Home

Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

This is a discussion on Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2024, 11:48 PM   #81
Rookie

HRNolin96's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

Not my Falcons actually ending up with Penix even in this franchise lmao

Liking the presentation of this so far! Wish I had the time and talent to do the same for my franchises, but alas, I do not!

Good luck, I'll be following along!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 04:33 AM   #82
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRNolin96
Not my Falcons actually ending up with Penix even in this franchise lmao

Liking the presentation of this so far! Wish I had the time and talent to do the same for my franchises, but alas, I do not!

Good luck, I'll be following along!!!
Thanks my dude, most of the stuff created by myself is inspired by art from another forum I use to chise at.

The 49ers even drafted Ricky Pearsall hehe.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:34 AM   #83
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 04-30-2024, 06:12 AM   #84
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 04-30-2024, 06:13 AM   #85
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 06:14 AM   #86
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 04-30-2024, 06:16 AM   #87
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Seattle -- Welcome to the latest installment of my “Morning Coffee” blog, Seahawks fanatics. In this blog, I have some tidbits, musings and rumors to discuss. I’ll be doing a weekly report on all things related the Seattle Seahawks. That could be an injury take, trade takes and even mock draft takes as the season progresses. Hope you join the discussion!

It’s Week Eight, which means the tradeline deadline nearing, so there’s a few things to get through.

Kudos to Jason Myers, who missed a fourth quarter field goal to come back on the field and kick the game-winning field goal. It takes a certain amount of composure to nail that kick on television with the nation watching.

• The Seahawks have lost Dre’Mont Jones to a serious concussion, which will rule out their starting defensive end for minimum five weeks. Jones leads the team with 2.5 sacks so far through seven games of the season. It’s a significant loss for the Seahawks, who haven’t been able to generate enough sacks this season. Now they’re going to be without their best pass rusher – statistically.

• With Dre’Mont Jones being ruled out for an extended period, the Seattle Seahawks have been busy before the trade deadline. Earlier this week, traded for Sam Williams, a two-year veteran and a former second round pick who failed to establish himself in Dallas. It’s not a bad move from the Seahawks who sent Jayshawn Jenkins in exchange. Seattle will be hoping Williams will be more than just a situational edge rusher for the Seahawks. Dre’Mont Jones counts $28.13 million against the cap next season. While he has been Seattle’s best edge rusher this season, he’s nowhere near worth that. Seattle will be hoping Williams can make an impact that can lead to a long term future in Seattle which will allow them to dump or trade Jones and his massive cap hit for next season at season’s end.

• From what I’ve heard around the organization, the club still have an interest in Chase Young, who is unlikely to return to New Orleans after his one-year deal expires. The Seahawks are likely to pursue him in free agency. Young has 33 tackles and 3 sacks through six games with the Saints. It’s likely Leonard Williams will play out his contract but he hasn’t set the league on fire in Seattle, either. Seattle have a huge need at pass rusher. Adding Young could help them generate the sacks, if he can find the form from his rookie campaign.

• Seattle have liked what they’ve seen from Sam Howell so far, which begs to ask why they decided to roll with Matt Corral at the start of the season. Seattle’s record could look drastically different from the 1-4 record they held a few weeks ago. Howell played well on Monday night, minus his endzone interception with the Seahawks leading 10-0. Kenneth Walker was the bell cow as both defenses came to play in a slugfest primetime billing.

Geno Smith has been traded to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for a fourth round pick in next spring’s draft and cornerback Andrew Booth Jr, who will try to shed his bust label in Seattle. Seattle were never fully committed to Geno Smith and it was telling when they chose to ride with Matt Corral at the start of the season and then lateralled to Sam Howell by the end of September without truly considering Geno Smith.

Booth Jr was drafted in the second round two years ago by the Vikings but has struggled to stay on the field due to injuries and just has fallen down the depth chart. Here’s something interesting: The Seahawks have acquired a few Clemson defensive players over the last couple of months: Isaiah Simmons, Trenton Simpson and now Andrew Booth Jr.

• Here’s a little bit of a transaction log this week. The Seattle Seahawks have released tight end Geoff Swaim after signing him last week. That’s no surprise with Adam Trautman returning from being AWOL for personal reasons. Tight end Cole Turner has been moved back to the practice squad and the Hawks have re-signed Teez Tabor this week after releasing him last week to make space for Geoff Swaim. The Seahawks also get back defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins and safety Ronnie Harrison Jr, who was sidelined the last couple of weeks.

• The Seahawks briefly had two quarterbacks on the roster after dealing away Geno Smith. They’ve added a third and will sign Jimmy Garoppolo to a one-year contract. Garoppolo will be the backup behind Sam Howell.

Devon Witherspoon and Tariq Woolen had great games Monday night. Jameson Williams was held to 3 catches for 28 yards and Amon-Ra St. Brown had 2 catches for 18 yards – after recording 22 catches and 273 yards the previous two weeks. I’m ready to say it: They are the best cornerback combination in the league.

Back in Week 3, we discussed how Jerome Baker's snaps will decrease at the expense of Trenton Simpson's playtime. Now we have some data to analyse. Over the past four weeks, Simpson has averaged 10 snaps a game with a high of 13 coming in week four against the Giants. He recorded a season high of 24 snaps in their win over the Lions Monday night. With Kenneth Murray also playing well and gelling into Mike Macdonald’s scheme, it’s almost certain at this point Jerome Baker won’t be back next season. Simpson had a solid night against the Lions, showcasing his athleticism as an off-ball linebacker by even covering Amon-Ra St. Brown in the slot.

• ESPN has released their second Mock Draft of the season and the Seattle Seahawks have selected with the eight overall pick… Linebacker Jaishawn Barham, Michigan. Um hello? Have you not seen the Seahawks have Kenneth Murray and Trenton Simpson on their roster. Yikes.

Last edited by frappuccino; 04-30-2024 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:07 PM   #88
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »