Home

NFL2K17 Roster and Franchise (Xbox/Xbox360)

This is a discussion on NFL2K17 Roster and Franchise (Xbox/Xbox360) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NFL2K17 Roster and Franchise (Xbox/Xbox360)

And how do you edit team names on flying finns editor
Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #34
Banned

cmew's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, I was thinking of whether or not to leave retired players, and I decided to leave them because sometimes players come out of retirement, a la James Harrison, plus it gives you more options. What do you guys think?

I just noticed that LA doesn't appear on the Roster file, I'll try to go in and fix it.

wfwilson- you can't edit the names with Finn's Editor, you have to use a Hex Editor for that. I use HxD for example.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Never worked with a hex b4 Where and how I change the St.Louis to Los Angeles on the name and scoreboard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 05:01 AM   #36
Banned

cmew's Arena

Well, if you drop the file into the hex editor, you can then search for the words "St. Louis" or "STL" and make sure to check the box for unicode. Once you find the code for it you click the replace option, and replace the name with something else. Be aware though that the replacement must be the same length. You can't have more characters or fewer, so you may have to mess around and add spaces as necessary.

Make sure to open the file and save it again in Finn's editor to re-pack it, otherwise it won't open on the Xbox, that was the mistake I made the first time. Good luck.

Last edited by cmew; 05-05-2016 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmew
Yeah, I was thinking of whether or not to leave retired players, and I decided to leave them because sometimes players come out of retirement, a la James Harrison, plus it gives you more options. What do you guys think?

I just noticed that LA doesn't appear on the Roster file, I'll try to go in and fix it.
I've been updating post draft and 99% of the time I remove retired players because 99% of them don't come back. The ones that do, I pull an old roster file, copy the player, and paste in new roster file.

In updating, I'm running into the problem of roster spots. Currently on the Browns, a team being heavily rebuilt, only 43 roster spots. Any remedy to get this back to 50+?

By the way, I've done Bucs, Jets, Cards, Lions, Chargers, Packers, Chiefs, Panthers, Colts, Pats so far.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:12 PM   #38
Rookie

all the info you need

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html
Old 05-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #39
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmew

wfwilson- you can't edit the names with Finn's Editor, you have to use a Hex Editor for that. I use HxD for example.
First of all, thanks for your work. I'm looking forward to your next updated file with the correction to the LA Rams. I would do this myself but I haven't used Finn's Editor in so long I wouldn't have a clue as to how to fix it. I'm sure it shouldn't be a hard process but I'm just going to wait until you fix it & put the updated file out. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-05-2016, 10:43 PM   #40
Just started!

OVR: 0

Excuse me for being dumb but in franchise how do I only control one team. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »