Home

[XBOX] Historic Rosters - ALL TEAMS

This is a discussion on [XBOX] Historic Rosters - ALL TEAMS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #209
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: [XBOX] Historic Rosters - ALL TEAMS

I managed to fill all 32 teams with classic replacements and update the depth charts. For the Saints, Jaguars, and Texans I used the 79 Oilers, 84 Dolphins, and 77 Cowboys respectively. I guessed on a lot of the PR/KR and on the left side vs. right side for the line and linebackers positions.

Franchise mode seems to work just fine. I started a franchise with the 96 packers and played the first game against the 85 Bears. I lost, as Payton ran all over me, even though favre threw for 441 yards.

I simmed the remainder of the season just to make sure nothing locked up. The season sims fine, but some of the stats are out of whack. The QBs stats were way too high. I assume this is because all of the DBs are rated so low compared to the rest of the players. I'm using Capas rosters, and I think he was adjusting ratings if I'm not mistaken. Other than that it is a blast playing a season full of classic teams. Thanks go to both Capa and Finn for all their work, which enabled me to even do this. 2k5 lives on!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #210
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I managed to fill all 32 teams with classic replacements and update the depth charts. For the Saints, Jaguars, and Texans I used the 79 Oilers, 84 Dolphins, and 77 Cowboys respectively. I guessed on a lot of the PR/KR and on the left side vs. right side for the line and linebackers positions.

Franchise mode seems to work just fine. I started a franchise with the 96 packers and played the first game against the 85 Bears. I lost, as Payton ran all over me, even though favre threw for 441 yards.

I simmed the remainder of the season just to make sure nothing locked up. The season sims fine, but some of the stats are out of whack. The QBs stats were way too high. I assume this is because all of the DBs are rated so low compared to the rest of the players. I'm using Capas rosters, and I think he was adjusting ratings if I'm not mistaken. Other than that it is a blast playing a season full of classic teams. Thanks go to both Capa and Finn for all their work, which enabled me to even do this. 2k5 lives on!!!

Yes...since I never envisioned a scenario that would allow you to play historic teams in season mode, the QB and offensive ratings were changed, and some def ratings lowered, in order to achieve balanced gameplay in exhibition mode for these historic teams. The season stats will be out of whack as you said for alot of the offensive players.

You can remedy this if you want to globally edit the areas of concern using Finn's editor. It may take some trial and error, but I am sure you can eventually achieve balanced season stats.

Props to Finn without whom this import function would never even be possible...

C
Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #211
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Looks like I may need to hook up the ole xbox again and enjoy a season for, or should I say of, the ages...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #212
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Looks like I may need to hook up the ole xbox again and enjoy a season for, or should I say of, the ages...
Finn,

Go for it...but hey...anyway to get the team name changer function active for regular rosters? Specifically for this type of roster file with historic teams?
Old 01-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #213
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Finn,

Go for it...but hey...anyway to get the team name changer function active for regular rosters? Specifically for this type of roster file with historic teams?
I don't think there is "room" in the save to allow a team name that is not equal length to the original name so probably would not be much use (not even sure if that would work...)
Old 01-16-2006, 09:20 AM   #214
Pro

I tweaked the ratings a little bit to balance out the stats. After simming a couple of seasons, things look much better.

QBs throw a few more INTs and a lower completion %. A guy like Marino or Favre may still throw for 40 TDs, but Ive only seen 1 guy at a time with 40+ TDs. Maybe 10 QBs will have more than 4000 passing, which is still a little high, but there are a lot of great QBs in this roster set.

All the other stats look believable, at least as much as it can for 32 historic teams competing against each other.

If anyone else wants to try these out, let me know and I'll send them over. These are for those with an XBox and Action Replay.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #215
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I tweaked the ratings a little bit to balance out the stats. After simming a couple of seasons, things look much better.

QBs throw a few more INTs and a lower completion %. A guy like Marino or Favre may still throw for 40 TDs, but Ive only seen 1 guy at a time with 40+ TDs. Maybe 10 QBs will have more than 4000 passing, which is still a little high, but there are a lot of great QBs in this roster set.

All the other stats look believable, at least as much as it can for 32 historic teams competing against each other.

If anyone else wants to try these out, let me know and I'll send them over. These are for those with an XBox and Action Replay.
Matt,

Can you go through the ratings adjustments you made?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #216
Pro

Sure. here's what I adjusted:

QBs
- Lowered pass accuracy & arm strength by 5%
OLB, ILB
- Increased agility and coverage by 5%.
- Set catch to 22 (seriously)
CB
- Increased agility by 10%
- Increaed coverage by 10%
- Increased aggressiveness 5%
- Set catch to 35
SS, FS
- Increased agility by 5%
- Increased coverage by 5%
- Set catch to 30

I didn't touch any other positions, because the stats for everything else came out good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »