Home

OK I think I Finally Figured it out

This is a discussion on OK I think I Finally Figured it out within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2004, 03:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: OK I think I Finally Figured it out

I think what people are thinking is that if you turn consistancy up that everyone will play the same or better than their ratings. NO THAT IS NOT TRUE. All they do is play to thier ratings all the time, and I see nothing wrong with that. I got sick and tired of seeing my oline go fu4cking brain dead even though they are rated in the high 80's to low 90's. An like I said when I played PIt Porter ripped me a new butthole, BECAUSE they ran a 3-4 my center True is not rtated that good so my guard had to help out with hampton and PIt blitzed alot so that would leave me tackle Sims who is rated pretty good againts POrter one on one. Porter beat him for three sacks. I loved it BECAUSE, when I would go look at the replay Guard tackle where doubleing on Hampton and that left SImms 1on 1 with Porter Simms did everything he could to block him but Porter BEAT him plain and simple. It WAS NOT a case of SImms stansing thier like a jackkass and watching porter go and get Gannon. And the same goes for the DB no more Quick sand effect your corners actually cover. PLEASE try this, and for you guys thinking that it will make everyone play like all-stars pick a crappy team and play the PAts or Panthers then come talk to me.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
I think what people are thinking is that if you turn consistancy up that everyone will play the same or better than their ratings. NO THAT IS NOT TRUE. All they do is play to thier ratings all the time, and I see nothing wrong with that. I got sick and tired of seeing my oline go fu4cking brain dead even though they are rated in the high 80's to low 90's. An like I said when I played PIt Porter ripped me a new butthole, BECAUSE they ran a 3-4 my center True is not rtated that good so my guard had to help out with hampton and PIt blitzed alot so that would leave me tackle Sims who is rated pretty good againts POrter one on one. Porter beat him for three sacks. I loved it BECAUSE, when I would go look at the replay Guard tackle where doubleing on Hampton and that left SImms 1on 1 with Porter Simms did everything he could to block him but Porter BEAT him plain and simple. It WAS NOT a case of SImms stansing thier like a jackkass and watching porter go and get Gannon. And the same goes for the DB no more Quick sand effect your corners actually cover. PLEASE try this, and for you guys thinking that it will make everyone play like all-stars pick a crappy team and play the PAts or Panthers then come talk to me.
Sounds promising. So than how much should a players consistancy rating be increased. Seeing how this applies to all positions, is there some kind of formual for doing this?

On a side note, I wonder if VC/Sega is aware of this? Hopefully since the roster update has been delayed they are looking into making the AI perform better, ....among other things.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:44 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by queens211
Sounds promising. So than how much should a players consistancy rating be increased. Seeing how this applies to all positions, is there some kind of formual for doing this?

On a side note, I wonder if VC/Sega is aware of this? Hopefully since the roster update has been delayed they are looking into making the AI perform better, ....among other things.

I just figured that the reason these guys are in the NFL is cause thier good, duh so I just thought the worst players would be at a 75-80 consistancy as for the good players @ 90. lIke I said please try this and tell me what you think play Legend Default with these rosters and pick a Crappy to decent team and play another team with @ the same ratings then play Carolina or the Pats and tell me if it was the same game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 04:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The only problem is the consistency is going to make the overall rating go up. So you gotta adjust something else.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Knowing this....Couldnt VC fix this with the first roster update?
Old 09-07-2004, 04:49 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The only problem is the consistency is going to make the overall rating go up. So you gotta adjust something else.

WHats up LBz this is Tommy Frazier from the old madden planet boards. I know thats what I have been trying to figure out, I lowerd everyones ratings by 1 percent and that helped out a little. I will figure out what to do hopefully.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:52 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23jp
Knowing this....Couldnt VC fix this with the first roster update?

You would think, but 2 things one they cant cause then they would be admitting a "mistake" and 2 they would say something like "well consistancy is what seprates the good players from the bad" This is true but the way the game is designed VC represents this in a whorrible manner, by having thier players go jackass on us and not do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

Well, I bumped up the 49ers to 80+ Consistency, and here’s what I observed:

The good – The running game is great, and I’ll have to bump up Tackle and Pursuit sliders. They’ve been close to 0 because the D players tackle and attack too good this year, IMO. I always like having my sliders mid-way if possible – more choice in adjusting either way then. Also, all running backs Strength and Break Tackle can be lowered and adjusted, allowing for more variation in running styles. I had to lower Jamal Robertson down into the 40’s because he was knocking Derek Smith over all the time. Even power backs can be adjusted, so that every team’s power back isn’t just 75 Strength, 80 Break Tackle like they are now.

The not so good for me personally – Lots of dropped balls from DB super hits, which I don’t like anyway in this year’s game – overdone, IMO. My Coverage slider was @ 0, BTW. Also, it screws up CPU vs CPU games somewhat. The CPU D is just too good for the CPU O. But this isn’t an issue for most people, obviously.

I have to say, though, that it’s great playing when there’s a sense that CPU players’ skill levels are similar to NFL caliber. It definitely feels a lot tighter and cleaner as a game – nowhere near as much AI idiocy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »