Home

NFL2K20 Roster + franchise based on Madden 2020

This is a discussion on NFL2K20 Roster + franchise based on Madden 2020 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-25-2019, 03:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NFL2K20 Roster + franchise based on Madden 2020

Madden website got updated a short while ago so I've generated NFL2K5 roster and franchise gamesaves based on this year's madden data.

If your favorite rookie draft pick is not on your team, he's likely a free agent that you can pick up.

I plan on updating rosters and franchise files at the end of the preseason.

The attached files are for the OG XBOX.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden2K20Roster_pre_preseason.zip (222.9 KB, 211 views)
File Type: zip Madden2K20Fran_pre_preseason.zip (252.5 KB, 142 views)
File Type: zip Madden2K20Roster_week1.zip (224.2 KB, 299 views)
File Type: zip Madden2K20Fran_week1.zip (246.3 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by BAD_AL; 09-07-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL2K20 Roster + franchise based on Madden 2020

How are you pulling the data? I see on your github page that it's all in a JSON file. Did you pull it from their site like that or did you scrape their site and put it into JSON?
Old 07-25-2019, 02:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus36
How are you pulling the data? I see on your github page that it's all in a JSON file. Did you pull it from their site like that or did you scrape their site and put it into JSON?
Data like that is normally transferred in JSON format to the web page.
Most browsers today have a debugger that you can use to inspect the code and data.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #4
Rookie

hey BAD_AL thanks for keeping 2k5 alive, i was just wondering if u could add a few photos to the roster for key players on each team and is it possible to change the names of St Louis Rams to Los Angles Rams, San Diego Chargers to Los Angles Chargers and Oakland Raiders to Las Vegas Raiders? i also noticed a few players such as Todd Gurley II on the Rams doesn't have dreads. do u think u could fix and update i think it would add a lot more authenticity to ur already great roster.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henne407
hey BAD_AL thanks for keeping 2k5 alive, i was just wondering if u could add a few photos to the roster for key players on each team and is it possible to change the names of St Louis Rams to Los Angles Rams, San Diego Chargers to Los Angles Chargers and Oakland Raiders to Las Vegas Raiders? i also noticed a few players such as Todd Gurley II on the Rams doesn't have dreads. do u think u could fix and update i think it would add a lot more authenticity to ur already great roster.
Good catch on the 'LA' team names, I totally forgot about that.
I'm fine with improving the appearance data too.
If you'd like to contribute appearance data I'd be able to easily incorporate it into a release.

The best way to contribute that data would be to load up the roster in NFL2K5Tool, list the contents and use the player editor (double click on a player's text data) to edit the select group of players you're interested in. Then copy and paste all the players that you modified to a text file and upload it here.

If you know of an existing NFL2K5 gamesave with great appearance data, send me a link to it and I can transfer it over.

P.S.
If you're going to try to find the best face match, you may want to browse the 'PlayerData/PlayerPhotos/' folder in windows and just enter the photo number into the text view of NFL2K5Tool directly.

Also this stuff is good to know if you're going to be manually editing a lot of text.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 11:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD_AL
Good catch on the 'LA' team names, I totally forgot about that.
I'm fine with improving the appearance data too.
If you'd like to contribute appearance data I'd be able to easily incorporate it into a release.

The best way to contribute that data would be to load up the roster in NFL2K5Tool, list the contents and use the player editor (double click on a player's text data) to edit the select group of players you're interested in. Then copy and paste all the players that you modified to a text file and upload it here.

If you know of an existing NFL2K5 gamesave with great appearance data, send me a link to it and I can transfer it over.

P.S.
If you're going to try to find the best face match, you may want to browse the 'PlayerData/PlayerPhotos/' folder in windows and just enter the photo number into the text view of NFL2K5Tool directly.

Also this stuff is good to know if you're going to be manually editing a lot of text.
im working on a roster using finns editor right now cause im not too familiar with the hex editor but its from 2018 season so everything is not up to date but it will have some great faces. I just finished the Chiefs and im getting the photos from a older gave save from another roster i found. i dont have a estimated time on when ill be done but i can send u my roster when im finished and maybe u could incorporate them into ur roster and release it with the added faces. Or i can just send u the link with the roster im getting the information from.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...x-xbox360.html

Last edited by henne407; 07-26-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:21 AM   #7
Rookie

Hey BAD_AL just wondering why every team on your roster has ratings of 100 is that something u can make more realistic cause i know every team cant be that good lol.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
im working on a roster using finns editor right now cause im not too familiar with the hex editor but its from 2018 season so everything is not up to date but it will have some great faces. I just finished the Chiefs and im getting the photos from a older gave save from another roster i found. i dont have a estimated time on when ill be done but i can send u my roster when im finished and maybe u could incorporate them into ur roster and release it with the added faces. Or i can just send u the link with the roster im getting the information from.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...x-xbox360.html
Ok, if you think the 2k17 roster has good appearance data, I can just extract from that one.

Quote:
Hey BAD_AL just wondering why every team on your roster has ratings of 100 is that something u can make more realistic cause i know every team cant be that good lol.
The data is a straight-ish transfer from the attributes listed on the Madden website; I think it's still pretty fun, but if you come up with a good set of 'adjustment' formulas we can give those a try fairly easily.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden2K20Roster_pre_preseason_photos.zip (235.2 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by BAD_AL; 07-29-2019 at 01:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »