Home

The New Kids In Town: A Missouri Tiger Dynasty (NCAA 2013)

This is a discussion on The New Kids In Town: A Missouri Tiger Dynasty (NCAA 2013) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10
The New Kids In Town: A Missouri Tiger Dynasty (NCAA 2013)

Hello all!
My 2012 Missouri dynasty went quite well, lasted me nearly 10 years of play, and five years of posting.

Since I can't stick to posting any team then my Tigers, we are back for a repeat with NCAA 2013!

The nitty gritty housekeeping!

Play Style: Sim. My idea of sim is a little different, as I play every down I can. I don't abuse plays, but if the defense can't stop me I am not going to run out of bounds or slow down my offense just so I don't blow them out 70-30.

Sliders: I use my own custom sets. I used a near 15/100 set (Human/CPU) in NCAA 2012 at the end for a challenge. I want a game where the teams that are better then me beat me most games, but not so outrageous that I can't beat them once in a great while with a great played game. I also want to blow out horrible teams, be occasionally challenged by teams way less than me, have to game plan to beat teams a tier below me, and have to work to beat great teams.

Right now after playing a few games I have a Heisman set for playing the teams equal and above me, and an AA set for teams below me. They seem to be good, I beat Alabama only of the Alabama/LSU/USC/Oregon/Oklahoma practice games I played,

Difficulty: Heisman. AA if needed for realism, but I ran Heisman most of 2012.

Posting style: You can check out my old dynasty in my sig for my style. It's primarily recap, pictures and stats with a short writeup and storylines.

Recruiting: Never been my favorite thing. Recaps every few weeks, we will see if I actually get into it this year or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Re: The New Kids In Town: A Missouri Tiger Dynasty (NCAA 2013)

The 2011 Missouri Tigers had a somewhat disappointing 8-5 season, but luckily nobody remembers that.

What they remember is that the Missouri Tigers, sick of waiting for the big boys of Texas and Oklahoma to stabilize the Big XII, stuck it to the big boys and headed to the SEC East.

The cost of telling UT and OU to shove it was high though, as Missouri lost their storied rivalry with Kansas. They did gain access to lots of cash though, and they are already reaping high rewards with increased exposure for recruiting.

Missouri is in the semi-deep SEC East, facing defending SEC East champions Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida for the right to be going to the SEC Championship game.

The SEC East will go through Georgia and South Carolina, but you cannot forget that this is the SEC, and Tennessee and Florida are going to be dark-horse contenders for 10-win seasons.

Missouri does have to deal with Alabama and Texas A&M from the SEC West also, two teams that are also capable of 10-win or better seasons. On paper this is one of the deepest conferences in history.

Missouri is entirely capable of winning the SEC East, although they have been voted into the #3-#5 spots. We will know immediately after the Georgia game in week 2. After that two weeks later they face South Carolina!

If Missouri makes it to October 13th relatively unscathed, then we will find out just how good they are when they take on defending BCS National Champions Alabama!

Luckily Missouri does not have to face Arkansas or LSU, they only face one of the top 3 teams in the SEC West.

Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, and Missouri are all capable of winning the East. It just takes one or two lucky breaks, and if the East winner can win the SEC Championship game then most likely they will be in the BCS National Championship, or at the worst the Sugar Bowl.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Rookie

bradchadford's Arena

OVR: 3

Looking forward to this again! Good luck!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Missouri Tigers 2012 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Sep 1vs Wyoming
Sep 8vs Georgia
Sep 15vs Arizona State
Sep 22at South Carolina
Sep 29at UCF
Oct 6vs Vanderbilt
Oct 13vs Alabama
Oct 27vs Kentucky
Nov 3at Florida
Nov 10at Tennessee
Nov 17vs Syracuse
Nov 24at Texas A&M
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Missouri Tigers 2012 Schedule Analysis

Toughest Test: When you play 3 of the top 10 pre-season teams it's hard to name one as the toughest test, but #1 Alabama easily gets the nod. #6 Georgia and #11 South Carolina will be strong tests, but if Missouri wants to be see as a national champion contender they have to be at most 1 loss this year, so if they are undefeated when they host the Crimson Tide we could be in for a treat.

Cakewalk: Wyoming, the replacement for the Lousisana FCS team is not horrible but they are nowhere near the caliber of any of Missouri's other opponents.

Most difficult stretch: There is no one stretch that seems more difficult than any other but Georgia, Arizona State, South Carolina, and UCF is a decent stretch of teams. Missouri will have to bring their best against Georgia and South Carolina, but the other two will be strong competitors.

Projected Outcome: Missouri is most likely to finish 7-5 this year. 10 wins would be an amazing accomplishment. Anything less than 6 is going to burn badly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

2012 Offense Preview
The Missouri Tigers offense will be anchored by the running game, and the leading quarterback James Franklin.

Henry Josey will anchor the Tigers strong running game that finished 12th in the NCAA last year. The SEC will probably slow the Tigers running game, but Franklin and several of his receivers are looking to make an impact and force the SEC to content with both sides of the offense. If everything works out as planned, Missouri could be the next SEC East champions.

2012 Defense Preview
Life is going to be a bit easier for the Missouri defense going into the SEC. It’s a different style and different mindset, and while that’s bad news for the Tiger attack, the D that’s used to getting into wild Big 12 shootouts will have to adjust. The starting 11 should be terrific with corner E.J. Gaines leading an athletic secondary and the return of Will Ebner solidifying an already strong linebacking corps. The line will generate pressure into the backfield from all four spots, but end Brad Madison and tackler Sheldon Richardson have to be 100% after suffering shoulder injuries. (Scouts.com)
Old 07-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #7
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Missouri hires new Secondary Coach
(AP): In some news, the Missouri Tigers have hired Garrett Maddox as the new secondary coach for the Missouri Tigers. Maddox played safety for NWMSU back during their 5 year stint in the Division II national championship game.

Maddox coached 2 years at St Joseph Benton, and although the teams did not win state titles there was significant improvement, enough to land him a D1 assistant defense coaching job.

"So glad to be hear. You probably won't hear from me again all year, but it's so good to be here. M-I-Z... Z-O-U!"
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #8
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

Matchup Preview | September 1, 2012
@
Wyoming Cowboys
(0-0, 0-0 Away)
Missouri Tigers
(0-0, 0-0 Home)
Game Notes
Wyoming is one of those teams that exceeded expectations in 2011 with an 8 win season, but despite returning plenty of talent from their bowl season team, they will be outmanned and outgunned against the Missouri Tigers.

Missouri brings in a great spread attack against the Cowboys weak defense, and unless the Cowboys line steps up their 89th ranked rush defense from 2011 will get exploited by the Tigers rush all day.

Look for Missouri to win big, by at least 21.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »