Home

While I Breathe, I Hope | A South Carolina Dynasty

This is a discussion on While I Breathe, I Hope | A South Carolina Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

OVR: 0
While I Breathe, I Hope | A South Carolina Dynasty

South Carolina Gamecocks Football
  • Dynasty Rules
  • Game: NCAA Football 14
  • Platform: Xbox 360
  • Sliders: SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders
  • Rosters: NCAA 14 OS Community Rosters
  • Difficulty: Heisman
  • Quarter Length: 8 minutes

University of South Carolina
  • Established: 1801
  • Provost: Joan T. Gabel
  • President: Harris Pastides
  • Athletics Director: Ray Tanner
  • Colors: Garnet and Black
  • Football stadium: Williams-Brice Stadium
  • Stadium Capacity: 80, 250
  • Fight Song: The Fighting Gamecocks Lead The Way
  • Marching Band: Mighty Sound of the Southeast
  • Conference: SEC
  • Division: East
  • All-Time Record: 587-561-44
  • Postseason Record: 8-12 (.400)
  • National Championships: 0
  • Conference Championships: 2
  • Heisman Winners: 1 - George Rogers (1980)
  • Consensus All - Americans: 4
  • Rivals: Clemson, Georgia

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

Re: While I Breathe, I Hope | A South Carolina Dynasty

PAST SEASONS
Old 03-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

RIVALS
Old 03-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

RECRUITING
Old 03-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

AWARD WINNERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

Josh Buchannon pegged to replace Steve Spurrier as head man in Columbia

Columbia, SC -- South Carolina wasted no time in hiring their next head football coach, as they got their man late Saturday night. The Gamecocks reportedly have signed former LSU quarterback and Florida Atlantic head coach Josh Buchannon. At only 34 years of age, Buchannon becomes the youngest head coach in big time college football, but don't let his age fool you. He has been groomed for a job like this since he was a quarterback at LSU from 1998-2002. As a quarterback working under two of the best coaches in the game, Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher, it's hard to not be ready for something like this.

"Those guys helped me immensely, being around two guys who are so meticulous with everything they do, I think it will really help me run our program in a way that will allow us to use everything at our disposal to win games." The newly-minted USC head man said during his press conference this morning.

While he was an understudy and two year starter at quarterback under Fisher and Saban, his offense is nothing like that. After coming up the ranks as a G.A. at West Virginia from 2003 until 2005 under Rich Rodriguez, and working as a quality control assistant at Florida under Urban Meyer in 2006, Buchannon has created his own hybrid type of spread offense.

In two years as head coach at FAU, Buchannon's teams averaged 43 points per game and 476 yards per game, making the Owls one of the most dangerous teams in the country. Leading the Owls to a ten win season in 2014, he was one of the hottest coaching commodities in the country, having almost every school with a job opening this past December come after him. He turned down all of those jobs and was set to stay with the Owls for at least another season.

But a call from South Carolina, and Steve Spurrier, were too much to pass up.

"When you get a call from Steve Spurrier, and he wants you to replace him, I mean... how can you say no to that? It's pretty tough to do that. And when your father played with him and when Coach Spurrier has been someone you lean on and call for advice, well, it's damn near impossible to say no." Buchannon said when asked about leaving at a peculiar time for coaches to leave.

"Coach Spurrier has been one of the greats in our game, and has built something special here that I plan to help build upon. He laid the ground work for me, and I'm ready to begin winning football games here in Columbia. The fact that him and Ray Tanner, who is someone else I have a great deal of respect for, decided to ask me to lead this program means a lot to me, and I'm not going to let them down."

South Carolina begins fall practice in 6 weeks, and open their season in Charlotte against North Carolina on September 3rd.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #7
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

Writer's note: This is a dynasty that I was running on another site and wanted to share over here as well. Going to be incorporating some video stuff into it, mostly highlights of games, and maybe I'll have some fun with recruits and such as well.

Thanks for reading, and I will be diving into this more fully pretty soon. Peace!
Old 03-23-2016, 07:32 PM   #8
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

Buchannon names starting QB, Gamecocks will wear white at home

Columbia, SC -- New South Carolina head coach Josh Bucannon has named freshman Lorenzo Nunez as his team's starting quarterback, after beating out Junior Connor Mitch in a three week long battle.

"I just love the added dimension Lo brings to the table as far as running the ball. You're going to see a lot of pistol, shotgun looks from us and we are going to take every opportunity to use all of his tools to keep defenses off guard." Buchannon said at his weekly press conference. "Getting him out in space causes problems for our defense in practice, so I can't wait to see what he will be able to do in a live game."

Nunez was a four-star recruit according to 247Sports, as he was rated the country's tenth best dual-threat quarterback in their industry composite average rating system. He enrolled in the spring term and spent spring ball playing under Steve Spurrier.

"Learning from him was tremendous for my growth. He just knows all sorts of little knicks and knacks about the game that give you a leg up on anyone else. He always told me I could win this job as a first year guy, he always believed in me." Nunez said to reporters after practice on Monday. "It sucks to see him leave, but just knowing that he wanted me to play quarterback for him means a lot. And Coach Buchannon is like family to Coach Spurrier, so we are in great hands."

Buchannon also shared some information with the media that USC will change up their look, just a little bit.

"We have decided that we would wear white on white at home, a variation of a white top and red or black bottoms on the road, and wear red on special occasions, such as homecoming or Senior-day." Buchannon said at the start of his press conference. The LSU-grad had to answer questions regarding if this was copying his Alma mater.

"No. It is not. I just love the look of it, and white jerseys are a little cooler when it comes to temperature on the field. The players really responded to it, and Under Armour has been great working with us and our athletes to create a jersey that looks good and is comfortable to wear on the field."

South Carolina finishes up its fall camp next week, and starts the preparation for the North Carolina Tar Heels in Charlotte, NC on Thursday, September 3rd.

Video: Lorenzo Nunez Spring Game Highlights

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »