Home

NFL 2k5 Rewrite History Mod -Biggest Mod Sports Video Game History!

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 Rewrite History Mod -Biggest Mod Sports Video Game History! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2021, 06:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL 2k5 Rewrite History Mod -Biggest Mod Sports Video Game History!

yeah, i am having an issue with this roster. The niners have all 1 year 3 million dollar salaries and are over the cap. How do we bypass this or change it? i dont forsee being able to go into multiple years with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2021, 11:40 AM   #26
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapes81
yeah, i am having an issue with this roster. The niners have all 1 year 3 million dollar salaries and are over the cap. How do we bypass this or change it? i dont forsee being able to go into multiple years with this.
This is fixed with the new 2k22 file as I have edited most players salaries by hand to their actual 2022 salaries going into the season
Old 07-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #27
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Files have been updated I have converted all the ps2 files to xbox and ps3. This also includes 2000-2021 draft classes rosters and franchise files. Sim stat glitch sadly is still an issue and will require going back through each file to fix which is the focus for this upcoming month. Some draft classes have duplicates from previous seasons which hasn't affected much in my testing as they are usually lower rated rookies but also going through and fixing as well. And 2014 and 2015 files corrupted on me so I have to redo those they wont be included just yet. Basically from this point on now with pretty much all files done and converted it will be a process of hex editing each, adding the correct coaches to each file, fixing the sim stat glitch, and salaries are still messed up in some of the base files. And of course quality of life improvements.

I will start doing this with the 90s files since we don't have many of those in the 2k5 universe, then the 80s, 70s etc etc. Just so we can get the classic files fixed up first as they are some of my oldest files, and they can use some polishing.

So check the first few posts as that's where the new files are, along with a folder of draft classes and playbooks I am slowly working on to help the AI with playcalling, substitutions and QB play.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:28 PM   #28
Rookie

michiganfan98's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Files have been updated I have converted all the ps2 files to xbox and ps3. This also includes 2000-2021 draft classes rosters and franchise files. Sim stat glitch sadly is still an issue and will require going back through each file to fix which is the focus for this upcoming month. Some draft classes have duplicates from previous seasons which hasn't affected much in my testing as they are usually lower rated rookies but also going through and fixing as well. And 2014 and 2015 files corrupted on me so I have to redo those they wont be included just yet. Basically from this point on now with pretty much all files done and converted it will be a process of hex editing each, adding the correct coaches to each file, fixing the sim stat glitch, and salaries are still messed up in some of the base files. And of course quality of life improvements.

I will start doing this with the 90s files since we don't have many of those in the 2k5 universe, then the 80s, 70s etc etc. Just so we can get the classic files fixed up first as they are some of my oldest files, and they can use some polishing.

So check the first few posts as that's where the new files are, along with a folder of draft classes and playbooks I am slowly working on to help the AI with playcalling, substitutions and QB play.
What exactly do you do to clear the stat glitch? And also just wondering- is there any advantage of a psu file over a max? I know max is what is needed to edit on Finns editor but I was wondering why psu files are posted or differentiated from the max files.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:02 AM   #29
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan98
What exactly do you do to clear the stat glitch? And also just wondering- is there any advantage of a psu file over a max? I know max is what is needed to edit on Finns editor but I was wondering why psu files are posted or differentiated from the max files.
It is as simple as simming a season checking the stats, and going to finn;s editor and looking up those players one by one and right click on them and clear stats. Very time consuming and if you clear too many stats it seems to cause a bigger issue few years down the line where the players career stats show up each season.. Really strange I'm going to do a ton more testing next week on these things and other ways to optimize franchise mode. And to be honest i'm not sure lol I know psu was asked for and hopefully it worked but I really don't know the difference.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #30
Rookie

michiganfan98's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
It is as simple as simming a season checking the stats, and going to finn;s editor and looking up those players one by one and right click on them and clear stats. Very time consuming and if you clear too many stats it seems to cause a bigger issue few years down the line where the players career stats show up each season.. Really strange I'm going to do a ton more testing next week on these things and other ways to optimize franchise mode. And to be honest i'm not sure lol I know psu was asked for and hopefully it worked but I really don't know the difference.
I also found that during the year of the stat glitch, if you take the file and edit the affected players and put their years pro at +1 the glitch will disappear and a new row will appear in their stats. Figured you might want to know that as an alternative if the clear stats way is causing issues. So the best way to clear stats would be to make two saves of your franchise, sim one week in one and see which players are doing the stat glitch then take the unsimmed franchise save and give those players +1 years pro. Also I apologize for not getting the file to you yesterday, I’ll be home this afternoon and I’ll get it to you then, I did edit some other guys from your base roster too I believe so I’ll try to get them back to their original attributes as well
Old 07-23-2021, 10:39 AM   #31
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan98
I also found that during the year of the stat glitch, if you take the file and edit the affected players and put their years pro at +1 the glitch will disappear and a new row will appear in their stats. Figured you might want to know that as an alternative if the clear stats way is causing issues. So the best way to clear stats would be to make two saves of your franchise, sim one week in one and see which players are doing the stat glitch then take the unsimmed franchise save and give those players +1 years pro. Also I apologize for not getting the file to you yesterday, I値l be home this afternoon and I値l get it to you then, I did edit some other guys from your base roster too I believe so I値l try to get them back to their original attributes as well
Take your time man no rush I致e been so busy lately anyways. But that痴 interesting! That may make clearing it easier and cause less issues hmm. Once I gave time today this will be the first thing I値l test out and see what I came up with because I hate the glitch with a passion. Thanks for the find
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2021, 02:23 AM   #32
Rookie

BrettFavreFan's Arena

i知 very new to doing this how to get from the PC to the PlayStation 2 what need to make it work? How do you import the updated roster from the PlayStation 2? Also do you have the old teams available from the original release with the updated roster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »