Home

The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14)

Introduction
Hey everybody. I finally decided that I wanted to take a crack at doing a dynasty story. I love this game alot and I am always looking for new ways to make it even more interesting. Credit for this idea goes to everyone who has ever created a dynasty story but I admit I lean towards people like Matt10, Hellisan, LopaKa, and Deuce for inspiration.

So the premise of this dynasty career is around the coaching career of Graham Harrell, One of the best QB's Texas Tech has ever had. Everything about his life will be true up to this point. After that I will make him into a character that fits into the story. My goal is to still be interested after at least 6+ Seasons. (Five is the most I've done without getting bored). I will not play any games in his first season and will recruit very little. I hope Y'all enjoy this and if anyone has any suggestions for me, please feel free to post it.

Console:
XBOX360
Settings:
Heisman Difficulty, 8 Min Quarters
Rosters:
Buff eyes rosters
Sliders:
A combo of Buff Eyes and the OS community
Recruiting Rules:
Three Star schools and under, I will only recruit kids who are interested in me and have to be in their top 5. After week 7 I can only attempt to recruit one kid who has no scholarship offers and no interest in any other schools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
Master of Disguise

Re: The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell. (NCAA 14)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Feel free to post now!

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 06-02-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Master of Disguise

About Graham Harrell

Graham Stanton Harrell (born May 22, 1985 in Brownwood, Tx) is a former American football quarterback. He played college football at Texas Tech University, where he was an All-American quarterback and set school, conference and national records for passing yards, attempts, completions, and touchdown passes. Harrell was signed into the National Football League in 2010 by the Green Bay Packers. He was also a member the New York Jets.

Harrell played at Ennis High School in Ennis, Texas, where he was coached by his father, Sam Harrell. He was the starting quarterback for three seasons and led the Ennis High Fighting Lions to a state Class 4A title as a sophomore. He also played in the 2004 Oil Bowl, receiving the offensive MVP award.

Entering his senior season at Texas Tech University, Harrell had 89 career passing touchdowns, putting him within range of Colt Brennan's NCAA record of 131 touchdowns. Before the beginning of his final season, CBS Sports listed Harrell as a Heisman hopeful. Harrell was also named one of 26 candidates for the 2008 Unitas Award, given to the nation's best senior college football quarterback. Additionally, his name appeared among 30 other quarterbacks in the Davey O'Brien Award watch list. In the final regular season game against Baylor, Harrell shattered two of his fingers (the pinkie and middle finger) of his non-throwing hand during the second quarter. At halftime, Harrell's hand was x-rayed, and medical examiners advised Harrell to discontinue playing in the game. Harrell replied, "Tape my hand up. I'm going out." Harrell played the rest of the game with black tape around his fingers. He finished with 309 total passing yards and two touchdowns. With the victory, Tech clinched a share of the Big 12 South title, though fell short at going to the Big 12 Championship Game. The University of Texas was selected to take the Big 12's BCS at large bid, while Tech was relegated to the Cotton Bowl and then to add insult to injury, Harrell was not selected to attend the Heisman Ceremony despite having more touchdown passes than both Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow, having a higher completion percentage than Tebow and Sam Bradford, and having more passing yards than all three candidates. On the day following the Baylor game, Harrell underwent a four-hour surgery, in which 17 pins and two plates were inserted into his injured hand to heal nine different breaks. He was later cleared to play in the postseason bowl game. On October 25, 2008, Graham Harrell passed Philip Rivers to move into sole possession of third place for passing yardage in a career. On November 22, 2008, Harrell passed Ty Detmer to move into second for passing yardage in a career behind Timmy Chang. On January 2, 2009, Harrell played his final collegiate game, a 34-47 loss to Ole Miss in the 2009 AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic. In the game, Harrell finished his college career with an NCAA all-time record of 134 passing touchdowns, breaking the previous mark of 131 set by Colt Brennan. He also equaled Brennan's record of 147 career touchdowns passing, rushing, and receiving, a record that would be broken the following year by Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour. Harrell also compiled 5,111 passing yards in the season, becoming the first NCAA player to post multiple 5,000-yard passing seasons.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
Master of Disguise

Former Star QB Joins WSU Staff

Pullman, WA-Its a Red Raider reunion!

Former Texas Tech and Green Bay Packer QB, Graham Harrell reunites with former college coach Mike Leach. "We are very excited to have Graham here" said Coach Leach. "I believe he will be essential to our program, he was a great college player and has experience in the pros. My hope is that he will be able to help these kids grow and play even better"

Harrell will be joining the WSU staff as a QB coach, assisting Coach Leach who doubles as the offensive coordinator, and assistant recruiting coordinator with a focus on offense.

Harrell who was in Lubbock for a Texas Tech alum charity event tweeted:
"Excited to join the WSU staff!! Lets go Cougs!

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 05-27-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Master of Disguise

March 1, 2013

I can't believe I am actually writing in this stupid journal. My finance gave it to me as a "congratulations" present and told me all the "best coaches do it"... Yeah right. But since I can't say no to those baby blues I'll do my best to keep up with this.

So where to begin... My name is Graham Harrell, and I am now a QB coach and assistant recruiting coordinator at Washington State university. Its pretty cool and exciting, I get to start my coaching career under my former college coach Mike Leach. I wonder if he will go easier on me now that I am in his 'circle"... Probably not. But this is an amazing opportunity and it'd give me a chance to gain some experience as a coach.

I haven't had an opportunity to meet the team and the other coaches. I did meet with Connor and Austin, the two QB's on this team the other day. They are both great kids and I can't wait to work with them. They helped my fiance and I move into our apartment during the rain. Damn it rains a lot here... I am definitely not in West Texas anymore... to much green.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
Master of Disguise

Offense shines in Annual Crimson and Grey Game

Pullman,WA-Excitement is everywhere in the town of Pullman. The Washington State University Cougars had their annual Crimson and Grey spring game and Coach Leach gave the fans plenty to cheer about.

Junior QB Connor Halliday had a excellent day throwing for 325 yards and four TD's connecting with Junior WR Rickey Galvin on two of those touchdowns.

"Rickey, Gabe and I have been working since the end of the season last year" Halliday said. "We wanted to work on our chemistry and precision and I think that extra practice showed today"

Backup redshirt Freshmen QB Austin Apodaca was no slouch either throwing for 243 yards, 2 TD's and 1 interception.

"I know I still have a lot I need to learn", Apodaca said. "But I feel that I have grown a lot already and have yet to reach my potential".

New QB's coach, Graham Harrell's impact has already been felt as both QB's have much improved vision, accuracy and pocket presence. "Both kids did extremely well today" Harrell said, "We still have a lot of room for improvement but I am excited with the steps we have taken today."

Running Backs Marcus Mason and Teondray Caldwell ran for a combined 115 yards with a rushing score and a receiving score.

On the other side of the ball, the defense struggled mightily with the exception of Safety Deone Buchannon who had 10 tackles and a INT. "I am not to worried" said Coach Leach, "The spring games are designed to show off the offense, but the object of the game is to score the most points and I believe our offense is in position to do that. Look out Oregon."

The Cougars first game will be on the road versus the Auburn Tigers on August 31.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Master of Disguise

May 5th, 2013

The spring game was awesome! Connor and Austin are two very talented kids who could most definitely lead this team to more victories then this program has seen in several years. Granted it was against a defense that was ordered not to play to hard but I am excited about the potential. I wish Coach Leach would have allowed his defense to play at their normal speed so that both sides could get valuable experience in real life situations but hey... thats why I am not a head coach. I just hope it doesnt come back to haunt us.

I am going on the road in a couple weeks to begin my recruiting trail. My first ever recruitment process. Coach Leach wants me to just focus on the offensive side. My first stop will be in Salinas, California to visit offensive lineman Carlos Cantrell. On tape he has decent strength and quick feet but he is not very agile. My second stop and the one I am most excited about is in East Hill-Meridian, Washington to visit Wide Receiver Tim Adams. He is the number 2 wide receiver in the nation and has us as his number one school right now. Coach Leach will be joining me with that visit. Guess he doesnt want me to screw it up... Adams has great speed, excellent hands, and runs routes very well. If there is a flaw in his game its the fact that he hates contact. Always shies away from the big hit. But it has been awhile since this program has had someone of his caliber and speed here.

I can't wait for the football season to start. All the media pundits are all killing each other trying to come up with THE prediction. We are finally settled into our apartment and my fiancee is doing her thing and making it "livable" with paintings and knickknacks and crap. Personally I am good with a tv, xbox, computer and food but hey if it makes her happy..

Old 05-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
Master of Disguise

Behind the Helmet
A Rob Lawrence Production

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is Rob Lawrence. I am a reporter for ESPN and I write a column for USA today. This season ESPN is going to give you a special in depth, behind the scenes look at one special football player in the upcoming college football season. We will take you through his life for one season. This season that special football player is Johnny Football himself, Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.

Manziel debuted for the Texas A&M Aggies as a redshirt freshman in Kevin Sumlin's Air Raid offense during A&M's first season in the SEC. He broke numerous NCAA Division I FBS and SEC records, which include becoming the first freshman and fifth player in NCAA history to pass for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in a season. At the end of the regular season, he became the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy, Manning Award, and the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award. Manziel capitalized on his redshirt freshman season by leading Texas A&M to a 41–13 victory over Oklahoma in the 2013 Cotton Bowl Classic.

This season Manziel and his Texas A&M Aggies have national championship aspirations. First they have to get through a very tough SEC conference which includes an Alabama team looking for revenge after Manziel led the Aggies to a 29-24 upset over then number 1 Alabama. In that game Manzial had 345 all purpose yards and two touchdowns.

Please stay tuned to this very special segment. Part 1 of Behind the Helmet with Johnny Football will air after week 1 of the 2013 season.

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 05-27-2014 at 05:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »