone - Close
Flexbone - Wing X
Flexbone - Wing Z
Flexbone - Tackle Over
Flexbone - Tight
Flexbone - Trio Right
Flexbone - Trips Left
Flexbone - Trips Right
Flexbone - Wing Trips
Goal Line - Normal
Maryland I - Heavy
Pistol - Flexbone Slot
Pistol - Flexbone Trips
Pistol - Full House (3 RB)
Pistol - Train (2 RB)
Power I - Strong (3 RB)
Shotgun - F Twins Over
Split Backs - Army Split
Split Backs - Army Pro
Wingbone - Normal
Wingbone - Split X
Wingbone - Split Z
Wingbone - Trips
Wingbone - Twins
Wishbone - Tight
Wishbone - Wide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

2016 DEPTH CHART/SCHEDULE

Army West Point has unveiled its season opening offensive Depth Chart for its season opener against Temple.

QB Ahmad Bradshaw has been given the advantage at QB over Chris Carter. Coach Jackson states that both QBs will most likely be used in some way in all games this season. Jordan Asberry, Tyler Campbell, and Andy Davidson will be the primary RBs/FBs this season, but there should be plenty of rotation. Freshman runningback Kell Walker is a player that excites the staff, as he is seen to have the best recieving ability of the running backs on the roster.

If the Black Knights need to pass, they will surely try to find senior WR Edgar Poe. Poe had 16 receptions for 442 yards and six touchdowns last season. Poe should be the main recieving threat on the roster. The quick but undersized offensive line is led by all upperclassmen - with a pair of seniors holding down the left side.

ARMY 2016 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
at Temple
at UTEP
vs Rice
at Buffalo
vs North Texas
at Duke
at Wake Forest
vs Air Force
vs Texas State
vs Eastern Michigan
Notre Dame (Shamrock Series - in Alamodome - San Antonio, TX)
#BeatNavy (in Philadelphia, PA)
*Note: Army is scheduled for 2 FCS teams, so there was minor shifting in the schedule, as well as scheduling Eastern Michigan and Texas State instead of FCS competition.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:12 PM   #7
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

"Hello darkness my old friend."

Welcome back, glad to see you here bud
Old 09-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Very happy to see you posting another dynasty my friend. Your Tulane dynasty years ago actually inspired me to do my own.

Very interested to see where this Army storyline takes us. I've always been intrigued by the military academies.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »